BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Is Trump’s “Foreclosure King” in Over His Head?
- FBI Arrests NCAA Basketball Coaches and Adidas Rep in Bribery Probe Involving Recruitment
- Equifax CEO Steps Down Amid Hacking Scandal
- Litigation Costs to Rub Salt in RBS Investor Wounds
- RIAs Poised to Land Wirehouse Recruits - Dan Jamieson
- Citibank and U.K. Affiliate to Pay $550K Penalty for Swap Data Reporting Violations - CFTC
- AIG to Restructure into 3 New Units, Marking CEO's First Big Move
- Accounting Firm Deloitte Says It Suffered Cyberattack (subsc reqd)
- Upcoming FINRA Board Meeting and FINRA360 Update
- Elizabeth Warren Lifts Hold on Trump DOJ Antitrust Nominee
- Bigger Mergers Narrow Indy Reps' Options, Alter IBD Channel - Dan Jamieson
- Dentons to Merge with U.K.'s Murray & Spens
- BigLaw Hogan Lovells Announces Hundreds of Buyouts, Layoffs - Almost 500 Affected
- Faith-Based Advisor Censured for Selling Class A Shares to Clergy
- After FINRA Bar, CFP Board Suspends Texas Advisor
- iCapital Network to Acquire U.S. Private Equity Access Fund Platform from Deutsche Bank
- Deutsche Bank ‘Beyond Repair’ as Trading Drops - Autonomous Research
- Guggenheim Partners CEO Might Step Down
- Wachovia Customer Sues Wells Fargo Over FundSource Losses - Bill Singer
- Credit Downgrade for Wells Fargo Due to Fake Account Scandal
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Donald Trump & Co.
Million Dollar Club – Big Contributors to Trump Inauguration
While many have accused the Trump administration of exaggerating the number of people who attended Donald Trump’s presidential inauguration, there’s no disputing the fact that his inaugural committee raised a huge amount for the event - $106.7 million. It takes a lot of donations and a lot of BIG DONATIONS to reach that figure.
MILLION-DOLLAR CLUB. This past week, Trump’s inaugural organizers published a 510-page listing of donors. This list includes nearly 50 people or corporations who contributed $1 million or more – several of whom come from the world of financial services. Here’s a sampling:
- Steven A. Cohen, who now runs family office Point72 Asset Management;
- Howard Lutnick, CEO of0 Cantor Fitzgerald;
- Charles Schwab, founder of the discount broker;
- Scott Bessent, former CIO of Soros Fund Management;
- Henry Kravis, co-founder of KKR;
- Robert Mercer, hedge-fund investor and conservative donor;
- Marlene Ricketts, whose husband, Joe Ricketts founded TD Ameritrade;
- Bank of America.
Owners of the sports franchises - like the NFL’s Dallas Cowboys, Houston Texans, Jacksonville Jaguars, L.A. Rams, New England Patriots and Washington Redskins - each contributed $1 million. Tampa Bay Buccaneers co-chairman Ed Glazer added $250,000. And Madison Square Garden donated $1 million.