BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Billionaire Investor John Paulson's Hedge Fund Is 'Rightsizing', And a Bunch of Senior Staff are Leaving
- 10 Years Ago a Wall Street Firm With $400Bn in Assets Collapsed. Why Bear Stearns Could Happen Again
- FINRA Disciplinary Actions for March 2018
- Ex-Deutsche Bank Trader Pleads Guilty Over Euribor Rigging
- SEC Proposes Transaction Fee Pilot for NMS Stocks
- FINRA Board of Governors Meeting - March 2018
- Winklevoss Twins Have a Plan to Police Cryptocurrency Trading
- Trump Picks Larry Kudlow as New Top Economic Adviser, Source Says
- A Decade On, Was Bear a Bad Deal for JPMorgan?
- Theranos, Its CEO and Former President Charged With Massive Fraud
- Wall Street's ‘Diva of Distressed’ Throws Her Funds Into Bankruptcy
- How a Former NBA #1 Draft Pick Went From $61Mn Fortune to Owing $157K
- Foreign Affiliates of KPMG, Deloitte, BDO Charged in Improper Audits
- Trump Fires Secretary of State Tillerson - Picks CIA Director Pompeo
- Credit Karma, Pre-IPO FinTech Company, Violated Rule 701 Disclosure Requirements - SEC
- Goldman Sachs' Schwartz Retires, Paves Way for Solomon as Next CEO
- Damning Emails: Trump's Lawyer Used Trump Organization Email in Hush-Money Negotiations with Porn Star Stormy Daniels
- 'Pharma Bro' Martin Shkreli Sentenced to 7 Years In Prison - Says 'This is My Fault'
- FINRA Investor Alert: Lost Property - Don't Be Escheated Out of Your Savings or Investments
- Analyst Dick Bove Calls Possible Blankfein Exit from Goldman 'Wonderful' News
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Erica Richardson Named CFTC Director for Public Affairs
CFTC Acting Chairman Christopher Giancarlo announced that Erica Elliott Richardson has been appointed to serve as Director of the Office of Public Affairs (OPA), effective immediately. Ms. Richardson served as the Communications Director to Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy on Capitol Hill during his tenure as Whip.
Ms. Richardson joins the CFTC from Jochum, Shore & Trossevin, a law and lobbying firm, where she specialized in global public policy, communications and strategic advisory services. Her financial services background includes service as a senior staffer to Rep. Scott Garrett during the financial crisis and subsequent Dodd-Frank financial services reform legislative process.
A graduate of Auburn, Ms. Richardson lives in Washington and London with her husband, Matthew, and is currently pursuing a Doctor of Law and Policy at Northeastern in Boston.
Steven Adamske, who has served as OPA Director since 2011, will continue to serve the CFTC as a policy advisor to Commissioner Sharon Bowen.