BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Bill Cosby Found Guilty of Sexual Assault
- Credit Suisse Fully Compliant on Sanctions: CEO
- Ex-UBS Metals Trader Beats Spoofing Conspiracy Charge
- Investment Advisor, WCAS Management Corp, To Pay Nearly $800K Over Conflicts of Interest
- Altaba, fka Yahoo!, to Pay $35Mn for Failing to Disclose Massive Cybersecurity Breach - SEC
- SEC Formerly Bars Martin Shkreli from Industry
- HF Billionaire Steve Cohen Buying Into Fintech Start-Ups
- Deutsche Bank Is Weighing Massive Cuts in Its U.S. Cash Equities Unit
- Richard Jenrette, Co-Founder of DLJ Investment Bank, Dies at 89
- Goldman Sachs Makes First Hire in Cryptocurrency Markets Unit
- Special FINRA Election to Fill Large Firm Governor Vacancy
- Chicago-Based Investment Adviser Sentenced to 151 Months in Prison - SEC
- Dun & Bradstreet Hit With FCPA Violations - SEC
- SEC Charges Additional Defendant in Fraudulent ICO Scheme
- Warren Buffett Simply Blew it on Wells Fargo Stock: Dick Bove (Video)
- Barclays and Deutsche Bank to Lag U.S. Trading Peers
- NY AG Schneiderman Seeks to Close Loophole That Could Let Trump Pardons Block State Charges
- 'Fearless Girl' is Moving to NYSE After Year Staring Down 'Charging Bull'
- What's In Your Wallet - American Express Shares Soar After Earnings Release
- Deutsche Bank's Executive Departures Continue Following Change in CEO
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Highest Paid CEO's in World of Banking
The Financial Times recently compiled a list of the total compensation packages of bosses at the world's biggest banks – including salaries, bonuses and stock awards. By all indications, CEOs continue to be generously compensated, even as their banks struggle with multi-billion losses and, in some cases, legal bills.
Some Factoids. The following countries are represented in the “Sweet 16” list: United States (6 -including 5 of the highest paid); England (5); Switzerland (2); Canada (2); Spain (1).
All 20 of the best-paid CEOs are men, while 19 are white men, with Credit Suisse boss Tidjane Thiam the only member of the BAME community (British, Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic).
- Jamie Dimon, JPMorgan Chase — $28.2 million (£21.6 million)
- James Gorman, Morgan Stanley — $22.5 million (£17.3 million)
- Lloyd Blankfein, Goldman Sachs — $22.3 million (£17.1 million)
- Brian Moynihan, Bank of America Merrill Lynch — $20.2 million (£15.5 million)
- Michael Corbat, Citigroup — $15.5 million (£11.9 million)
- Sergio Ermotti, UBS — $13.9 million (£10.7 million)
- Stuart Gulliver, HSBC — $13.1 million (£10.1 million)
- Tim Sloan, Wells Fargo — $12.9 million (£9.9 million)
- Antonio Horta-Osorio, Lloyds Banking Group —$10.3 million (£7.9 million)
- Jes Staley, Barclays — $10.2 million (£7.8 million)
- Tidjane Thiam, Credit Suisse — $9.9 million (£7.6 million)
- Bill Winters, Standard Chartered — $7.6 million (£5.8 million) [tied with McKay]
- David McKay, Royal Bank of Canada —$7.6 million (£5.8 million) [tied with Winters]
- William Downe, Bank of Montreal — $7.3 million (£5.6 million)
- Jose Antonio Alvarez, Santander — $7.2 million (£5.5 million)
- Ross McEwan, RBS — $7 million (£5.4 million)