BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Stephen Hicks Barred for Defrauding His CT Hedge Funds - SEC
- Barclays CEO Staley Sees Pay Decline - Frankly, He's Lucky to Still be Employed
- Barclays Female Investment Bankers Earn 21% Less in Bonuses than Male Counterparts
- FINRA Eliminates $400 Fee for Explained Arbitration Decision
- SEC Adopts Statement and Interpretive Guidance on Public Company Cybersecurity Disclosures
- SEC Charges Former Bitcoin Exchange and Its Founder With Fraud
- JPMorgan Chase to Replace NYC Headquarters with 70-Story Skyscraper
- Citigroup Raises CEO Corbat's Pay 48% to $23Mn
- Should Congress Create a Crypto-Cop?
- JPMorgan Weighs Buying an Exchange-Traded Funds Firm
- Hey, Goldman Sachs: Wanna Buy BNY Mellon?
- SEC Order Rejecting Acquisition of Chicago Stock Exchange (CSX) by Chinese-Baesd Company
- Kyle Moffatt Named Chief Accountant in SEC CorpFinance
- SEC Suspends Trading in 3 Issuers Claiming Involvement in Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Technology
- Karen Garnett, Assoc. Director of SEC CorpFinance, to Leave After 23 Years of Service
- Louisiana Adviser Barred for Hiding Losses from Investors
- Connecticut HF Manager Illegally Diverted Investor Money - Now Owes Nearly $13Mn
- White House Cleaning House of Advisors Without Full Security Clearance
- Goldman Projects 30% Growth in Wealth Management Advisor Force
- Whistleblower Alleges Manipulation of CBOE Volatility Index
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
CFTC Gets Newly-Confirmed Commissioners
The U.S. Senate voted Thursday to unanimously confirm Christopher Giancarlo as Chairman for the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC). Mr. Giancarlo has served as Acting Chairman since January.
Before joining the CFTC, Giancarlo was EVP for GFI Group Inc., an interdealer broker offering brokerage services, trade execution, market data, trading platforms and software products. He was U.S. legal counsel for Fenics Software when GFI acquired that firm in 2005. Earlier in his career, Mr. Giancarlo was a corporate partner with Brown Raysman Millstein Felder & Steiner.
The Senate also unanimously confirmed Brian Quintenz and Rostin Behnam as Commissioners. Mr. Quintenz will join the CFTC from Saeculum Capital Management, where he is the Founder, Managing Principal, and Chief Investment Officer. Mr. Behnam, who has served as Senior Counsel to Senator Debbie Stabenow, the top Democrat on the Senate Agriculture Committee, has worked in federal government since 2011.
Mr. Giancarlo, who expressed his appreciation for the bipartisan support in the Senate, said he looks forward “to the swift confirmation of Dawn Stump and getting a full Commission soon.” Mr. Giancarlo added his gratitude to CFTC Commissioner Sharon Bowen, who recently announced her intention to step down in the near future.