BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- State Street Challenging BNY Mellon As Largest Custody Bank
- Changes to FINRA Advisory Committees: Phase 1
- SEC Approves CAT Fee Dispute Resolution Process
- Boston-Area Consultant & Friend Settle SEC Insider Trading Charges
- SEC Chair Clayton: Statement on Status of the Consolidated Audit Trail ('CAT')
- Goldman to Launch $5bn Fund with China Investment Corp.
- Wells Fargo Launches Robo-Adviser Targeting Millenial Investors
- Barclays Fails to End U.S. 'Dark Pool' Class Action
- Goldman Sachs' Chief Risk Officer, Craig Broderick, to Retire
- Time to Renew FINRA Registrations - B/D, IA, Agent, IA Rep, Branches
- New Jersey’s Next Governor Could Be a Democrat Who Worked at Goldman Sachs
- FINRA New York Region Networking Seminar - December 1st
- SEC Approves “Pay-to-Play” and Related Rules for Capital Acquisition Brokers
- Hedge Fund Giant Paul Singer Targeted for Destruction by Steve Bannon
- Saudi Arabia's arrest of Prince Alwaleed 'would be like arresting Warren Buffett or Bill Gates' in the US
- Arrest of Billionaire Saudi Prince Touches Sizable Stakes - Citigroup, Twitter, Lyft
- New York Fed President William Dudley set to announce retirement
- FINRA Arbitration Panel Rules Against ex-LPL Broker in $30Mn Lawsuit vs. Firm
- OOPS! Goldman, JPMorgan, BofA Fail in Pricing an IPO
- Former Merrill Broker Pleads Guilty to Fee Fraud, Faces Up To 25 Years
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Donald Trump & Co.
Business Leaders Abandon Trump
Members of the CEO Strategic and Policy Forum conducted a private phone call Wednesday afternoon, at which time they agreed to end their participation in the group and to distance themselves from the president. The participants also used the opportunity to condemn Trump's confrontational response to the violent white supremacist rally this past weekend in Charlottesville, VA.
In a statement, the Strategic and Policy Forum members said they "believe the debate over Forum participation has become a distraction from our well-intentioned and sincere desire to aid vital policy discussions on how to improve the lives of everyday Americans."
JPMorgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon, one of the forum participants, expressed his own sentiments: "Constructive economic and regulatory policies are not enough and will not matter if we do not address the divisions in our country. It's a leader's role, in business or government, to bring people together, not tear them apart."
Shortly thereafter, Donald Trump went on Twitter to abruptly announce that he would end both the 'Strategic and Policy Forum' and the 'Manufacturing CEO Council'.
The Strategic and Policy Forum had featured:
- Blackstone CEO Steve Schwarzman
- Paul Atkins, CEO, Patomak Global Partners
- Mary Barra, chairman and CEO, General Motors
- Toby Cosgrove, CEO, Cleveland Clinic
- Jamie Dimon, chairman and CEO, JPMorgan Chase
- Larry Fink, chairman and CEO, BlackRock
- Rich Lesser, president and CEO, Boston Consulting Group
- Doug McMillon, president and CEO, Wal-Mart.
- Jim McNerney, former chairman, president, and CEO, Boeing
- Indra Nooyi, chairman and CEO of PepsiCo
- Adebayo "Bayo" Ogunlesi, chairman and managing partner, Global Infrastructure Partners
- Ginni Rometty, chairman, president, and CEO, IBM
- Kevin Warsh, Shepard family distinguished visiting fellow in economics, Hoover Institute, former member of the Federal Reserve Board of Governors
- Mark Weinberger, global chairman and CEO, EY
- Jack Welch, Former chairman and CEO, General Electric
- Daniel Yergin, vice chairman of IHS Markit
Disney CEO Bob Iger, Tesla CEO Elon Musk and former Uber CEO Travis Kalanick previously left the forum.