BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- North Korean caught secretly mining bitcoin rival
- IPO Timelines Cut by 80% After SEC's Private Filing Decision
- How the Carried Interest Break Survived the Tax Bill
- FINRA: The Neutral Corner
- Coinbasex Says Buying and Selling Temporarily Disabled Amid Price Rout
- Bitcoin plunges by more than a third in a single day
- Goldman Is Setting Up a Cryptocurrency Trading Desk
- Jefferies Lets Employees Choose When to Receive Their Bonuses
- UBS Told to Pay $903K After Losing Retaliation Verdict
- BEWARE: Long Island Iced Tea Shares Soar After Changing Name to Long Blockchain
- Gary Cohn’s Last Laugh: Cashing Out on Trump’s Tax Plan
- E*Trade Lets Customers Trade in CBOE Bitcoin Futures
- Swiss Find Serious Shortcomings at JPMorgan in 1MDB Case
- Washington-based Investment Adviser and His Business Partner Charged in Multi-Million Dollar Scheme
- FINRA Board of Governors Meeting
- Cryptocurrency Market Now Doing Same Daily Volume as the NYSE
- Jailed Barclays Trader Must Pay $400,000 From Libor Profits
- Trump Asks ‘How’s Your 401(k)?’ But Most Voters Don’t Have One
- A Bitcoin Hedge Fund’s Return: 25,004% (That Wasn’t a Typo)
- Madoff Victims Near Full Recovery of Principal With Payout
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
‘Willful’ Failure to Update Form U4 - FINRA Sanctions for November and December
by Howard Haykin
Robert Hoffmann (FINRA AWC #2015045024901) - $5K fine & 3-month suspension.
- willfully failed to timely disclose/report an unsatisfied IRS lien.
- in November, was barred for failing to cooperate with FINRA’s investigation.
Nancy Johnson (FINRA AWC#2016049035301) - $10K fine & 5-month suspension.
- made false written statements to her member firm on its forms and in its electronic distribution system in connection with the processing of a wire transfer request, falsely indicating that she and another employee had each spoken with the customer and confirmed the wire transfer request.
- willfully failed to timely disclose/report a bankruptcy petition.
William White (FINRA AWC #2015048104602) - $12.5K fine & 16-month suspension.
- willfully failed to timely to disclose/report a bankruptcy petition, tax liens, FINRA arbitrations and a civil litigation.
- failed to timely respond to FINRA requests relating to an investigation.
- opened and traded in an outside securities accounts without giving prior written notice to his member firm and the executing firm.
Tiffany De Ruosi (FINRA AWC #2015046161601) - $5K fine & 6-month suspension.
- willfully failed to timely disclose/report felony charge in connection with a motor vehicle incident –reduced to misdemeanor in a plea deal.
- provided false answer on firm’s annual compliance questionnaire (ACQ).
Kevin Bonner (FINRA AWC #2016049664001) - $2.5K fine & 6-month suspension.
- borrowed $50K from customer without firm’s knowledge or approval; only repaid $25K.
- willfully failed to disclose/report suspension of his accountant’s license by Washington State.
Evan Foehrkolb (FINRA AWC #2016052430501) - $5K fine & 6-month suspension.
- willfully failed to timely disclose/report felony charges.
- falsely answered on his member firm’s ACQ regarding the felony attestation.
Lawrence Koresko (FINRA AWC #2014043493201) - $10K fine & 6-month suspension.
- willfully failed to timely disclose/report at least 12 civil lawsuits, all arising out of his outside business activities – all of which involved securities, were investment-related, or contained allegations of sales practice violations, as those terms are defined in the Form U4.
- provided inaccurate answers on firm’s ACQs regarding receipt of customer complaints for securities or insurance.
Richard Riemer Jr. (FINRA AWC #2013038986001) - $5K fine & 6-month suspension – NAC/OHO rulings on appeal.
- willfully failed to timely disclose/report tax liens and a bankruptcy petition.
- falsely reported on firm’s ACQs regarding unsatisfied liens and bankruptcy filing.
Frederick Roehm (FINRA Case #2014041233001)- $5K fine & 5-month suspension.
- willfully failed to disclose/report investment-related, consumer-initiated written complaint involving sales practice violations.
- willfully failed to timely & accurately disclose/report his being named s a defendant in investment-related, consumer-initiated civil litigation involving sales practice violations.
- attempted to settle the claims outlined in a draft complaint without notifying member firm.
[Click for simiilar Financialish write-ups posted in July 2017: 'Willful' Failure to Update One's Form U4 - Case Studies’]
These cases were reported in FINRA Disciplinary Actions for November 2017 or December 2017.
For details on any case, go to ... FINRA Disciplinary Actions Online, and refer to the respective Case’s Number.