BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Latham & Watkins Chair Bill Voge Resigns Over Sexual Messages
- Jefferies Equity Trading Slips Even as Volatility Increases
- Can Jes Staley Fix Barclays Fast Enough?
- Deutsche Bank Slides 6.2% After Warning of $550Mn Q1 Headwind
- UBS to Pay $230Mn to N.Y. in Mortgage Securities Probe
- With At Least 190 Cryptocurrency Exchanges, Here's How to Pick Right One
- Mark Zuckerberg Lost $9Bn in Wealth Over Past 48 Hours
- Keynote Address, ICI 2018 Mutual Funds & Investment Management Conference
- SEC Announces Largest-Ever Whistleblower Awards
- From a $126Mn Bonus to Jail: Fall of a Star Trader
- Barclays Shares Surge as Activist Takes 5.2% Stake
- Standard Chartered Puts Compliance Head Neil Barry on Leave
- Goldman Sachs Pays Women in U.K. 56% Less Than Male Colleagues
- Deutsche Bank Leads Bulls with Higher Trading Revenue Forecast
- SocGen Cuts Traders' Bonus Pool by a Quarter
- Point72's Haynes Resigns as Cohen Seeks a New Type of Leader
- Steve Eisman, Who Called the 'Big Short' During Financial Crisis, Sleeping Easy Now
- Bitcoin's ‘Death Cross’ Looms as Strategist Eyes $2,800 Level - From Current Price of $8,120
- U.K. Brokerage Firm, Investment Manager, CEO Manipulated Trading in U.S. Microcap Stocks - SEC
- Billionaire Investor John Paulson's Hedge Fund Is 'Rightsizing', And a Bunch of Senior Staff are Leaving
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Donald Trump & Co.
Gary Cohn Resigns as Trump's Top Economic Advisor
As reported by CNBC.com, White House chief economic advisor Gary Cohn has resigned from President Donald Trump's administration.
The former Goldman Sachs president and free trade advocate Cohn, whose depature has yet to be announced, departs after Trump announced he would impose stiff tariffs on steel and aluminum imports.
"Gary has been my chief economic advisor and did a superb job in driving our agenda, helping to deliver historic tax cuts and reforms and unleashing the American economy once again," Trump said.
"He is a rare talent, and I thank him for his dedicated service to the American people."
Cohn clashed with Trump's protectionist advisors on the issue. At a meeting with steel and aluminum executives Thursday where Trump announced the move, Cohn argued against it, warning about price increases for steel and aluminum products, according to a person in the room.
Market watchers saw Cohn's potential departure as a bad omen for the White House's economic policy. He helped to shepherd massive tax cuts, the Trump administration's only major legislative achievement, which the president signed into law in December.
Financialish Note: Congratulations to Cohn for finally fulfilling his long-awaited departure. It would appear that he has made this move with his dignity and reputation still intact.
[Click link below for complete story.]