BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Billionaire Investor John Paulson's Hedge Fund Is 'Rightsizing', And a Bunch of Senior Staff are Leaving
- 10 Years Ago a Wall Street Firm With $400Bn in Assets Collapsed. Why Bear Stearns Could Happen Again
- FINRA Disciplinary Actions for March 2018
- Ex-Deutsche Bank Trader Pleads Guilty Over Euribor Rigging
- SEC Proposes Transaction Fee Pilot for NMS Stocks
- FINRA Board of Governors Meeting - March 2018
- Winklevoss Twins Have a Plan to Police Cryptocurrency Trading
- Trump Picks Larry Kudlow as New Top Economic Adviser, Source Says
- A Decade On, Was Bear a Bad Deal for JPMorgan?
- Theranos, Its CEO and Former President Charged With Massive Fraud
- Wall Street's ‘Diva of Distressed’ Throws Her Funds Into Bankruptcy
- How a Former NBA #1 Draft Pick Went From $61Mn Fortune to Owing $157K
- Foreign Affiliates of KPMG, Deloitte, BDO Charged in Improper Audits
- Trump Fires Secretary of State Tillerson - Picks CIA Director Pompeo
- Credit Karma, Pre-IPO FinTech Company, Violated Rule 701 Disclosure Requirements - SEC
- Goldman Sachs' Schwartz Retires, Paves Way for Solomon as Next CEO
- Damning Emails: Trump's Lawyer Used Trump Organization Email in Hush-Money Negotiations with Porn Star Stormy Daniels
- 'Pharma Bro' Martin Shkreli Sentenced to 7 Years In Prison - Says 'This is My Fault'
- FINRA Investor Alert: Lost Property - Don't Be Escheated Out of Your Savings or Investments
- Analyst Dick Bove Calls Possible Blankfein Exit from Goldman 'Wonderful' News
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Christopher Giancarlo Named to Permanently Chair the CFTC
Donald has nominated Christopher Giancarlo as the permanent Chair of the CFTC. Mr. Giancarlo has been serving as acting Chair since January 20 - Donald Trump’s inauguration day – and was widely expected to get the permanent nod.
It’s high time that Trump made a move to staff the CFTC 5-member panel, because Sharon Bowen, a Democrat Commissioner, is the only other member at the CFTC. As recently as Monday, Mr. Giancarlo said that little progress can be made at the Agency without a full 5-member panel.
Nevertheless, Mr. Giancarlo must proceed as best he can. On Wednesday, he is expected to give a major policy speech at the annual Futures Industry Association (FIA) conference, where he will lay out his regulatory vision for the agency. Mr. Giancarlo has been critical of the way the agency has implemented many of the new rules required by Dodd-Frank. As chairman, he will likely try and scale back on rules that he believes are overly burdensome.
Giancarlo has been with the CFTC since 2014, when he joined as a Republican Commissioner. Until that point, he had been as EVP for GFI Group, an interdealer broker.