BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- North Korean caught secretly mining bitcoin rival
- IPO Timelines Cut by 80% After SEC's Private Filing Decision
- How the Carried Interest Break Survived the Tax Bill
- FINRA: The Neutral Corner
- Coinbasex Says Buying and Selling Temporarily Disabled Amid Price Rout
- Bitcoin plunges by more than a third in a single day
- Goldman Is Setting Up a Cryptocurrency Trading Desk
- Jefferies Lets Employees Choose When to Receive Their Bonuses
- UBS Told to Pay $903K After Losing Retaliation Verdict
- BEWARE: Long Island Iced Tea Shares Soar After Changing Name to Long Blockchain
- Gary Cohn’s Last Laugh: Cashing Out on Trump’s Tax Plan
- E*Trade Lets Customers Trade in CBOE Bitcoin Futures
- Swiss Find Serious Shortcomings at JPMorgan in 1MDB Case
- Washington-based Investment Adviser and His Business Partner Charged in Multi-Million Dollar Scheme
- FINRA Board of Governors Meeting
- Cryptocurrency Market Now Doing Same Daily Volume as the NYSE
- Jailed Barclays Trader Must Pay $400,000 From Libor Profits
- Trump Asks ‘How’s Your 401(k)?’ But Most Voters Don’t Have One
- A Bitcoin Hedge Fund’s Return: 25,004% (That Wasn’t a Typo)
- Madoff Victims Near Full Recovery of Principal With Payout
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Petal Walker Left CFTC to Rejoin WilmerHale
Petal Walker, Chief Counsel to former CFTC Commissioner Sharon Bowen left the CFTC earlier this month to rejoin WilmerHale as a Special Counsel in the Futures and Derivatives Group. Ms. Walker was a Senior Associate at WilmerHale when she joined the CFTC in October 2014.
As Chief Counsel, Ms. Walker advised Commissioner Bowen on a variety of significant derivatives-related issues including central counterparty (CCP) resilience and resolution, cybersecurity, cross-border harmonization, and capital and margin requirements. She also advised and participated in numerous meetings with senior management in a variety of entities including investment banks, exchanges, trade associations, asset managers, insurance companies, commercial end-users, as well as domestic and international regulators.