BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Canada's CIBC Completes $5Bn PrivateBancorp Buy
- Word ‘Women’ Literally Never Appears in U.S. Senate’s 142-Page Health-Care Bill
- Stephen Pierce, Goldman Sachs Global Head of Equity Markets, To Retire
- Al Gore 'Not Very Smart,’ But Became Filthy Rich Using Simple Investing Formula - Charlie Munger
- U.S. Regulators, Lawmakers Support Volcker Rule Revamp at Hearing
- Morgan Stanley Opts for Frankfurt as New EU Hub
- A New Risk for Goldman, Morgan Stanley in Stress Tests (subsc reqd)
- A Trump Bump for Law Firm of President’s Lawyer - Kasowitz Benson Torres
- JPMorgan, BofA, Goldman, Citi, Wells Fargo Pass Fed's Stress Test
- Blackstone Stock Still Trading at $31 - Its IPO Price From 10 Years Ago
- NJ Resident and NY-Based Global FX Club Charged with Solicitation Fraud, Misappropriation - CFTC
- Senate Republicans Release Plan to Replace Obamacare - The Details
- Berkshire Hathaway Throws $1.5Bn Lifeline to Canada's Home Capital
- Inside Nomura: Day in the Life of a Junior Banker
- Inside Travis Kalanick’s Resignation as Uber’s C.E.O.
- Creative Planning, KS Investment Firm, Spurring Change on Wall Street
- SEC Obtains Judgment Against Attorney Who Defrauded Escrow Clients
- SEC Files Fraud Charges Against Stock Promoters in Market Manipulation Scheme
- Power Lunches and Dinners in New York, London, Washington
- Banks to Cut $1.2Bn in Research Spending, Analyst Jobs - McKinsey
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Donald Trump & Co.
Stupid is As Stupid Does
by Howard Haykin
Following this weekend’s terrorist attack in London, Donald Trump issued this Tweet:
“At least 7 dead and 48 wounded in terror attack and Mayor on London says there is ‘no reason to be alarmed’!”
What London Mayor Sadiq Khan had said during an interview shown on BBC was that he was ...
“... appalled and furious that these cowardly terrorists would target“ innocent civilians and vowed that “we will never let them win, nor will we allow them to cower our city.”
“Londoners will see an increased police presence today and over the course of the next few days. No reason to be alarmed. One of the things the police, all of us, need to do is make sure we’re as safe as we possibly can be. I’, reassured that we are one of the safest global cities in the world, if not the safest global city in the word, but we always evolve and review to make sure that we remain as safe as we possibly can.”
INDICATION OF THINGS TO COME. In 2016, while campaigning for the presidency, Donald Trump said he welcomed Mr. Khan’s election as Mayor of London and would make an exception for him. [Trump had already proposed his infamous travel ban against all Muslims from all countries who were not American citizens.]
Mayor Khan responded that he wanted no exception and accused Trump of harboring “ignorant views about Islam."
MONKEY SEE, MONKEY DO. In March 2017, after a terrorist attack in London, Donald Trump, Jr., posted a link suggesting that Mr. Khan had said terrorist attacks were just “part of living in big city.”
What Mayor Khan had said was …. “part and parcel of living in a great global city” was being vigilant against terrorism and supporting the police.