BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- New Cyberattack Goes Global, Hits WPP, Rosneft, Maersk
- Deutsche Bank Said to Lose as Much as $60Mn Over Derivative Trade
- Dimon Says JPMorgan Headcount to Keep Rising Despite Automation
- RBS to Cut 443 Jobs In UK, Move Many of Them to India
- Deutsche Bank Bullish on London Despite Brexit
- Supreme Court Nears Finish With Big Cases, Retirement Rumors
- The Richest Person in Every State
- LPL Tabs Scott Seese, Former eBay Exec, as Chief Information Officer
- Fired Biglaw Associate Arrested for Trying to Extort Partners
- Canada's CIBC Completes $5Bn PrivateBancorp Buy
- Word ‘Women’ Literally Never Appears in U.S. Senate’s 142-Page Health-Care Bill
- Stephen Pierce, Goldman Sachs Global Head of Equity Markets, To Retire
- Al Gore 'Not Very Smart,’ But Became Filthy Rich Using Simple Investing Formula - Charlie Munger
- U.S. Regulators, Lawmakers Support Volcker Rule Revamp at Hearing
- Morgan Stanley Opts for Frankfurt as New EU Hub
- A New Risk for Goldman, Morgan Stanley in Stress Tests (subsc reqd)
- A Trump Bump for Law Firm of President’s Lawyer - Kasowitz Benson Torres
- JPMorgan, BofA, Goldman, Citi, Wells Fargo Pass Fed's Stress Test
- Blackstone Stock Still Trading at $31 - Its IPO Price From 10 Years Ago
- NJ Resident and NY-Based Global FX Club Charged with Solicitation Fraud, Misappropriation - CFTC
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
CFTC Appoints its First Chief Market Intelligence Officer
CFTC Acting Chair Christopher Giancarlo has named Andrew Busch the Commission’s first Chief Market Intelligence Officer. Mr. Giancarlo said, “The new Chief Market Intelligence Officer (CMIO) will help activate the CFTC’s latent capability for market intelligence, giving us better insight into the needs of participants in the futures and swaps we oversee.”
Andy Busch, who will reports directly to the Chairman, will engage with the CFTC’s new Market Intelligence Unit as well as market participants, industry analysts, economists, policy makers, and other regulators. He will help communicate to a broader American public emerging trends in the commodity futures markets that the CFTC oversees.
The Market Intelligence Unit is designed to understand, analyze and communicate current and emerging derivatives market dynamics, developments and trends – such as the impact of new technologies and trading methodologies.
ABOUT ANDY BUSCH. After spending 30 years in the financial services sector, Mr. Busch joins the CFTC from the boutique economic research company he founded, Bering Productions, where he was CEO. Before BPI, Busch:
- was Global Currency and Public Policy Strategist at Bank of Montreal (2009 to 2013).
- served as BMO’s Global Foreign Exchange Strategist and outside advisor to the White House, U.S. Treasury and Congress on the financial markets. (2005-2009).
- began in financial services with Northern Trust Company.
- graduated magna cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa from Ohio Wesleyan University (1983); obtained his MBA in from University of Chicago (1988).