BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Louisiana Adviser Barred for Hiding Losses from Investors
- Connecticut HF Manager Illegally Diverted Investor Money - Now Owes Nearly $13Mn
- White House Cleaning House of Advisors Without Full Security Clearance
- Goldman Projects 30% Growth in Wealth Management Advisor Force
- Whistleblower Alleges Manipulation of CBOE Volatility Index
- FINRA Looking Into VIX (CBOE Volatility Index) Manipulation: WSJ
- Atlanta-Area Resident Charged with Misusing Investor Funds - SEC
- FINRA Announces 2018 West Region Networking Seminar
- Alberto Arevalo, Associate Director in Office of International Affairs, to Retire From SEC
- A Culprit for Financial Site Glitches: You and Your Apps
- Investor Protection, Capital Formation and Market Integrity Are Top Priorities in SEC Budget Request
- We Must Stop Out-Of-Control Trading or U.S. Capitalist System Will Break Down - Dick Bove
- SEC Launches Share Class Selection Disclosure Initiative to Encourage Self-Reporting and the Prompt Return of Funds to Investors
- BofA CEO Moynihan Got $23Mn Compensation for 2017 – a 15% Pay Raise
- Former Credit Suisse ‘Star’ Gets 5-Year Jail Term For "Clever Fraud"
- FINRA: Perspectives on Customer Arb Award Recovery
- FINRA: Amend Membership App Program to Incentivize Arbitration Award Payments
- Goldman's #2 Allegedly Swindled Out of $1.2Mn of Wine by Assistant
- FINRA Publishes Annual Budget Summary - No Fee Rate Increases for Member Firms
- CFTC Chairman Giancarlo Names Maggie Sklar Senior Counsel
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Donald Trump & Co.
Team Trump: The President and His Associates Lawyer Up
by Howard Haykin
Donald Trump has personal legal advisers, as do his associates - including Michael Pence, Michael Flynn, Paul Manafort, Roger Stone, and son-in-law Jared Kushner. Here's a brief look at Team Trump:
- Marc Kasowitz: (i) Bare-knuckled litigator and fierce defender of Trump; (ii) has represented him for >15 years; (iii) not a criminal lawyer, but has joined Trump’s battles with regulators, real estate partners, and journalists.
- Jay Sekulow: (i) Former attorney for the IRS; (ii) chief counsel to the conservative American Center for Law and Justice; (iii) has argued cases before the Supreme Court; (iv) hosts daily radio show and is frequent guest on Fox News.
- Michael Bowe: (i) Longtime law partner of Kasowitz; (ii) ex-Sullivan & Cromwell litigator; (ii) deposed hedge fund billionaire Steven Cohen in civil case.
JARED KUSHNER, IVANKA TRUMP
Jamie Gorelick: (i) Clinton administration deputy attorney general; (ii) WilmerHale partner; (iii) rumored to have been on Hillary's short list for AG.
- Richard Cullen: (i) Former U.S. attorney for Eastern District of Virginia. [Click NYTimes for more info.]
- Robert Kelner: (i) Covington & Burling partner, election law expert; (ii) Represented RNC (Republican National Committee) in congressional probe into Bush administration emails.
Reginald Brown: (i) WilmerHale partner; (ii) represented Rex Tillerson on complying with federal ethics rules
Robert Buschel: (i) South Florida defense lawyer; (ii) wrote 2016 novel about a president who wins the White House after the election is hacked.
Grant J. Smith: (i) Does corporate transaction law in Florida.