BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Stephen Hicks Barred for Defrauding His CT Hedge Funds - SEC
- Barclays CEO Staley Sees Pay Decline - Frankly, He's Lucky to Still be Employed
- Barclays Female Investment Bankers Earn 21% Less in Bonuses than Male Counterparts
- FINRA Eliminates $400 Fee for Explained Arbitration Decision
- SEC Adopts Statement and Interpretive Guidance on Public Company Cybersecurity Disclosures
- SEC Charges Former Bitcoin Exchange and Its Founder With Fraud
- JPMorgan Chase to Replace NYC Headquarters with 70-Story Skyscraper
- Citigroup Raises CEO Corbat's Pay 48% to $23Mn
- Should Congress Create a Crypto-Cop?
- JPMorgan Weighs Buying an Exchange-Traded Funds Firm
- Hey, Goldman Sachs: Wanna Buy BNY Mellon?
- SEC Order Rejecting Acquisition of Chicago Stock Exchange (CSX) by Chinese-Baesd Company
- Kyle Moffatt Named Chief Accountant in SEC CorpFinance
- SEC Suspends Trading in 3 Issuers Claiming Involvement in Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Technology
- Karen Garnett, Assoc. Director of SEC CorpFinance, to Leave After 23 Years of Service
- Louisiana Adviser Barred for Hiding Losses from Investors
- Connecticut HF Manager Illegally Diverted Investor Money - Now Owes Nearly $13Mn
- White House Cleaning House of Advisors Without Full Security Clearance
- Goldman Projects 30% Growth in Wealth Management Advisor Force
- Whistleblower Alleges Manipulation of CBOE Volatility Index
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Donald Trump & Co.
Business Leaders Abandon Trump
Members of the CEO Strategic and Policy Forum conducted a private phone call Wednesday afternoon, at which time they agreed to end their participation in the group and to distance themselves from the president. The participants also used the opportunity to condemn Trump's confrontational response to the violent white supremacist rally this past weekend in Charlottesville, VA.
In a statement, the Strategic and Policy Forum members said they "believe the debate over Forum participation has become a distraction from our well-intentioned and sincere desire to aid vital policy discussions on how to improve the lives of everyday Americans."
JPMorgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon, one of the forum participants, expressed his own sentiments: "Constructive economic and regulatory policies are not enough and will not matter if we do not address the divisions in our country. It's a leader's role, in business or government, to bring people together, not tear them apart."
Shortly thereafter, Donald Trump went on Twitter to abruptly announce that he would end both the 'Strategic and Policy Forum' and the 'Manufacturing CEO Council'.
The Strategic and Policy Forum had featured:
- Blackstone CEO Steve Schwarzman
- Paul Atkins, CEO, Patomak Global Partners
- Mary Barra, chairman and CEO, General Motors
- Toby Cosgrove, CEO, Cleveland Clinic
- Jamie Dimon, chairman and CEO, JPMorgan Chase
- Larry Fink, chairman and CEO, BlackRock
- Rich Lesser, president and CEO, Boston Consulting Group
- Doug McMillon, president and CEO, Wal-Mart.
- Jim McNerney, former chairman, president, and CEO, Boeing
- Indra Nooyi, chairman and CEO of PepsiCo
- Adebayo "Bayo" Ogunlesi, chairman and managing partner, Global Infrastructure Partners
- Ginni Rometty, chairman, president, and CEO, IBM
- Kevin Warsh, Shepard family distinguished visiting fellow in economics, Hoover Institute, former member of the Federal Reserve Board of Governors
- Mark Weinberger, global chairman and CEO, EY
- Jack Welch, Former chairman and CEO, General Electric
- Daniel Yergin, vice chairman of IHS Markit
Disney CEO Bob Iger, Tesla CEO Elon Musk and former Uber CEO Travis Kalanick previously left the forum.