BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Wells Fargo Has Shown Us Its Contemptible Values
- UBS to Counter Trading Troubles With M&A Work
- SEC Moves Quickly To Shut Down Fake Pre-IPO Share Scam
- SEC Testimony: Oversight of the SEC Division of Enforcement
- FINRA Modifies 'Agency Debt Security' in Rule 6710
- Is Jamie Dimon Doing a U-Turn on Bitcoin?
- After New Yorker's Racist Rant Goes Viral, His Law Firm Gets Pummeled with 1-Star Yelp Reviews
- Bill O’Donnell is New CFO at MetLife
- Trump Still Owes Deutsche Bank, Others as Much as $480Mn
- Wells Fargo Scandals Hurt Its Retirement Business
- Michigan State to Pay $500Mn to Victims of Larry Nassar's Abuse
- Top Lawyer at Novartis Leaving Over $1.2Mn Contract with Michael Cohen's Consulting Firm
- Cadwalader Adds Mark Chorazak to its Financial Regulation Practice
- Deutsche Bank: It's A Short According to Eisman of ‘The Big Short’ Fame
- Up In Smoke: Bank of Montreal Goes All-In on Pot Deals
- RBS to Pay $4.9Bn to Settle Toxic MBS Probe with U.S.
- Apple and Goldman Sachs Team Up to Release New Credit Card
- Robinhood, A Stock, Trading App Rejected by 75 Investors, Now Worth $5.6Bn
- Wells Fargo Reportedly Pocketed Fire And Police Department Pension Fund Fee Rebates
- Trading App Robinhood Surpasses E*Trade In User Numbers
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Donald Trump & Co.
Business Leaders Abandon Trump
Members of the CEO Strategic and Policy Forum conducted a private phone call Wednesday afternoon, at which time they agreed to end their participation in the group and to distance themselves from the president. The participants also used the opportunity to condemn Trump's confrontational response to the violent white supremacist rally this past weekend in Charlottesville, VA.
In a statement, the Strategic and Policy Forum members said they "believe the debate over Forum participation has become a distraction from our well-intentioned and sincere desire to aid vital policy discussions on how to improve the lives of everyday Americans."
JPMorgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon, one of the forum participants, expressed his own sentiments: "Constructive economic and regulatory policies are not enough and will not matter if we do not address the divisions in our country. It's a leader's role, in business or government, to bring people together, not tear them apart."
Shortly thereafter, Donald Trump went on Twitter to abruptly announce that he would end both the 'Strategic and Policy Forum' and the 'Manufacturing CEO Council'.
The Strategic and Policy Forum had featured:
- Blackstone CEO Steve Schwarzman
- Paul Atkins, CEO, Patomak Global Partners
- Mary Barra, chairman and CEO, General Motors
- Toby Cosgrove, CEO, Cleveland Clinic
- Jamie Dimon, chairman and CEO, JPMorgan Chase
- Larry Fink, chairman and CEO, BlackRock
- Rich Lesser, president and CEO, Boston Consulting Group
- Doug McMillon, president and CEO, Wal-Mart.
- Jim McNerney, former chairman, president, and CEO, Boeing
- Indra Nooyi, chairman and CEO of PepsiCo
- Adebayo "Bayo" Ogunlesi, chairman and managing partner, Global Infrastructure Partners
- Ginni Rometty, chairman, president, and CEO, IBM
- Kevin Warsh, Shepard family distinguished visiting fellow in economics, Hoover Institute, former member of the Federal Reserve Board of Governors
- Mark Weinberger, global chairman and CEO, EY
- Jack Welch, Former chairman and CEO, General Electric
- Daniel Yergin, vice chairman of IHS Markit
Disney CEO Bob Iger, Tesla CEO Elon Musk and former Uber CEO Travis Kalanick previously left the forum.