BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Sarah ten Siethoff is New Associate Director of SEC Investment Management Rulemaking Office
- Catherine Keating Appointed CEO of BNY Mellon Wealth Management
- Credit Suisse to Pay $47Mn to Resolve DOJ Asia Probe
- SEC Chair Clayton Goes 'Hat in Hand' Before Congress on 2019 Budget Request
- SEC's Opening Remarks to the Elder Justice Coordinating Council
- Massachusetts Jury Convicts CA Attorney of Securities Fraud
- Deutsche Bank Says 3 Senior Investment Bankers to Leave Firm
- World’s Biggest Hedge Fund Reportedly ‘Bearish On Financial Assets’
- SEC Fines Constant Contact, Popular Email Marketer, for Overstating Subscriber Numbers
- SocGen Agrees to Pay $1.3 Billion to End Libya, Libor Probes
- Cryptocurrency Exchange Bitfinex Briefly Halts Trading After Cyber Attack
- SEC Names Valerie Szczepanik Senior Advisor for Digital Assets and Innovation
- SEC Modernizes Delivery of Fund Reports, Seeks Public Feedback on Improving Fund Disclosure
- NYSE Says SEC Plan to Limit Exchange Rebates Would Hurt Investors
- Deutsche Bank faces another challenge with Fed stress test
- Former JPMorgan Broker Files racial discrimination suit against company
- $3.3Mn Winning Bid for Lunch with Warren Buffett
- Julie Erhardt is SEC's New Acting Chief Risk Officer
- Chyhe Becker is SEC's New Acting Chief Economist, Acting Director of Economic and Risk Analysis Division
- Getting a Handle on Virtual Currencies - FINRA
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Donald Trump & Co.
Million Dollar Club – Big Contributors to Trump Inauguration
While many have accused the Trump administration of exaggerating the number of people who attended Donald Trump’s presidential inauguration, there’s no disputing the fact that his inaugural committee raised a huge amount for the event - $106.7 million. It takes a lot of donations and a lot of BIG DONATIONS to reach that figure.
MILLION-DOLLAR CLUB. This past week, Trump’s inaugural organizers published a 510-page listing of donors. This list includes nearly 50 people or corporations who contributed $1 million or more – several of whom come from the world of financial services. Here’s a sampling:
- Steven A. Cohen, who now runs family office Point72 Asset Management;
- Howard Lutnick, CEO of0 Cantor Fitzgerald;
- Charles Schwab, founder of the discount broker;
- Scott Bessent, former CIO of Soros Fund Management;
- Henry Kravis, co-founder of KKR;
- Robert Mercer, hedge-fund investor and conservative donor;
- Marlene Ricketts, whose husband, Joe Ricketts founded TD Ameritrade;
- Bank of America.
Owners of the sports franchises - like the NFL’s Dallas Cowboys, Houston Texans, Jacksonville Jaguars, L.A. Rams, New England Patriots and Washington Redskins - each contributed $1 million. Tampa Bay Buccaneers co-chairman Ed Glazer added $250,000. And Madison Square Garden donated $1 million.