BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- This Family Bet It All on Bitcoin
- Clearinghouses Pass CFTC Liquidity Stress Tests
- President Trump Admits He’s Trying to Kill Obamacare. That’s Illegal.
- Trump Plunges Down List of ‘America’s Richest’
- Is Trump’s “Foreclosure King” in Over His Head?
- FBI Arrests NCAA Basketball Coaches and Adidas Rep in Bribery Probe Involving Recruitment
- Equifax CEO Steps Down Amid Hacking Scandal
- Litigation Costs to Rub Salt in RBS Investor Wounds
- RIAs Poised to Land Wirehouse Recruits - Dan Jamieson
- Citibank and U.K. Affiliate to Pay $550K Penalty for Swap Data Reporting Violations - CFTC
- AIG to Restructure into 3 New Units, Marking CEO's First Big Move
- Accounting Firm Deloitte Says It Suffered Cyberattack (subsc reqd)
- Upcoming FINRA Board Meeting and FINRA360 Update
- Elizabeth Warren Lifts Hold on Trump DOJ Antitrust Nominee
- Bigger Mergers Narrow Indy Reps' Options, Alter IBD Channel - Dan Jamieson
- Dentons to Merge with U.K.'s Murray & Spens
- BigLaw Hogan Lovells Announces Hundreds of Buyouts, Layoffs - Almost 500 Affected
- Faith-Based Advisor Censured for Selling Class A Shares to Clergy
- After FINRA Bar, CFP Board Suspends Texas Advisor
- iCapital Network to Acquire U.S. Private Equity Access Fund Platform from Deutsche Bank
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Donald Trump & Co.
Team Trump: The President and His Associates Lawyer Up
by Howard Haykin
Donald Trump has personal legal advisers, as do his associates - including Michael Pence, Michael Flynn, Paul Manafort, Roger Stone, and son-in-law Jared Kushner. Here's a brief look at Team Trump:
- Marc Kasowitz: (i) Bare-knuckled litigator and fierce defender of Trump; (ii) has represented him for >15 years; (iii) not a criminal lawyer, but has joined Trump’s battles with regulators, real estate partners, and journalists.
- Jay Sekulow: (i) Former attorney for the IRS; (ii) chief counsel to the conservative American Center for Law and Justice; (iii) has argued cases before the Supreme Court; (iv) hosts daily radio show and is frequent guest on Fox News.
- Michael Bowe: (i) Longtime law partner of Kasowitz; (ii) ex-Sullivan & Cromwell litigator; (ii) deposed hedge fund billionaire Steven Cohen in civil case.
JARED KUSHNER, IVANKA TRUMP
Jamie Gorelick: (i) Clinton administration deputy attorney general; (ii) WilmerHale partner; (iii) rumored to have been on Hillary's short list for AG.
- Richard Cullen: (i) Former U.S. attorney for Eastern District of Virginia. [Click NYTimes for more info.]
- Robert Kelner: (i) Covington & Burling partner, election law expert; (ii) Represented RNC (Republican National Committee) in congressional probe into Bush administration emails.
Reginald Brown: (i) WilmerHale partner; (ii) represented Rex Tillerson on complying with federal ethics rules
Robert Buschel: (i) South Florida defense lawyer; (ii) wrote 2016 novel about a president who wins the White House after the election is hacked.
Grant J. Smith: (i) Does corporate transaction law in Florida.