BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Deutsche Bank ‘Beyond Repair’ as Trading Drops - Autonomous Research
- Guggenheim Partners CEO Might Step Down
- Wachovia Customer Sues Wells Fargo Over FundSource Losses - Bill Singer
- Credit Downgrade for Wells Fargo Due to Fake Account Scandal
- CFTC Commissioner Quintenz Named Sponsor of the Technology Advisory Committee
- Harbour and Geneos Customers Win FINRA Arbitration Against Stockbroker - Bill Singer
- Equifax Suffered a Hack Almost Five Months Earlier Than the Date It Disclosed
- The World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Hits $1 Trillion
- At Jefferies, Like Wall Street, Trading Cedes to Banking
- Ex-SAC Trader Who Pleaded Guilty to Insider Trading Just Remembered He’s Innocent
- JPMorgan Turns to Amazon for Retail 'Customer Experience'
- Goldman Sachs Names Ken Hitchner as New Chairman for Asia Pacific
- Judge All but Tosses SEC Case Against ‘Rogue’ Trader And Ex-FBI Informant Guy Gentile
- 'Boys are #1 Among NFL's Most Valuable Teams
- Fake Tax Returns - Your Next Worry After the Equifax Breach
- FINRA DR Recruiting Arbitrators, Mediators at Congressional Black Caucus Conference
- JPMORGAN: Here's who we think will replace Warren Buffett at Berkshire Hathaway
- Mueller to Search Facebook for Russia-Linked Accounts
- Mark Gomes, Market Analyst and Trade Scalper Settles with SEC
- Equifax Waives Credit Lock Fees For Consumers, Amid Criticism
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Donald Trump & Co.
Former FBI Chief Mueller Named Special Counsel on Russia Probe
Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein named former FBI Director Robert Mueller as the special counsel to oversee the FBI’s investigation of Russia’s efforts to influence the 2016 election.
The key here is that Mueller will not serve as a "special prosecutor" because, as Rosenstein says, “My decision is not a finding that crimes have been committed or that any prosecution is warranted.”
The selection of Mueller, a former federal prosecutor who oversaw the FBI during the 9/11 attacks, was widely hailed by the political community as a great selection - Republicans and Democrats alike.
“Mueller is a great selection. Impeccable credentials. Should be widely accepted.” - - Rep. Jason Chaffetz, chairman of the House Oversight Committee.
“Excellent.” - - Sen. Dianne Feinstein, ranking Democrat on the Judiciary Committee
ROBERT MUELLER. Mueller, 72, served as FBI director under Presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama and was the longest serving head of the bureau since J. Edgar Hoover. In the aftermath of the Sept. 11 attacks, as the U.S. was ramping up security, he joined then-Deputy Attorney General Comey in threatening to resign if the White House overruled a Justice Department opinion that domestic wiretapping without a warrant was unconstitutional.
Before joining the FBI, Mueller served as U.S. Attorney in San Francisco and held other positions in the Justice Department. Obama asked Mueller to stay in office 2 years beyond the normal 10-year term.