BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Canada's CIBC Completes $5Bn PrivateBancorp Buy
- Word ‘Women’ Literally Never Appears in U.S. Senate’s 142-Page Health-Care Bill
- Stephen Pierce, Goldman Sachs Global Head of Equity Markets, To Retire
- Al Gore 'Not Very Smart,’ But Became Filthy Rich Using Simple Investing Formula - Charlie Munger
- U.S. Regulators, Lawmakers Support Volcker Rule Revamp at Hearing
- Morgan Stanley Opts for Frankfurt as New EU Hub
- A New Risk for Goldman, Morgan Stanley in Stress Tests (subsc reqd)
- A Trump Bump for Law Firm of President’s Lawyer - Kasowitz Benson Torres
- JPMorgan, BofA, Goldman, Citi, Wells Fargo Pass Fed's Stress Test
- Blackstone Stock Still Trading at $31 - Its IPO Price From 10 Years Ago
- NJ Resident and NY-Based Global FX Club Charged with Solicitation Fraud, Misappropriation - CFTC
- Senate Republicans Release Plan to Replace Obamacare - The Details
- Berkshire Hathaway Throws $1.5Bn Lifeline to Canada's Home Capital
- Inside Nomura: Day in the Life of a Junior Banker
- Inside Travis Kalanick’s Resignation as Uber’s C.E.O.
- Creative Planning, KS Investment Firm, Spurring Change on Wall Street
- SEC Obtains Judgment Against Attorney Who Defrauded Escrow Clients
- SEC Files Fraud Charges Against Stock Promoters in Market Manipulation Scheme
- Power Lunches and Dinners in New York, London, Washington
- Banks to Cut $1.2Bn in Research Spending, Analyst Jobs - McKinsey
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Christopher Giancarlo Named to Permanently Chair the CFTC
Donald has nominated Christopher Giancarlo as the permanent Chair of the CFTC. Mr. Giancarlo has been serving as acting Chair since January 20 - Donald Trump’s inauguration day – and was widely expected to get the permanent nod.
It’s high time that Trump made a move to staff the CFTC 5-member panel, because Sharon Bowen, a Democrat Commissioner, is the only other member at the CFTC. As recently as Monday, Mr. Giancarlo said that little progress can be made at the Agency without a full 5-member panel.
Nevertheless, Mr. Giancarlo must proceed as best he can. On Wednesday, he is expected to give a major policy speech at the annual Futures Industry Association (FIA) conference, where he will lay out his regulatory vision for the agency. Mr. Giancarlo has been critical of the way the agency has implemented many of the new rules required by Dodd-Frank. As chairman, he will likely try and scale back on rules that he believes are overly burdensome.
Giancarlo has been with the CFTC since 2014, when he joined as a Republican Commissioner. Until that point, he had been as EVP for GFI Group, an interdealer broker.