BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- SEC Charges Additional Defendant in Fraudulent ICO Scheme
- Warren Buffett Simply Blew it on Wells Fargo Stock: Dick Bove (Video)
- Barclays and Deutsche Bank to Lag U.S. Trading Peers
- NY AG Schneiderman Seeks to Close Loophole That Could Let Trump Pardons Block State Charges
- 'Fearless Girl' is Moving to NYSE After Year Staring Down 'Charging Bull'
- What's In Your Wallet - American Express Shares Soar After Earnings Release
- Deutsche Bank's Executive Departures Continue Following Change in CEO
- Reflections of an Economist Commissioner (SEC's Piwowar)
- Billionaire HF Manager and The Fed Chair Runner-Up are Investing in New Cryptocurrency
- Court Finds 2 Brokers Liable for Fraud Involving Mortgage-Backed Securities
- One FINRA: An Organization’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- 2018 GASB Accounting Support Fee to Fund the Governmental Accounting Standards Board
- Barclays Eyes Move Into Cryptocurrency Trading
- Goldman Breaks From Wall Street Pack with Bond-Trading Boom
- Janney Montgomery Scott CEO Joins FINRA Board of Governors
- SEC Encourages Investors to Do Background Checks on Investor.gov
- The Martin Act: Wall Street Titan Takes Aim at Law That Tripped Him Up
- Bank of America’s Cost-Cutting Drive Pushes Profit to Record
- Larry Fink: Wall Street’s $6 Trillion Man Finally Worth $1Bn
- Activist Investor Wants Barclays Investment Banking Overhaul (Video)
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
CFTC Appoints its First Chief Market Intelligence Officer
CFTC Acting Chair Christopher Giancarlo has named Andrew Busch the Commission’s first Chief Market Intelligence Officer. Mr. Giancarlo said, “The new Chief Market Intelligence Officer (CMIO) will help activate the CFTC’s latent capability for market intelligence, giving us better insight into the needs of participants in the futures and swaps we oversee.”
Andy Busch, who will reports directly to the Chairman, will engage with the CFTC’s new Market Intelligence Unit as well as market participants, industry analysts, economists, policy makers, and other regulators. He will help communicate to a broader American public emerging trends in the commodity futures markets that the CFTC oversees.
The Market Intelligence Unit is designed to understand, analyze and communicate current and emerging derivatives market dynamics, developments and trends – such as the impact of new technologies and trading methodologies.
ABOUT ANDY BUSCH. After spending 30 years in the financial services sector, Mr. Busch joins the CFTC from the boutique economic research company he founded, Bering Productions, where he was CEO. Before BPI, Busch:
- was Global Currency and Public Policy Strategist at Bank of Montreal (2009 to 2013).
- served as BMO’s Global Foreign Exchange Strategist and outside advisor to the White House, U.S. Treasury and Congress on the financial markets. (2005-2009).
- began in financial services with Northern Trust Company.
- graduated magna cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa from Ohio Wesleyan University (1983); obtained his MBA in from University of Chicago (1988).