BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Address at ICI's 2017 Securities Law Developments Conference - SEC Commissioner Stein
- New York Pension Fund Seeks More Pay Disclosure from Wells Fargo
- Wells Fargo Sanctions Are on Ice Under Trump Official
- Josh Brown: Here's How to Buy Bitcoin, But Realize It Could Be One Giant Bubble
- Trump's New Tax Plan Could Cost Citigroup $20 Billion
- Morgan Stanley Fires Former Congressman Harold Ford Jr.
- Al Franken Will Resign Over Sexual Misconduct Allegations - His Full Resignation Speech
- Ex-NFL Player Gets 40 Years for Running $10Mn Fraud
- Bitcoin Blows Past $15K, Adding $2K in Under 12 Hours
- Financial Adviser Settles Charges for Defrauding Private Equity Fund Investors
- New Cross Market Equity Supervision Report Cards - FINRA Phone-In Workshop, WebEx Presentation
- Mueller Just Crossed Trump's Red Line, With Deutsche Bank Subpoena
- Wildfire Rages Near Los Angeles
- Former Company Insider Has $4.1Mn Payday as a Whistleblower
- Audit Firm, Anton & Chia, Conducted Fraudulent Audits of Penny Stock Companies - SEC
- Mueller Subpoenas Deutsche Bank Records on Trump and Family
- Bitcoin Nearly Halfway to $400Bn Value Predicted by Winklevoss Twins 4 Years Ago
- Fidelity Clients Suffer Second Website Glitch in Week
- CBOE Beats CME to Bitcoin Futures Launch with December 10 Start
- McKinsey Senior Exec Thomas Barkin Named New Head of Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Donald Trump & Co.
Conflicted: Carl Icahn Has Trump’s Ear on Selected Rules
Scenario: You own an oil refinery and aren’t pleased with a federal rule that requires refiners to mix certain levels of renewable fuels into gasoline and diesel. It’s eating into your profits. As an adviser to the President, you submit a rule proposal that would shift the added cost and burden to others.
That’s the case Public Citizen, a government watchdog, is making to Congress in its request to have Carl Icahn investigated for violation of the lobbying disclosure laws.
Icahn, who’s an unpaid adviser to Trump on regulation, doesn’t understand the fuss. Yes, he admits the change would help his 82%-owned company. But the real focus of the benefit is on the entire refining industry.
For the record, Icahn has disclosed his role as a Trump adviser to the SEC, but has not registered as a lobbyist. Accordingly, several Democratic lawmakers have said they want more information about his role in the Trump administration.