BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- SEC Charges Additional Defendant in Fraudulent ICO Scheme
- Warren Buffett Simply Blew it on Wells Fargo Stock: Dick Bove (Video)
- Barclays and Deutsche Bank to Lag U.S. Trading Peers
- NY AG Schneiderman Seeks to Close Loophole That Could Let Trump Pardons Block State Charges
- 'Fearless Girl' is Moving to NYSE After Year Staring Down 'Charging Bull'
- What's In Your Wallet - American Express Shares Soar After Earnings Release
- Deutsche Bank's Executive Departures Continue Following Change in CEO
- Reflections of an Economist Commissioner (SEC's Piwowar)
- Billionaire HF Manager and The Fed Chair Runner-Up are Investing in New Cryptocurrency
- Court Finds 2 Brokers Liable for Fraud Involving Mortgage-Backed Securities
- One FINRA: An Organization’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- 2018 GASB Accounting Support Fee to Fund the Governmental Accounting Standards Board
- Barclays Eyes Move Into Cryptocurrency Trading
- Goldman Breaks From Wall Street Pack with Bond-Trading Boom
- Janney Montgomery Scott CEO Joins FINRA Board of Governors
- SEC Encourages Investors to Do Background Checks on Investor.gov
- The Martin Act: Wall Street Titan Takes Aim at Law That Tripped Him Up
- Bank of America’s Cost-Cutting Drive Pushes Profit to Record
- Larry Fink: Wall Street’s $6 Trillion Man Finally Worth $1Bn
- Activist Investor Wants Barclays Investment Banking Overhaul (Video)
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Donald Trump & Co.
Million Dollar Club – Big Contributors to Trump Inauguration
While many have accused the Trump administration of exaggerating the number of people who attended Donald Trump’s presidential inauguration, there’s no disputing the fact that his inaugural committee raised a huge amount for the event - $106.7 million. It takes a lot of donations and a lot of BIG DONATIONS to reach that figure.
MILLION-DOLLAR CLUB. This past week, Trump’s inaugural organizers published a 510-page listing of donors. This list includes nearly 50 people or corporations who contributed $1 million or more – several of whom come from the world of financial services. Here’s a sampling:
- Steven A. Cohen, who now runs family office Point72 Asset Management;
- Howard Lutnick, CEO of0 Cantor Fitzgerald;
- Charles Schwab, founder of the discount broker;
- Scott Bessent, former CIO of Soros Fund Management;
- Henry Kravis, co-founder of KKR;
- Robert Mercer, hedge-fund investor and conservative donor;
- Marlene Ricketts, whose husband, Joe Ricketts founded TD Ameritrade;
- Bank of America.
Owners of the sports franchises - like the NFL’s Dallas Cowboys, Houston Texans, Jacksonville Jaguars, L.A. Rams, New England Patriots and Washington Redskins - each contributed $1 million. Tampa Bay Buccaneers co-chairman Ed Glazer added $250,000. And Madison Square Garden donated $1 million.