BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- CFTC Chair Giancarlo Appoints Bruce Tuckman as Chief Economist
- Twice-Convicted Ex-Jefferies Trader Litvak Faces Prison After Losing Bail Request
- Wells Fargo Hikes Full-Year S&P 500 Target
- SEC Institutes Administrative Proceedings Against Shkreli
- Goldman's Lloyd Blankfein Seems to be Making a Habit Out of Trolling Trump
- Goldman on Hunt for Star Traders to Revive Struggling Commodities Unit
- Yahoo Owes Millions for Busting NCAA Tourney Bracket Deal
- JPMorgan Joins 21st Century Fox in Fighting 'Deep Divisions Across Our Country'
- Please, God, Save Gary Cohn From Himself: The Case for Resigning
- Regulatory Considerations When Bringing on a New Advisor
- Why Deutsche Bank is at Mercy of Regulators
- U.S. Treasury Auction Class-Action – Federal Judge Causes Interminable Delay
- Mnuchin Rejects Calls to Resign and Defends Trump
- Best Time to Go to the U.S. (Tennis) Open Tourney - Before It Starts on August 28
- Stifel Prevails in Arbitration But Ex-Hilltop Employees Hit with Awards - Bill Singer
- Banca IMI Securities to Pay $35Mn for Improper Handling of ADRs in Continuing SEC Crackdown
- Members of White House ‘Arts Panel’ Resign En Masse in Protest of Trump
- FINRA Whiffs on Disciplinary Sanction: Bill Singer's 'Negligent Market Manipulation in OTC Stock Promotion'
- Heather Heyer’s Mother Says, ‘I’m Not Talking to the President’
- Goldman Sachs May Have Lost $100Mn on Energy Bet Gone Wrong
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Christopher Giancarlo Named to Permanently Chair the CFTC
Donald has nominated Christopher Giancarlo as the permanent Chair of the CFTC. Mr. Giancarlo has been serving as acting Chair since January 20 - Donald Trump’s inauguration day – and was widely expected to get the permanent nod.
It’s high time that Trump made a move to staff the CFTC 5-member panel, because Sharon Bowen, a Democrat Commissioner, is the only other member at the CFTC. As recently as Monday, Mr. Giancarlo said that little progress can be made at the Agency without a full 5-member panel.
Nevertheless, Mr. Giancarlo must proceed as best he can. On Wednesday, he is expected to give a major policy speech at the annual Futures Industry Association (FIA) conference, where he will lay out his regulatory vision for the agency. Mr. Giancarlo has been critical of the way the agency has implemented many of the new rules required by Dodd-Frank. As chairman, he will likely try and scale back on rules that he believes are overly burdensome.
Giancarlo has been with the CFTC since 2014, when he joined as a Republican Commissioner. Until that point, he had been as EVP for GFI Group, an interdealer broker.