BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- State Street Challenging BNY Mellon As Largest Custody Bank
- Changes to FINRA Advisory Committees: Phase 1
- SEC Approves CAT Fee Dispute Resolution Process
- Boston-Area Consultant & Friend Settle SEC Insider Trading Charges
- SEC Chair Clayton: Statement on Status of the Consolidated Audit Trail ('CAT')
- Goldman to Launch $5bn Fund with China Investment Corp.
- Wells Fargo Launches Robo-Adviser Targeting Millenial Investors
- Barclays Fails to End U.S. 'Dark Pool' Class Action
- Goldman Sachs' Chief Risk Officer, Craig Broderick, to Retire
- Time to Renew FINRA Registrations - B/D, IA, Agent, IA Rep, Branches
- New Jersey’s Next Governor Could Be a Democrat Who Worked at Goldman Sachs
- FINRA New York Region Networking Seminar - December 1st
- SEC Approves “Pay-to-Play” and Related Rules for Capital Acquisition Brokers
- Hedge Fund Giant Paul Singer Targeted for Destruction by Steve Bannon
- Saudi Arabia's arrest of Prince Alwaleed 'would be like arresting Warren Buffett or Bill Gates' in the US
- Arrest of Billionaire Saudi Prince Touches Sizable Stakes - Citigroup, Twitter, Lyft
- New York Fed President William Dudley set to announce retirement
- FINRA Arbitration Panel Rules Against ex-LPL Broker in $30Mn Lawsuit vs. Firm
- OOPS! Goldman, JPMorgan, BofA Fail in Pricing an IPO
- Former Merrill Broker Pleads Guilty to Fee Fraud, Faces Up To 25 Years
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Donald Trump & Co.
Trump Fires Warning Shot Across the Bow of Republican's Listing Ship
[Photo: Trump Meets with Congressional Leaders / Screenshot from CNN Video]
by Howard Haykin
Like him or loathe him, Donald Trump should be commended for the deal. It was simple yet timely and deceptively effective. And the deal cost Donald Trump little in the way of political capital. After all, one way or another Congress was going to reach a consensus on those three provisions. They just did so on terms that Trump could live with.
In my opinion, here’s what Donald Trump accomplished:
- Trump established an air of independence from Republicans and Democrats on Capitol Hill.
- Trump recorded a victory.
- Trump successfully employed his self-proclaimed negotiating skills.
- Trump put Republican congressional leaders on notice that they had better work toward effecting his goals, or else.
- Trump gave the Democratic leaders a day to shine.
- Trump cleared space in the congressional calendar for more important matters – like tax reform.
That said, political pundits are now trying to discern if Trump’s collaboration “foreshadows a more sustained shift in strategy” by this president. In my opinion, the answer is NO! So, let's move on from here.