BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Goldman's Lloyd Blankfein Seems to be Making a Habit Out of Trolling Trump
- Goldman on Hunt for Star Traders to Revive Struggling Commodities Unit
- Yahoo Owes Millions for Busting NCAA Tourney Bracket Deal
- JPMorgan Joins 21st Century Fox in Fighting 'Deep Divisions Across Our Country'
- Please, God, Save Gary Cohn From Himself: The Case for Resigning
- Regulatory Considerations When Bringing on a New Advisor
- Why Deutsche Bank is at Mercy of Regulators
- U.S. Treasury Auction Class-Action – Federal Judge Causes Interminable Delay
- Mnuchin Rejects Calls to Resign and Defends Trump
- Best Time to Go to the U.S. (Tennis) Open Tourney - Before It Starts on August 28
- Stifel Prevails in Arbitration But Ex-Hilltop Employees Hit with Awards - Bill Singer
- Banca IMI Securities to Pay $35Mn for Improper Handling of ADRs in Continuing SEC Crackdown
- Members of White House ‘Arts Panel’ Resign En Masse in Protest of Trump
- FINRA Whiffs on Disciplinary Sanction: Bill Singer's 'Negligent Market Manipulation in OTC Stock Promotion'
- Heather Heyer’s Mother Says, ‘I’m Not Talking to the President’
- Goldman Sachs May Have Lost $100Mn on Energy Bet Gone Wrong
- SEC Drops Case Against Ex-JPMorgan Traders Over 'London Whale'
- Financial Advisers That Invest in Technology Need to Accomplish These Two Things
- FINRA Amends Codes Regarding Expedited Arbitrator List Selection
- FINRA July 2017 Quarterly Disciplinary Review (Podcast)
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Donald Trump & Co.
Stupid is As Stupid Does
by Howard Haykin
Following this weekend’s terrorist attack in London, Donald Trump issued this Tweet:
“At least 7 dead and 48 wounded in terror attack and Mayor on London says there is ‘no reason to be alarmed’!”
What London Mayor Sadiq Khan had said during an interview shown on BBC was that he was ...
“... appalled and furious that these cowardly terrorists would target“ innocent civilians and vowed that “we will never let them win, nor will we allow them to cower our city.”
“Londoners will see an increased police presence today and over the course of the next few days. No reason to be alarmed. One of the things the police, all of us, need to do is make sure we’re as safe as we possibly can be. I’, reassured that we are one of the safest global cities in the world, if not the safest global city in the word, but we always evolve and review to make sure that we remain as safe as we possibly can.”
INDICATION OF THINGS TO COME. In 2016, while campaigning for the presidency, Donald Trump said he welcomed Mr. Khan’s election as Mayor of London and would make an exception for him. [Trump had already proposed his infamous travel ban against all Muslims from all countries who were not American citizens.]
Mayor Khan responded that he wanted no exception and accused Trump of harboring “ignorant views about Islam."
MONKEY SEE, MONKEY DO. In March 2017, after a terrorist attack in London, Donald Trump, Jr., posted a link suggesting that Mr. Khan had said terrorist attacks were just “part of living in big city.”
What Mayor Khan had said was …. “part and parcel of living in a great global city” was being vigilant against terrorism and supporting the police.