BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Address at ICI's 2017 Securities Law Developments Conference - SEC Commissioner Stein
- New York Pension Fund Seeks More Pay Disclosure from Wells Fargo
- Wells Fargo Sanctions Are on Ice Under Trump Official
- Josh Brown: Here's How to Buy Bitcoin, But Realize It Could Be One Giant Bubble
- Trump's New Tax Plan Could Cost Citigroup $20 Billion
- Morgan Stanley Fires Former Congressman Harold Ford Jr.
- Al Franken Will Resign Over Sexual Misconduct Allegations - His Full Resignation Speech
- Ex-NFL Player Gets 40 Years for Running $10Mn Fraud
- Bitcoin Blows Past $15K, Adding $2K in Under 12 Hours
- Financial Adviser Settles Charges for Defrauding Private Equity Fund Investors
- New Cross Market Equity Supervision Report Cards - FINRA Phone-In Workshop, WebEx Presentation
- Mueller Just Crossed Trump's Red Line, With Deutsche Bank Subpoena
- Wildfire Rages Near Los Angeles
- Former Company Insider Has $4.1Mn Payday as a Whistleblower
- Audit Firm, Anton & Chia, Conducted Fraudulent Audits of Penny Stock Companies - SEC
- Mueller Subpoenas Deutsche Bank Records on Trump and Family
- Bitcoin Nearly Halfway to $400Bn Value Predicted by Winklevoss Twins 4 Years Ago
- Fidelity Clients Suffer Second Website Glitch in Week
- CBOE Beats CME to Bitcoin Futures Launch with December 10 Start
- McKinsey Senior Exec Thomas Barkin Named New Head of Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Rules & Regulations
Help CFTC Simplify Its Rules
The CFTC seeks public input on simplifying and modernizing its rules - part of Project KISS, an internal review that began in March. CFTC Acting Chair Christopher Giancarlo named Chief of Staff Michael Gill as CFTC’s Regulatory Reform Officer, and he has been leading Project KISS and the work of the taskforce within the agency.
Mr. Giancarlo cautions that this exercise is not about identifying existing rules for repeal or even rewrite. It's about taking CFTC’s existing rules as they are and applying them in ways that are simpler, less burdensome and less of a drag on the American economy.
Members of the public can submit their ideas and suggestions by emailing email@example.com or visiting cftc.gov/projectkiss.
FYI - Donald Trump's 2/24/17 executive order directing federal agencies to designate a Regulatory Reform Officer and establish a Regulatory Reform Task Force does not directly cover the CFTC, Mr. Giancarlo said the agency will nonetheless review all its rules with the ultimate goal of reducing regulatory burdens and costs for participants in the markets the agency oversees.