BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- CFTC Chair Giancarlo Appoints Bruce Tuckman as Chief Economist
- Twice-Convicted Ex-Jefferies Trader Litvak Faces Prison After Losing Bail Request
- Wells Fargo Hikes Full-Year S&P 500 Target
- SEC Institutes Administrative Proceedings Against Shkreli
- Goldman's Lloyd Blankfein Seems to be Making a Habit Out of Trolling Trump
- Goldman on Hunt for Star Traders to Revive Struggling Commodities Unit
- Yahoo Owes Millions for Busting NCAA Tourney Bracket Deal
- JPMorgan Joins 21st Century Fox in Fighting 'Deep Divisions Across Our Country'
- Please, God, Save Gary Cohn From Himself: The Case for Resigning
- Regulatory Considerations When Bringing on a New Advisor
- Why Deutsche Bank is at Mercy of Regulators
- U.S. Treasury Auction Class-Action – Federal Judge Causes Interminable Delay
- Mnuchin Rejects Calls to Resign and Defends Trump
- Best Time to Go to the U.S. (Tennis) Open Tourney - Before It Starts on August 28
- Stifel Prevails in Arbitration But Ex-Hilltop Employees Hit with Awards - Bill Singer
- Banca IMI Securities to Pay $35Mn for Improper Handling of ADRs in Continuing SEC Crackdown
- Members of White House ‘Arts Panel’ Resign En Masse in Protest of Trump
- FINRA Whiffs on Disciplinary Sanction: Bill Singer's 'Negligent Market Manipulation in OTC Stock Promotion'
- Heather Heyer’s Mother Says, ‘I’m Not Talking to the President’
- Goldman Sachs May Have Lost $100Mn on Energy Bet Gone Wrong
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Donald Trump & Co.
Million Dollar Club – Big Contributors to Trump Inauguration
While many have accused the Trump administration of exaggerating the number of people who attended Donald Trump’s presidential inauguration, there’s no disputing the fact that his inaugural committee raised a huge amount for the event - $106.7 million. It takes a lot of donations and a lot of BIG DONATIONS to reach that figure.
MILLION-DOLLAR CLUB. This past week, Trump’s inaugural organizers published a 510-page listing of donors. This list includes nearly 50 people or corporations who contributed $1 million or more – several of whom come from the world of financial services. Here’s a sampling:
- Steven A. Cohen, who now runs family office Point72 Asset Management;
- Howard Lutnick, CEO of0 Cantor Fitzgerald;
- Charles Schwab, founder of the discount broker;
- Scott Bessent, former CIO of Soros Fund Management;
- Henry Kravis, co-founder of KKR;
- Robert Mercer, hedge-fund investor and conservative donor;
- Marlene Ricketts, whose husband, Joe Ricketts founded TD Ameritrade;
- Bank of America.
Owners of the sports franchises - like the NFL’s Dallas Cowboys, Houston Texans, Jacksonville Jaguars, L.A. Rams, New England Patriots and Washington Redskins - each contributed $1 million. Tampa Bay Buccaneers co-chairman Ed Glazer added $250,000. And Madison Square Garden donated $1 million.