BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- I Owned Bitcoin For a Weekend and Here's What I Learned
- SEC Appoints New Chair and Board Members to PCAOB
- FINRA, Georgetown Team Up to Deliver 'Certified Regulatory and Compliance Professional' Program
- FINRA Board Meeting - This Week's Agenda
- Statement on Cryptocurrencies and Initial Coin Offerings - SEC Chair Clayton
- Company Halts Initial Coin Offering Over SEC Registration Concerns
- Kevin O'Leary Explains One Big Thing People Don't Understand About Bitcoin (But Need To)
- CME Bitcoin Futures: A Better Way to Buy (or Short) Bitcoin?
- Address at ICI's 2017 Securities Law Developments Conference - SEC Commissioner Stein
- New York Pension Fund Seeks More Pay Disclosure from Wells Fargo
- Wells Fargo Sanctions Are on Ice Under Trump Official
- Josh Brown: Here's How to Buy Bitcoin, But Realize It Could Be One Giant Bubble
- Trump's New Tax Plan Could Cost Citigroup $20 Billion
- Morgan Stanley Fires Former Congressman Harold Ford Jr.
- Al Franken Will Resign Over Sexual Misconduct Allegations - His Full Resignation Speech
- Ex-NFL Player Gets 40 Years for Running $10Mn Fraud
- Bitcoin Blows Past $15K, Adding $2K in Under 12 Hours
- Financial Adviser Settles Charges for Defrauding Private Equity Fund Investors
- New Cross Market Equity Supervision Report Cards - FINRA Phone-In Workshop, WebEx Presentation
- Mueller Just Crossed Trump's Red Line, With Deutsche Bank Subpoena
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Donald Trump & Co.
Team Trump: The President and His Associates Lawyer Up
by Howard Haykin
Donald Trump has personal legal advisers, as do his associates - including Michael Pence, Michael Flynn, Paul Manafort, Roger Stone, and son-in-law Jared Kushner. Here's a brief look at Team Trump:
- Marc Kasowitz: (i) Bare-knuckled litigator and fierce defender of Trump; (ii) has represented him for >15 years; (iii) not a criminal lawyer, but has joined Trump’s battles with regulators, real estate partners, and journalists.
- Jay Sekulow: (i) Former attorney for the IRS; (ii) chief counsel to the conservative American Center for Law and Justice; (iii) has argued cases before the Supreme Court; (iv) hosts daily radio show and is frequent guest on Fox News.
- Michael Bowe: (i) Longtime law partner of Kasowitz; (ii) ex-Sullivan & Cromwell litigator; (ii) deposed hedge fund billionaire Steven Cohen in civil case.
JARED KUSHNER, IVANKA TRUMP
Jamie Gorelick: (i) Clinton administration deputy attorney general; (ii) WilmerHale partner; (iii) rumored to have been on Hillary's short list for AG.
- Richard Cullen: (i) Former U.S. attorney for Eastern District of Virginia. [Click NYTimes for more info.]
- Robert Kelner: (i) Covington & Burling partner, election law expert; (ii) Represented RNC (Republican National Committee) in congressional probe into Bush administration emails.
Reginald Brown: (i) WilmerHale partner; (ii) represented Rex Tillerson on complying with federal ethics rules
Robert Buschel: (i) South Florida defense lawyer; (ii) wrote 2016 novel about a president who wins the White House after the election is hacked.
Grant J. Smith: (i) Does corporate transaction law in Florida.