BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Deutsche Bank Is Weighing Massive Cuts in Its U.S. Cash Equities Unit
- Richard Jenrette, Co-Founder of DLJ Investment Bank, Dies at 89
- Goldman Sachs Makes First Hire in Cryptocurrency Markets Unit
- Special FINRA Election to Fill Large Firm Governor Vacancy
- Chicago-Based Investment Adviser Sentenced to 151 Months in Prison - SEC
- Dun & Bradstreet Hit With FCPA Violations - SEC
- SEC Charges Additional Defendant in Fraudulent ICO Scheme
- Warren Buffett Simply Blew it on Wells Fargo Stock: Dick Bove (Video)
- Barclays and Deutsche Bank to Lag U.S. Trading Peers
- NY AG Schneiderman Seeks to Close Loophole That Could Let Trump Pardons Block State Charges
- 'Fearless Girl' is Moving to NYSE After Year Staring Down 'Charging Bull'
- What's In Your Wallet - American Express Shares Soar After Earnings Release
- Deutsche Bank's Executive Departures Continue Following Change in CEO
- Reflections of an Economist Commissioner (SEC's Piwowar)
- Billionaire HF Manager and The Fed Chair Runner-Up are Investing in New Cryptocurrency
- Court Finds 2 Brokers Liable for Fraud Involving Mortgage-Backed Securities
- One FINRA: An Organization’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- 2018 GASB Accounting Support Fee to Fund the Governmental Accounting Standards Board
- Barclays Eyes Move Into Cryptocurrency Trading
- Goldman Breaks From Wall Street Pack with Bond-Trading Boom
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
James McDonald Named Enforcement Director at CFTC
CFTC Acting Chairman Christopher Giancarlo announced the appointment of James McDonald as Director of the agency’s Enforcement Division. He joins the CFTC from the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York, where he served as an Assistant U.S. Attorney and most recently in the Public Corruption Unit. He begins on April 10th.
While at the U.S. Attorney's Office, Mr. McDonald prosecuted a wide variety of cases, including serving as a member of the trial team that successfully prosecuted former Speaker of the NYS Assembly Sheldon Silver for public corruption offenses. Earlier in his career, Mr. McDonald served as a law clerk to Chief Justice John Roberts, Jr., and, before that, as a law clerk to U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, the Honorable Jeffrey Sutton, Jr.
Mr. McDonald graduated Harvard and UV School of Law. He also served in the Office of White House Counsel, as a Deputy Associate Counsel, and he worked in private practice with Williams & Connolly Law.
Originally from Tulsa, OK, Mr. McDonald has also served as a visiting professor at the University of Tulsa College of Law, where he taught Constitutional Law, Federal Courts, Foreign Relations Law, and Supreme Court Decision making.