BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Deutsche Bank Is Weighing Massive Cuts in Its U.S. Cash Equities Unit
- Richard Jenrette, Co-Founder of DLJ Investment Bank, Dies at 89
- Goldman Sachs Makes First Hire in Cryptocurrency Markets Unit
- Special FINRA Election to Fill Large Firm Governor Vacancy
- Chicago-Based Investment Adviser Sentenced to 151 Months in Prison - SEC
- Dun & Bradstreet Hit With FCPA Violations - SEC
- SEC Charges Additional Defendant in Fraudulent ICO Scheme
- Warren Buffett Simply Blew it on Wells Fargo Stock: Dick Bove (Video)
- Barclays and Deutsche Bank to Lag U.S. Trading Peers
- NY AG Schneiderman Seeks to Close Loophole That Could Let Trump Pardons Block State Charges
- 'Fearless Girl' is Moving to NYSE After Year Staring Down 'Charging Bull'
- What's In Your Wallet - American Express Shares Soar After Earnings Release
- Deutsche Bank's Executive Departures Continue Following Change in CEO
- Reflections of an Economist Commissioner (SEC's Piwowar)
- Billionaire HF Manager and The Fed Chair Runner-Up are Investing in New Cryptocurrency
- Court Finds 2 Brokers Liable for Fraud Involving Mortgage-Backed Securities
- One FINRA: An Organization’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- 2018 GASB Accounting Support Fee to Fund the Governmental Accounting Standards Board
- Barclays Eyes Move Into Cryptocurrency Trading
- Goldman Breaks From Wall Street Pack with Bond-Trading Boom
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Donald Trump & Co.
Stupid is As Stupid Does
by Howard Haykin
Following this weekend’s terrorist attack in London, Donald Trump issued this Tweet:
“At least 7 dead and 48 wounded in terror attack and Mayor on London says there is ‘no reason to be alarmed’!”
What London Mayor Sadiq Khan had said during an interview shown on BBC was that he was ...
“... appalled and furious that these cowardly terrorists would target“ innocent civilians and vowed that “we will never let them win, nor will we allow them to cower our city.”
“Londoners will see an increased police presence today and over the course of the next few days. No reason to be alarmed. One of the things the police, all of us, need to do is make sure we’re as safe as we possibly can be. I’, reassured that we are one of the safest global cities in the world, if not the safest global city in the word, but we always evolve and review to make sure that we remain as safe as we possibly can.”
INDICATION OF THINGS TO COME. In 2016, while campaigning for the presidency, Donald Trump said he welcomed Mr. Khan’s election as Mayor of London and would make an exception for him. [Trump had already proposed his infamous travel ban against all Muslims from all countries who were not American citizens.]
Mayor Khan responded that he wanted no exception and accused Trump of harboring “ignorant views about Islam."
MONKEY SEE, MONKEY DO. In March 2017, after a terrorist attack in London, Donald Trump, Jr., posted a link suggesting that Mr. Khan had said terrorist attacks were just “part of living in big city.”
What Mayor Khan had said was …. “part and parcel of living in a great global city” was being vigilant against terrorism and supporting the police.