BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Barclays and Deutsche Bank to Lag U.S. Trading Peers
- NY AG Schneiderman Seeks to Close Loophole That Could Let Trump Pardons Block State Charges
- 'Fearless Girl' is Moving to NYSE After Year Staring Down 'Charging Bull'
- What's In Your Wallet - American Express Shares Soar After Earnings Release
- Deutsche Bank's Executive Departures Continue Following Change in CEO
- Reflections of an Economist Commissioner (SEC's Piwowar)
- Billionaire HF Manager and The Fed Chair Runner-Up are Investing in New Cryptocurrency
- Court Finds 2 Brokers Liable for Fraud Involving Mortgage-Backed Securities
- One FINRA: An Organization’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- 2018 GASB Accounting Support Fee to Fund the Governmental Accounting Standards Board
- Barclays Eyes Move Into Cryptocurrency Trading
- Goldman Breaks From Wall Street Pack with Bond-Trading Boom
- Janney Montgomery Scott CEO Joins FINRA Board of Governors
- SEC Encourages Investors to Do Background Checks on Investor.gov
- The Martin Act: Wall Street Titan Takes Aim at Law That Tripped Him Up
- Bank of America’s Cost-Cutting Drive Pushes Profit to Record
- Larry Fink: Wall Street’s $6 Trillion Man Finally Worth $1Bn
- Activist Investor Wants Barclays Investment Banking Overhaul (Video)
- House Passes Bill to Streamline 'Volcker Rule'
- CEO Charged with Penny Stock Fraud - SEC
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Rules & Regulations
Help CFTC Simplify Its Rules
The CFTC seeks public input on simplifying and modernizing its rules - part of Project KISS, an internal review that began in March. CFTC Acting Chair Christopher Giancarlo named Chief of Staff Michael Gill as CFTC’s Regulatory Reform Officer, and he has been leading Project KISS and the work of the taskforce within the agency.
Mr. Giancarlo cautions that this exercise is not about identifying existing rules for repeal or even rewrite. It's about taking CFTC’s existing rules as they are and applying them in ways that are simpler, less burdensome and less of a drag on the American economy.
Members of the public can submit their ideas and suggestions by emailing email@example.com or visiting cftc.gov/projectkiss.
FYI - Donald Trump's 2/24/17 executive order directing federal agencies to designate a Regulatory Reform Officer and establish a Regulatory Reform Task Force does not directly cover the CFTC, Mr. Giancarlo said the agency will nonetheless review all its rules with the ultimate goal of reducing regulatory burdens and costs for participants in the markets the agency oversees.