BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Sarah ten Siethoff is New Associate Director of SEC Investment Management Rulemaking Office
- Catherine Keating Appointed CEO of BNY Mellon Wealth Management
- Credit Suisse to Pay $47Mn to Resolve DOJ Asia Probe
- SEC Chair Clayton Goes 'Hat in Hand' Before Congress on 2019 Budget Request
- SEC's Opening Remarks to the Elder Justice Coordinating Council
- Massachusetts Jury Convicts CA Attorney of Securities Fraud
- Deutsche Bank Says 3 Senior Investment Bankers to Leave Firm
- World’s Biggest Hedge Fund Reportedly ‘Bearish On Financial Assets’
- SEC Fines Constant Contact, Popular Email Marketer, for Overstating Subscriber Numbers
- SocGen Agrees to Pay $1.3 Billion to End Libya, Libor Probes
- Cryptocurrency Exchange Bitfinex Briefly Halts Trading After Cyber Attack
- SEC Names Valerie Szczepanik Senior Advisor for Digital Assets and Innovation
- SEC Modernizes Delivery of Fund Reports, Seeks Public Feedback on Improving Fund Disclosure
- NYSE Says SEC Plan to Limit Exchange Rebates Would Hurt Investors
- Deutsche Bank faces another challenge with Fed stress test
- Former JPMorgan Broker Files racial discrimination suit against company
- $3.3Mn Winning Bid for Lunch with Warren Buffett
- Julie Erhardt is SEC's New Acting Chief Risk Officer
- Chyhe Becker is SEC's New Acting Chief Economist, Acting Director of Economic and Risk Analysis Division
- Getting a Handle on Virtual Currencies - FINRA
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Donald Trump & Co.
Stupid is As Stupid Does
by Howard Haykin
Following this weekend’s terrorist attack in London, Donald Trump issued this Tweet:
“At least 7 dead and 48 wounded in terror attack and Mayor on London says there is ‘no reason to be alarmed’!”
What London Mayor Sadiq Khan had said during an interview shown on BBC was that he was ...
“... appalled and furious that these cowardly terrorists would target“ innocent civilians and vowed that “we will never let them win, nor will we allow them to cower our city.”
“Londoners will see an increased police presence today and over the course of the next few days. No reason to be alarmed. One of the things the police, all of us, need to do is make sure we’re as safe as we possibly can be. I’, reassured that we are one of the safest global cities in the world, if not the safest global city in the word, but we always evolve and review to make sure that we remain as safe as we possibly can.”
INDICATION OF THINGS TO COME. In 2016, while campaigning for the presidency, Donald Trump said he welcomed Mr. Khan’s election as Mayor of London and would make an exception for him. [Trump had already proposed his infamous travel ban against all Muslims from all countries who were not American citizens.]
Mayor Khan responded that he wanted no exception and accused Trump of harboring “ignorant views about Islam."
MONKEY SEE, MONKEY DO. In March 2017, after a terrorist attack in London, Donald Trump, Jr., posted a link suggesting that Mr. Khan had said terrorist attacks were just “part of living in big city.”
What Mayor Khan had said was …. “part and parcel of living in a great global city” was being vigilant against terrorism and supporting the police.