BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- SEC Adopts Statement and Interpretive Guidance on Public Company Cybersecurity Disclosures
- SEC Charges Former Bitcoin Exchange and Its Founder With Fraud
- JPMorgan Chase to Replace NYC Headquarters with 70-Story Skyscraper
- Citigroup Raises CEO Corbat's Pay 48% to $23Mn
- Should Congress Create a Crypto-Cop?
- JPMorgan Weighs Buying an Exchange-Traded Funds Firm
- Hey, Goldman Sachs: Wanna Buy BNY Mellon?
- SEC Order Rejecting Acquisition of Chicago Stock Exchange (CSX) by Chinese-Baesd Company
- Kyle Moffatt Named Chief Accountant in SEC CorpFinance
- SEC Suspends Trading in 3 Issuers Claiming Involvement in Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Technology
- Karen Garnett, Assoc. Director of SEC CorpFinance, to Leave After 23 Years of Service
- Louisiana Adviser Barred for Hiding Losses from Investors
- Connecticut HF Manager Illegally Diverted Investor Money - Now Owes Nearly $13Mn
- White House Cleaning House of Advisors Without Full Security Clearance
- Goldman Projects 30% Growth in Wealth Management Advisor Force
- Whistleblower Alleges Manipulation of CBOE Volatility Index
- FINRA Looking Into VIX (CBOE Volatility Index) Manipulation: WSJ
- Atlanta-Area Resident Charged with Misusing Investor Funds - SEC
- FINRA Announces 2018 West Region Networking Seminar
- Alberto Arevalo, Associate Director in Office of International Affairs, to Retire From SEC
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Donald Trump & Co.
Politics Aside, Bravado Won’t Measure Up to Menacing Actions
The threat from within the United States, where distrust and political leanings are pitting Americans against one another, is scary enough. However, those concerns pale in comparison to the dangers we all face from the global arena.
So, it was with great consternation that we read this morning’s competing headlines:
The bravado, of course comes from President Trump, who warns that the United States will deal with North Korea’s nuclear threats, with or without China’s help. That sounds serious, until one wonders what it all means. Consider Trump’s long history of grandiose statements that lack substantive measures and offer few details. Add to these concerns, Trump's tendency to endorse nationalistic or isolationist strategies in an effort to somehow get our allies to ‘fall in line’. Never have the words of poet John Donne seemed truer - "No Man is an Island.”
Now take North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un, who is willing, if not enthusiastic, to go it alone. He appears hell-bent on developing and testing a growing arsenal of intercontinental missiles – while killing off his perceived enemies and detractors. A N. Korean defector describes Kim Jong Un as a “desperate" dictator who is prepared to use nuclear weapons to strike the United States and its allies.
Events will unfold over time - although time does not appear to be one of our bargaining chips.