BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- I Owned Bitcoin For a Weekend and Here's What I Learned
- SEC Appoints New Chair and Board Members to PCAOB
- FINRA, Georgetown Team Up to Deliver 'Certified Regulatory and Compliance Professional' Program
- FINRA Board Meeting - This Week's Agenda
- Statement on Cryptocurrencies and Initial Coin Offerings - SEC Chair Clayton
- Company Halts Initial Coin Offering Over SEC Registration Concerns
- Kevin O'Leary Explains One Big Thing People Don't Understand About Bitcoin (But Need To)
- CME Bitcoin Futures: A Better Way to Buy (or Short) Bitcoin?
- Address at ICI's 2017 Securities Law Developments Conference - SEC Commissioner Stein
- New York Pension Fund Seeks More Pay Disclosure from Wells Fargo
- Wells Fargo Sanctions Are on Ice Under Trump Official
- Josh Brown: Here's How to Buy Bitcoin, But Realize It Could Be One Giant Bubble
- Trump's New Tax Plan Could Cost Citigroup $20 Billion
- Morgan Stanley Fires Former Congressman Harold Ford Jr.
- Al Franken Will Resign Over Sexual Misconduct Allegations - His Full Resignation Speech
- Ex-NFL Player Gets 40 Years for Running $10Mn Fraud
- Bitcoin Blows Past $15K, Adding $2K in Under 12 Hours
- Financial Adviser Settles Charges for Defrauding Private Equity Fund Investors
- New Cross Market Equity Supervision Report Cards - FINRA Phone-In Workshop, WebEx Presentation
- Mueller Just Crossed Trump's Red Line, With Deutsche Bank Subpoena
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Donald Trump & Co.
Million Dollar Club – Big Contributors to Trump Inauguration
While many have accused the Trump administration of exaggerating the number of people who attended Donald Trump’s presidential inauguration, there’s no disputing the fact that his inaugural committee raised a huge amount for the event - $106.7 million. It takes a lot of donations and a lot of BIG DONATIONS to reach that figure.
MILLION-DOLLAR CLUB. This past week, Trump’s inaugural organizers published a 510-page listing of donors. This list includes nearly 50 people or corporations who contributed $1 million or more – several of whom come from the world of financial services. Here’s a sampling:
- Steven A. Cohen, who now runs family office Point72 Asset Management;
- Howard Lutnick, CEO of0 Cantor Fitzgerald;
- Charles Schwab, founder of the discount broker;
- Scott Bessent, former CIO of Soros Fund Management;
- Henry Kravis, co-founder of KKR;
- Robert Mercer, hedge-fund investor and conservative donor;
- Marlene Ricketts, whose husband, Joe Ricketts founded TD Ameritrade;
- Bank of America.
Owners of the sports franchises - like the NFL’s Dallas Cowboys, Houston Texans, Jacksonville Jaguars, L.A. Rams, New England Patriots and Washington Redskins - each contributed $1 million. Tampa Bay Buccaneers co-chairman Ed Glazer added $250,000. And Madison Square Garden donated $1 million.