BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Citigroup Raises CEO Corbat's Pay 48% to $23Mn
- Should Congress Create a Crypto-Cop?
- JPMorgan Weighs Buying an Exchange-Traded Funds Firm
- Hey, Goldman Sachs: Wanna Buy BNY Mellon?
- SEC Order Rejecting Acquisition of Chicago Stock Exchange (CSX) by Chinese-Baesd Company
- Kyle Moffatt Named Chief Accountant in SEC CorpFinance
- SEC Suspends Trading in 3 Issuers Claiming Involvement in Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Technology
- Karen Garnett, Assoc. Director of SEC CorpFinance, to Leave After 23 Years of Service
- Louisiana Adviser Barred for Hiding Losses from Investors
- Connecticut HF Manager Illegally Diverted Investor Money - Now Owes Nearly $13Mn
- White House Cleaning House of Advisors Without Full Security Clearance
- Goldman Projects 30% Growth in Wealth Management Advisor Force
- Whistleblower Alleges Manipulation of CBOE Volatility Index
- FINRA Looking Into VIX (CBOE Volatility Index) Manipulation: WSJ
- Atlanta-Area Resident Charged with Misusing Investor Funds - SEC
- FINRA Announces 2018 West Region Networking Seminar
- Alberto Arevalo, Associate Director in Office of International Affairs, to Retire From SEC
- A Culprit for Financial Site Glitches: You and Your Apps
- Investor Protection, Capital Formation and Market Integrity Are Top Priorities in SEC Budget Request
- We Must Stop Out-Of-Control Trading or U.S. Capitalist System Will Break Down - Dick Bove
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Donald Trump & Co.
Stupid is As Stupid Does
by Howard Haykin
Following this weekend’s terrorist attack in London, Donald Trump issued this Tweet:
“At least 7 dead and 48 wounded in terror attack and Mayor on London says there is ‘no reason to be alarmed’!”
What London Mayor Sadiq Khan had said during an interview shown on BBC was that he was ...
“... appalled and furious that these cowardly terrorists would target“ innocent civilians and vowed that “we will never let them win, nor will we allow them to cower our city.”
“Londoners will see an increased police presence today and over the course of the next few days. No reason to be alarmed. One of the things the police, all of us, need to do is make sure we’re as safe as we possibly can be. I’, reassured that we are one of the safest global cities in the world, if not the safest global city in the word, but we always evolve and review to make sure that we remain as safe as we possibly can.”
INDICATION OF THINGS TO COME. In 2016, while campaigning for the presidency, Donald Trump said he welcomed Mr. Khan’s election as Mayor of London and would make an exception for him. [Trump had already proposed his infamous travel ban against all Muslims from all countries who were not American citizens.]
Mayor Khan responded that he wanted no exception and accused Trump of harboring “ignorant views about Islam."
MONKEY SEE, MONKEY DO. In March 2017, after a terrorist attack in London, Donald Trump, Jr., posted a link suggesting that Mr. Khan had said terrorist attacks were just “part of living in big city.”
What Mayor Khan had said was …. “part and parcel of living in a great global city” was being vigilant against terrorism and supporting the police.