BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Goldman's Lloyd Blankfein Seems to be Making a Habit Out of Trolling Trump
- Goldman on Hunt for Star Traders to Revive Struggling Commodities Unit
- Yahoo Owes Millions for Busting NCAA Tourney Bracket Deal
- JPMorgan Joins 21st Century Fox in Fighting 'Deep Divisions Across Our Country'
- Please, God, Save Gary Cohn From Himself: The Case for Resigning
- Regulatory Considerations When Bringing on a New Advisor
- Why Deutsche Bank is at Mercy of Regulators
- U.S. Treasury Auction Class-Action – Federal Judge Causes Interminable Delay
- Mnuchin Rejects Calls to Resign and Defends Trump
- Best Time to Go to the U.S. (Tennis) Open Tourney - Before It Starts on August 28
- Stifel Prevails in Arbitration But Ex-Hilltop Employees Hit with Awards - Bill Singer
- Banca IMI Securities to Pay $35Mn for Improper Handling of ADRs in Continuing SEC Crackdown
- Members of White House ‘Arts Panel’ Resign En Masse in Protest of Trump
- FINRA Whiffs on Disciplinary Sanction: Bill Singer's 'Negligent Market Manipulation in OTC Stock Promotion'
- Heather Heyer’s Mother Says, ‘I’m Not Talking to the President’
- Goldman Sachs May Have Lost $100Mn on Energy Bet Gone Wrong
- SEC Drops Case Against Ex-JPMorgan Traders Over 'London Whale'
- Financial Advisers That Invest in Technology Need to Accomplish These Two Things
- FINRA Amends Codes Regarding Expedited Arbitrator List Selection
- FINRA July 2017 Quarterly Disciplinary Review (Podcast)
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
CFTC Gets Newly-Confirmed Commissioners
The U.S. Senate voted Thursday to unanimously confirm Christopher Giancarlo as Chairman for the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC). Mr. Giancarlo has served as Acting Chairman since January.
Before joining the CFTC, Giancarlo was EVP for GFI Group Inc., an interdealer broker offering brokerage services, trade execution, market data, trading platforms and software products. He was U.S. legal counsel for Fenics Software when GFI acquired that firm in 2005. Earlier in his career, Mr. Giancarlo was a corporate partner with Brown Raysman Millstein Felder & Steiner.
The Senate also unanimously confirmed Brian Quintenz and Rostin Behnam as Commissioners. Mr. Quintenz will join the CFTC from Saeculum Capital Management, where he is the Founder, Managing Principal, and Chief Investment Officer. Mr. Behnam, who has served as Senior Counsel to Senator Debbie Stabenow, the top Democrat on the Senate Agriculture Committee, has worked in federal government since 2011.
Mr. Giancarlo, who expressed his appreciation for the bipartisan support in the Senate, said he looks forward “to the swift confirmation of Dawn Stump and getting a full Commission soon.” Mr. Giancarlo added his gratitude to CFTC Commissioner Sharon Bowen, who recently announced her intention to step down in the near future.