BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- White House Now Doesn’t Dispute Details of Trump's Call with Army Widow
- Goldman Sachs’ Lloyd Blankfein Just Threw Some Serious Brexit Shade
- Guggenheim Partners ‘Bank Wrecker’ Could Get $100Mn Exit Package
- Proposed Arbitration Rule Change: For Customers Dealing with an Inactive Firm or Associated Person
- This Family Bet It All on Bitcoin
- Clearinghouses Pass CFTC Liquidity Stress Tests
- President Trump Admits He’s Trying to Kill Obamacare. That’s Illegal.
- Trump Plunges Down List of ‘America’s Richest’
- Is Trump’s “Foreclosure King” in Over His Head?
- FBI Arrests NCAA Basketball Coaches and Adidas Rep in Bribery Probe Involving Recruitment
- Equifax CEO Steps Down Amid Hacking Scandal
- Litigation Costs to Rub Salt in RBS Investor Wounds
- RIAs Poised to Land Wirehouse Recruits - Dan Jamieson
- Citibank and U.K. Affiliate to Pay $550K Penalty for Swap Data Reporting Violations - CFTC
- AIG to Restructure into 3 New Units, Marking CEO's First Big Move
- Accounting Firm Deloitte Says It Suffered Cyberattack (subsc reqd)
- Upcoming FINRA Board Meeting and FINRA360 Update
- Elizabeth Warren Lifts Hold on Trump DOJ Antitrust Nominee
- Bigger Mergers Narrow Indy Reps' Options, Alter IBD Channel - Dan Jamieson
- Dentons to Merge with U.K.'s Murray & Spens
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
CFTC Gets Newly-Confirmed Commissioners
The U.S. Senate voted Thursday to unanimously confirm Christopher Giancarlo as Chairman for the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC). Mr. Giancarlo has served as Acting Chairman since January.
Before joining the CFTC, Giancarlo was EVP for GFI Group Inc., an interdealer broker offering brokerage services, trade execution, market data, trading platforms and software products. He was U.S. legal counsel for Fenics Software when GFI acquired that firm in 2005. Earlier in his career, Mr. Giancarlo was a corporate partner with Brown Raysman Millstein Felder & Steiner.
The Senate also unanimously confirmed Brian Quintenz and Rostin Behnam as Commissioners. Mr. Quintenz will join the CFTC from Saeculum Capital Management, where he is the Founder, Managing Principal, and Chief Investment Officer. Mr. Behnam, who has served as Senior Counsel to Senator Debbie Stabenow, the top Democrat on the Senate Agriculture Committee, has worked in federal government since 2011.
Mr. Giancarlo, who expressed his appreciation for the bipartisan support in the Senate, said he looks forward “to the swift confirmation of Dawn Stump and getting a full Commission soon.” Mr. Giancarlo added his gratitude to CFTC Commissioner Sharon Bowen, who recently announced her intention to step down in the near future.