BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Address at ICI's 2017 Securities Law Developments Conference - SEC Commissioner Stein
- New York Pension Fund Seeks More Pay Disclosure from Wells Fargo
- Wells Fargo Sanctions Are on Ice Under Trump Official
- Josh Brown: Here's How to Buy Bitcoin, But Realize It Could Be One Giant Bubble
- Trump's New Tax Plan Could Cost Citigroup $20 Billion
- Morgan Stanley Fires Former Congressman Harold Ford Jr.
- Al Franken Will Resign Over Sexual Misconduct Allegations - His Full Resignation Speech
- Ex-NFL Player Gets 40 Years for Running $10Mn Fraud
- Bitcoin Blows Past $15K, Adding $2K in Under 12 Hours
- Financial Adviser Settles Charges for Defrauding Private Equity Fund Investors
- New Cross Market Equity Supervision Report Cards - FINRA Phone-In Workshop, WebEx Presentation
- Mueller Just Crossed Trump's Red Line, With Deutsche Bank Subpoena
- Wildfire Rages Near Los Angeles
- Former Company Insider Has $4.1Mn Payday as a Whistleblower
- Audit Firm, Anton & Chia, Conducted Fraudulent Audits of Penny Stock Companies - SEC
- Mueller Subpoenas Deutsche Bank Records on Trump and Family
- Bitcoin Nearly Halfway to $400Bn Value Predicted by Winklevoss Twins 4 Years Ago
- Fidelity Clients Suffer Second Website Glitch in Week
- CBOE Beats CME to Bitcoin Futures Launch with December 10 Start
- McKinsey Senior Exec Thomas Barkin Named New Head of Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
CFTC Gets Newly-Confirmed Commissioners
The U.S. Senate voted Thursday to unanimously confirm Christopher Giancarlo as Chairman for the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC). Mr. Giancarlo has served as Acting Chairman since January.
Before joining the CFTC, Giancarlo was EVP for GFI Group Inc., an interdealer broker offering brokerage services, trade execution, market data, trading platforms and software products. He was U.S. legal counsel for Fenics Software when GFI acquired that firm in 2005. Earlier in his career, Mr. Giancarlo was a corporate partner with Brown Raysman Millstein Felder & Steiner.
The Senate also unanimously confirmed Brian Quintenz and Rostin Behnam as Commissioners. Mr. Quintenz will join the CFTC from Saeculum Capital Management, where he is the Founder, Managing Principal, and Chief Investment Officer. Mr. Behnam, who has served as Senior Counsel to Senator Debbie Stabenow, the top Democrat on the Senate Agriculture Committee, has worked in federal government since 2011.
Mr. Giancarlo, who expressed his appreciation for the bipartisan support in the Senate, said he looks forward “to the swift confirmation of Dawn Stump and getting a full Commission soon.” Mr. Giancarlo added his gratitude to CFTC Commissioner Sharon Bowen, who recently announced her intention to step down in the near future.