BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Sarah ten Siethoff is New Associate Director of SEC Investment Management Rulemaking Office
- Catherine Keating Appointed CEO of BNY Mellon Wealth Management
- Credit Suisse to Pay $47Mn to Resolve DOJ Asia Probe
- SEC Chair Clayton Goes 'Hat in Hand' Before Congress on 2019 Budget Request
- SEC's Opening Remarks to the Elder Justice Coordinating Council
- Massachusetts Jury Convicts CA Attorney of Securities Fraud
- Deutsche Bank Says 3 Senior Investment Bankers to Leave Firm
- World’s Biggest Hedge Fund Reportedly ‘Bearish On Financial Assets’
- SEC Fines Constant Contact, Popular Email Marketer, for Overstating Subscriber Numbers
- SocGen Agrees to Pay $1.3 Billion to End Libya, Libor Probes
- Cryptocurrency Exchange Bitfinex Briefly Halts Trading After Cyber Attack
- SEC Names Valerie Szczepanik Senior Advisor for Digital Assets and Innovation
- SEC Modernizes Delivery of Fund Reports, Seeks Public Feedback on Improving Fund Disclosure
- NYSE Says SEC Plan to Limit Exchange Rebates Would Hurt Investors
- Deutsche Bank faces another challenge with Fed stress test
- Former JPMorgan Broker Files racial discrimination suit against company
- $3.3Mn Winning Bid for Lunch with Warren Buffett
- Julie Erhardt is SEC's New Acting Chief Risk Officer
- Chyhe Becker is SEC's New Acting Chief Economist, Acting Director of Economic and Risk Analysis Division
- Getting a Handle on Virtual Currencies - FINRA
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Brian Quintenz, Commodity Pool Operator, Likely CFTC Nominee
Brian Quintenz, a former aide in the House of Representatives and the current founder and manager of commodity pool hedge fund, is expected to be nominated for the CFTC by Donald Trump. This would be the second go-around for Mr. Quintenz, who was nominated in early 2016 by President Obama. Unfortunately, his nomination never made it to a confirmation vote – even though he was readily accepted by the Senate Agriculture Committee.
Needless to say, the CFTC is operating with 2 commissioners – one of whom, Christopher Giancarlo, was nominated by Trump to chair the Commission. The White House has yet to submit the required paperwork for the senate to consider his nomination. [It’s as if the Trump administration is disinterested in filling its vacant senior appointments.]
Brian Quintenz Bio. According to his LinkedIn profile, Brian Quintenz is the Founder, Managing Principal, and Chief Investment Officer of D.C.-based Saeculum Capital Management. He has worked on the buy side of financial markets since 2008. Through his expertise at fundamental valuation, risk management, derivatives, and technical analysis, Quintenz developed and implements Saeculum's investment process for both traditional discretionary accounts as well as a managed-futures style, commodity pool hedge fund.
Prior to forming Saeculum Capital Management in late 2013, Quintenz:
- most recently worked within the Global Institutional Consulting Group at Merrill Lynch as an outside consultant;
- 2009 – 2012: Senior Associate for Hill-Townsend Capital, a long-short hedge fund established during the 2007 crisis;
- 2001 – 2007: senior policy aide in House of Representatives for Congresswoman Deborah Pryce,.
Quintenz graduated Magna Cum Laude from Duke University with a major in Public Policy Studies and received an MBA from Georgetown McDonough School of Business, where he was inducted into the Phi Beta Gamma honors society.