BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- SEC Adopts Statement and Interpretive Guidance on Public Company Cybersecurity Disclosures
- SEC Charges Former Bitcoin Exchange and Its Founder With Fraud
- JPMorgan Chase to Replace NYC Headquarters with 70-Story Skyscraper
- Citigroup Raises CEO Corbat's Pay 48% to $23Mn
- Should Congress Create a Crypto-Cop?
- JPMorgan Weighs Buying an Exchange-Traded Funds Firm
- Hey, Goldman Sachs: Wanna Buy BNY Mellon?
- SEC Order Rejecting Acquisition of Chicago Stock Exchange (CSX) by Chinese-Baesd Company
- Kyle Moffatt Named Chief Accountant in SEC CorpFinance
- SEC Suspends Trading in 3 Issuers Claiming Involvement in Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Technology
- Karen Garnett, Assoc. Director of SEC CorpFinance, to Leave After 23 Years of Service
- Louisiana Adviser Barred for Hiding Losses from Investors
- Connecticut HF Manager Illegally Diverted Investor Money - Now Owes Nearly $13Mn
- White House Cleaning House of Advisors Without Full Security Clearance
- Goldman Projects 30% Growth in Wealth Management Advisor Force
- Whistleblower Alleges Manipulation of CBOE Volatility Index
- FINRA Looking Into VIX (CBOE Volatility Index) Manipulation: WSJ
- Atlanta-Area Resident Charged with Misusing Investor Funds - SEC
- FINRA Announces 2018 West Region Networking Seminar
- Alberto Arevalo, Associate Director in Office of International Affairs, to Retire From SEC
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
CFTC Appoints its First Chief Market Intelligence Officer
CFTC Acting Chair Christopher Giancarlo has named Andrew Busch the Commission’s first Chief Market Intelligence Officer. Mr. Giancarlo said, “The new Chief Market Intelligence Officer (CMIO) will help activate the CFTC’s latent capability for market intelligence, giving us better insight into the needs of participants in the futures and swaps we oversee.”
Andy Busch, who will reports directly to the Chairman, will engage with the CFTC’s new Market Intelligence Unit as well as market participants, industry analysts, economists, policy makers, and other regulators. He will help communicate to a broader American public emerging trends in the commodity futures markets that the CFTC oversees.
The Market Intelligence Unit is designed to understand, analyze and communicate current and emerging derivatives market dynamics, developments and trends – such as the impact of new technologies and trading methodologies.
ABOUT ANDY BUSCH. After spending 30 years in the financial services sector, Mr. Busch joins the CFTC from the boutique economic research company he founded, Bering Productions, where he was CEO. Before BPI, Busch:
- was Global Currency and Public Policy Strategist at Bank of Montreal (2009 to 2013).
- served as BMO’s Global Foreign Exchange Strategist and outside advisor to the White House, U.S. Treasury and Congress on the financial markets. (2005-2009).
- began in financial services with Northern Trust Company.
- graduated magna cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa from Ohio Wesleyan University (1983); obtained his MBA in from University of Chicago (1988).