BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Stephen Hicks Barred for Defrauding His CT Hedge Funds - SEC
- Barclays CEO Staley Sees Pay Decline - Frankly, He's Lucky to Still be Employed
- Barclays Female Investment Bankers Earn 21% Less in Bonuses than Male Counterparts
- FINRA Eliminates $400 Fee for Explained Arbitration Decision
- SEC Adopts Statement and Interpretive Guidance on Public Company Cybersecurity Disclosures
- SEC Charges Former Bitcoin Exchange and Its Founder With Fraud
- JPMorgan Chase to Replace NYC Headquarters with 70-Story Skyscraper
- Citigroup Raises CEO Corbat's Pay 48% to $23Mn
- Should Congress Create a Crypto-Cop?
- JPMorgan Weighs Buying an Exchange-Traded Funds Firm
- Hey, Goldman Sachs: Wanna Buy BNY Mellon?
- SEC Order Rejecting Acquisition of Chicago Stock Exchange (CSX) by Chinese-Baesd Company
- Kyle Moffatt Named Chief Accountant in SEC CorpFinance
- SEC Suspends Trading in 3 Issuers Claiming Involvement in Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Technology
- Karen Garnett, Assoc. Director of SEC CorpFinance, to Leave After 23 Years of Service
- Louisiana Adviser Barred for Hiding Losses from Investors
- Connecticut HF Manager Illegally Diverted Investor Money - Now Owes Nearly $13Mn
- White House Cleaning House of Advisors Without Full Security Clearance
- Goldman Projects 30% Growth in Wealth Management Advisor Force
- Whistleblower Alleges Manipulation of CBOE Volatility Index
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Rules & Regulations
Help CFTC Simplify Its Rules
The CFTC seeks public input on simplifying and modernizing its rules - part of Project KISS, an internal review that began in March. CFTC Acting Chair Christopher Giancarlo named Chief of Staff Michael Gill as CFTC’s Regulatory Reform Officer, and he has been leading Project KISS and the work of the taskforce within the agency.
Mr. Giancarlo cautions that this exercise is not about identifying existing rules for repeal or even rewrite. It's about taking CFTC’s existing rules as they are and applying them in ways that are simpler, less burdensome and less of a drag on the American economy.
Members of the public can submit their ideas and suggestions by emailing email@example.com or visiting cftc.gov/projectkiss.
FYI - Donald Trump's 2/24/17 executive order directing federal agencies to designate a Regulatory Reform Officer and establish a Regulatory Reform Task Force does not directly cover the CFTC, Mr. Giancarlo said the agency will nonetheless review all its rules with the ultimate goal of reducing regulatory burdens and costs for participants in the markets the agency oversees.