BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Address at ICI's 2017 Securities Law Developments Conference - SEC Commissioner Stein
- New York Pension Fund Seeks More Pay Disclosure from Wells Fargo
- Wells Fargo Sanctions Are on Ice Under Trump Official
- Josh Brown: Here's How to Buy Bitcoin, But Realize It Could Be One Giant Bubble
- Trump's New Tax Plan Could Cost Citigroup $20 Billion
- Morgan Stanley Fires Former Congressman Harold Ford Jr.
- Al Franken Will Resign Over Sexual Misconduct Allegations - His Full Resignation Speech
- Ex-NFL Player Gets 40 Years for Running $10Mn Fraud
- Bitcoin Blows Past $15K, Adding $2K in Under 12 Hours
- Financial Adviser Settles Charges for Defrauding Private Equity Fund Investors
- New Cross Market Equity Supervision Report Cards - FINRA Phone-In Workshop, WebEx Presentation
- Mueller Just Crossed Trump's Red Line, With Deutsche Bank Subpoena
- Wildfire Rages Near Los Angeles
- Former Company Insider Has $4.1Mn Payday as a Whistleblower
- Audit Firm, Anton & Chia, Conducted Fraudulent Audits of Penny Stock Companies - SEC
- Mueller Subpoenas Deutsche Bank Records on Trump and Family
- Bitcoin Nearly Halfway to $400Bn Value Predicted by Winklevoss Twins 4 Years Ago
- Fidelity Clients Suffer Second Website Glitch in Week
- CBOE Beats CME to Bitcoin Futures Launch with December 10 Start
- McKinsey Senior Exec Thomas Barkin Named New Head of Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Donald Trump & Co.
Stupid is As Stupid Does
by Howard Haykin
Following this weekend’s terrorist attack in London, Donald Trump issued this Tweet:
“At least 7 dead and 48 wounded in terror attack and Mayor on London says there is ‘no reason to be alarmed’!”
What London Mayor Sadiq Khan had said during an interview shown on BBC was that he was ...
“... appalled and furious that these cowardly terrorists would target“ innocent civilians and vowed that “we will never let them win, nor will we allow them to cower our city.”
“Londoners will see an increased police presence today and over the course of the next few days. No reason to be alarmed. One of the things the police, all of us, need to do is make sure we’re as safe as we possibly can be. I’, reassured that we are one of the safest global cities in the world, if not the safest global city in the word, but we always evolve and review to make sure that we remain as safe as we possibly can.”
INDICATION OF THINGS TO COME. In 2016, while campaigning for the presidency, Donald Trump said he welcomed Mr. Khan’s election as Mayor of London and would make an exception for him. [Trump had already proposed his infamous travel ban against all Muslims from all countries who were not American citizens.]
Mayor Khan responded that he wanted no exception and accused Trump of harboring “ignorant views about Islam."
MONKEY SEE, MONKEY DO. In March 2017, after a terrorist attack in London, Donald Trump, Jr., posted a link suggesting that Mr. Khan had said terrorist attacks were just “part of living in big city.”
What Mayor Khan had said was …. “part and parcel of living in a great global city” was being vigilant against terrorism and supporting the police.