BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- New Law Bans Kaspersky Software from Use in U.S. Government
- I Owned Bitcoin For a Weekend and Here's What I Learned
- SEC Appoints New Chair and Board Members to PCAOB
- FINRA, Georgetown Team Up to Deliver 'Certified Regulatory and Compliance Professional' Program
- FINRA Board Meeting - This Week's Agenda
- Statement on Cryptocurrencies and Initial Coin Offerings - SEC Chair Clayton
- Company Halts Initial Coin Offering Over SEC Registration Concerns
- Kevin O'Leary Explains One Big Thing People Don't Understand About Bitcoin (But Need To)
- CME Bitcoin Futures: A Better Way to Buy (or Short) Bitcoin?
- Address at ICI's 2017 Securities Law Developments Conference - SEC Commissioner Stein
- New York Pension Fund Seeks More Pay Disclosure from Wells Fargo
- Wells Fargo Sanctions Are on Ice Under Trump Official
- Josh Brown: Here's How to Buy Bitcoin, But Realize It Could Be One Giant Bubble
- Trump's New Tax Plan Could Cost Citigroup $20 Billion
- Morgan Stanley Fires Former Congressman Harold Ford Jr.
- Al Franken Will Resign Over Sexual Misconduct Allegations - His Full Resignation Speech
- Ex-NFL Player Gets 40 Years for Running $10Mn Fraud
- Bitcoin Blows Past $15K, Adding $2K in Under 12 Hours
- Financial Adviser Settles Charges for Defrauding Private Equity Fund Investors
- New Cross Market Equity Supervision Report Cards - FINRA Phone-In Workshop, WebEx Presentation
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Christopher Giancarlo Named to Permanently Chair the CFTC
Donald has nominated Christopher Giancarlo as the permanent Chair of the CFTC. Mr. Giancarlo has been serving as acting Chair since January 20 - Donald Trump’s inauguration day – and was widely expected to get the permanent nod.
It’s high time that Trump made a move to staff the CFTC 5-member panel, because Sharon Bowen, a Democrat Commissioner, is the only other member at the CFTC. As recently as Monday, Mr. Giancarlo said that little progress can be made at the Agency without a full 5-member panel.
Nevertheless, Mr. Giancarlo must proceed as best he can. On Wednesday, he is expected to give a major policy speech at the annual Futures Industry Association (FIA) conference, where he will lay out his regulatory vision for the agency. Mr. Giancarlo has been critical of the way the agency has implemented many of the new rules required by Dodd-Frank. As chairman, he will likely try and scale back on rules that he believes are overly burdensome.
Giancarlo has been with the CFTC since 2014, when he joined as a Republican Commissioner. Until that point, he had been as EVP for GFI Group, an interdealer broker.