BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Banca IMI Securities to Pay $35Mn for Improper Handling of ADRs in Continuing SEC Crackdown
- Members of White House ‘Arts Panel’ Resign En Masse in Protest of Trump
- FINRA Whiffs on Disciplinary Sanction: Bill Singer's 'Negligent Market Manipulation in OTC Stock Promotion'
- Heather Heyer’s Mother Says, ‘I’m Not Talking to the President’
- Goldman Sachs May Have Lost $100Mn on Energy Bet Gone Wrong
- SEC Drops Case Against Ex-JPMorgan Traders Over 'London Whale'
- Financial Advisers That Invest in Technology Need to Accomplish These Two Things
- FINRA Amends Codes Regarding Expedited Arbitrator List Selection
- FINRA July 2017 Quarterly Disciplinary Review (Podcast)
- Senior Exec in Citigroup's Equities Unit Has Left
- Prudential Plotting its Escape From Fed's Tough Oversight
- Why CEOs Spurned Trump's Business Councils, in Their Own Words
- A Stockbroker, Her LLC, and Her Customers' Loans (Or Investment?) - Bill Singer
- Brian Quintenz Sworn In as CFTC Commissioner
- A Gary Cohn Resignation Would 'Crash the Markets' – Mgmt Guru Jeffrey Sonnenfeld
- Trading Firm DRW to Buy RGM Advisors - As Low Volatility Forces Out Weak HFT Players (subsc reqd)
- Reputational Damage - Rajat Gupta on Hard Road to Recovery
- 7th Circuit Affirms Spoofing Conviction - Bill Singer
- Wells Fargo Announces Board Changes
- Judge Rules Against Ex-Goldman Employee in Fed Leak Case
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Donald Trump & Co.
Team Trump: The President and His Associates Lawyer Up
by Howard Haykin
Donald Trump has personal legal advisers, as do his associates - including Michael Pence, Michael Flynn, Paul Manafort, Roger Stone, and son-in-law Jared Kushner. Here's a brief look at Team Trump:
- Marc Kasowitz: (i) Bare-knuckled litigator and fierce defender of Trump; (ii) has represented him for >15 years; (iii) not a criminal lawyer, but has joined Trump’s battles with regulators, real estate partners, and journalists.
- Jay Sekulow: (i) Former attorney for the IRS; (ii) chief counsel to the conservative American Center for Law and Justice; (iii) has argued cases before the Supreme Court; (iv) hosts daily radio show and is frequent guest on Fox News.
- Michael Bowe: (i) Longtime law partner of Kasowitz; (ii) ex-Sullivan & Cromwell litigator; (ii) deposed hedge fund billionaire Steven Cohen in civil case.
JARED KUSHNER, IVANKA TRUMP
Jamie Gorelick: (i) Clinton administration deputy attorney general; (ii) WilmerHale partner; (iii) rumored to have been on Hillary's short list for AG.
- Richard Cullen: (i) Former U.S. attorney for Eastern District of Virginia. [Click NYTimes for more info.]
- Robert Kelner: (i) Covington & Burling partner, election law expert; (ii) Represented RNC (Republican National Committee) in congressional probe into Bush administration emails.
Reginald Brown: (i) WilmerHale partner; (ii) represented Rex Tillerson on complying with federal ethics rules
Robert Buschel: (i) South Florida defense lawyer; (ii) wrote 2016 novel about a president who wins the White House after the election is hacked.
Grant J. Smith: (i) Does corporate transaction law in Florida.