BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- CFTC Chair Giancarlo Appoints Bruce Tuckman as Chief Economist
- Twice-Convicted Ex-Jefferies Trader Litvak Faces Prison After Losing Bail Request
- Wells Fargo Hikes Full-Year S&P 500 Target
- SEC Institutes Administrative Proceedings Against Shkreli
- Goldman's Lloyd Blankfein Seems to be Making a Habit Out of Trolling Trump
- Goldman on Hunt for Star Traders to Revive Struggling Commodities Unit
- Yahoo Owes Millions for Busting NCAA Tourney Bracket Deal
- JPMorgan Joins 21st Century Fox in Fighting 'Deep Divisions Across Our Country'
- Please, God, Save Gary Cohn From Himself: The Case for Resigning
- Regulatory Considerations When Bringing on a New Advisor
- Why Deutsche Bank is at Mercy of Regulators
- U.S. Treasury Auction Class-Action – Federal Judge Causes Interminable Delay
- Mnuchin Rejects Calls to Resign and Defends Trump
- Best Time to Go to the U.S. (Tennis) Open Tourney - Before It Starts on August 28
- Stifel Prevails in Arbitration But Ex-Hilltop Employees Hit with Awards - Bill Singer
- Banca IMI Securities to Pay $35Mn for Improper Handling of ADRs in Continuing SEC Crackdown
- Members of White House ‘Arts Panel’ Resign En Masse in Protest of Trump
- FINRA Whiffs on Disciplinary Sanction: Bill Singer's 'Negligent Market Manipulation in OTC Stock Promotion'
- Heather Heyer’s Mother Says, ‘I’m Not Talking to the President’
- Goldman Sachs May Have Lost $100Mn on Energy Bet Gone Wrong
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Donald Trump & Co.
Politics Aside, Bravado Won’t Measure Up to Menacing Actions
The threat from within the United States, where distrust and political leanings are pitting Americans against one another, is scary enough. However, those concerns pale in comparison to the dangers we all face from the global arena.
So, it was with great consternation that we read this morning’s competing headlines:
The bravado, of course comes from President Trump, who warns that the United States will deal with North Korea’s nuclear threats, with or without China’s help. That sounds serious, until one wonders what it all means. Consider Trump’s long history of grandiose statements that lack substantive measures and offer few details. Add to these concerns, Trump's tendency to endorse nationalistic or isolationist strategies in an effort to somehow get our allies to ‘fall in line’. Never have the words of poet John Donne seemed truer - "No Man is an Island.”
Now take North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un, who is willing, if not enthusiastic, to go it alone. He appears hell-bent on developing and testing a growing arsenal of intercontinental missiles – while killing off his perceived enemies and detractors. A N. Korean defector describes Kim Jong Un as a “desperate" dictator who is prepared to use nuclear weapons to strike the United States and its allies.
Events will unfold over time - although time does not appear to be one of our bargaining chips.