BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- North Korean caught secretly mining bitcoin rival
- IPO Timelines Cut by 80% After SEC's Private Filing Decision
- How the Carried Interest Break Survived the Tax Bill
- FINRA: The Neutral Corner
- Coinbasex Says Buying and Selling Temporarily Disabled Amid Price Rout
- Bitcoin plunges by more than a third in a single day
- Goldman Is Setting Up a Cryptocurrency Trading Desk
- Jefferies Lets Employees Choose When to Receive Their Bonuses
- UBS Told to Pay $903K After Losing Retaliation Verdict
- BEWARE: Long Island Iced Tea Shares Soar After Changing Name to Long Blockchain
- Gary Cohn’s Last Laugh: Cashing Out on Trump’s Tax Plan
- E*Trade Lets Customers Trade in CBOE Bitcoin Futures
- Swiss Find Serious Shortcomings at JPMorgan in 1MDB Case
- Washington-based Investment Adviser and His Business Partner Charged in Multi-Million Dollar Scheme
- FINRA Board of Governors Meeting
- Cryptocurrency Market Now Doing Same Daily Volume as the NYSE
- Jailed Barclays Trader Must Pay $400,000 From Libor Profits
- Trump Asks ‘How’s Your 401(k)?’ But Most Voters Don’t Have One
- A Bitcoin Hedge Fund’s Return: 25,004% (That Wasn’t a Typo)
- Madoff Victims Near Full Recovery of Principal With Payout
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Donald Trump & Co.
Trump Fires Warning Shot Across the Bow of Republican's Listing Ship
[Photo: Trump Meets with Congressional Leaders / Screenshot from CNN Video]
by Howard Haykin
Like him or loathe him, Donald Trump should be commended for the deal. It was simple yet timely and deceptively effective. And the deal cost Donald Trump little in the way of political capital. After all, one way or another Congress was going to reach a consensus on those three provisions. They just did so on terms that Trump could live with.
In my opinion, here’s what Donald Trump accomplished:
- Trump established an air of independence from Republicans and Democrats on Capitol Hill.
- Trump recorded a victory.
- Trump successfully employed his self-proclaimed negotiating skills.
- Trump put Republican congressional leaders on notice that they had better work toward effecting his goals, or else.
- Trump gave the Democratic leaders a day to shine.
- Trump cleared space in the congressional calendar for more important matters – like tax reform.
That said, political pundits are now trying to discern if Trump’s collaboration “foreshadows a more sustained shift in strategy” by this president. In my opinion, the answer is NO! So, let's move on from here.