BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Address at ICI's 2017 Securities Law Developments Conference - SEC Commissioner Stein
- New York Pension Fund Seeks More Pay Disclosure from Wells Fargo
- Wells Fargo Sanctions Are on Ice Under Trump Official
- Josh Brown: Here's How to Buy Bitcoin, But Realize It Could Be One Giant Bubble
- Trump's New Tax Plan Could Cost Citigroup $20 Billion
- Morgan Stanley Fires Former Congressman Harold Ford Jr.
- Al Franken Will Resign Over Sexual Misconduct Allegations - His Full Resignation Speech
- Ex-NFL Player Gets 40 Years for Running $10Mn Fraud
- Bitcoin Blows Past $15K, Adding $2K in Under 12 Hours
- Financial Adviser Settles Charges for Defrauding Private Equity Fund Investors
- New Cross Market Equity Supervision Report Cards - FINRA Phone-In Workshop, WebEx Presentation
- Mueller Just Crossed Trump's Red Line, With Deutsche Bank Subpoena
- Wildfire Rages Near Los Angeles
- Former Company Insider Has $4.1Mn Payday as a Whistleblower
- Audit Firm, Anton & Chia, Conducted Fraudulent Audits of Penny Stock Companies - SEC
- Mueller Subpoenas Deutsche Bank Records on Trump and Family
- Bitcoin Nearly Halfway to $400Bn Value Predicted by Winklevoss Twins 4 Years Ago
- Fidelity Clients Suffer Second Website Glitch in Week
- CBOE Beats CME to Bitcoin Futures Launch with December 10 Start
- McKinsey Senior Exec Thomas Barkin Named New Head of Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
CFTC Appoints its First Chief Market Intelligence Officer
CFTC Acting Chair Christopher Giancarlo has named Andrew Busch the Commission’s first Chief Market Intelligence Officer. Mr. Giancarlo said, “The new Chief Market Intelligence Officer (CMIO) will help activate the CFTC’s latent capability for market intelligence, giving us better insight into the needs of participants in the futures and swaps we oversee.”
Andy Busch, who will reports directly to the Chairman, will engage with the CFTC’s new Market Intelligence Unit as well as market participants, industry analysts, economists, policy makers, and other regulators. He will help communicate to a broader American public emerging trends in the commodity futures markets that the CFTC oversees.
The Market Intelligence Unit is designed to understand, analyze and communicate current and emerging derivatives market dynamics, developments and trends – such as the impact of new technologies and trading methodologies.
ABOUT ANDY BUSCH. After spending 30 years in the financial services sector, Mr. Busch joins the CFTC from the boutique economic research company he founded, Bering Productions, where he was CEO. Before BPI, Busch:
- was Global Currency and Public Policy Strategist at Bank of Montreal (2009 to 2013).
- served as BMO’s Global Foreign Exchange Strategist and outside advisor to the White House, U.S. Treasury and Congress on the financial markets. (2005-2009).
- began in financial services with Northern Trust Company.
- graduated magna cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa from Ohio Wesleyan University (1983); obtained his MBA in from University of Chicago (1988).