BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- North Korean caught secretly mining bitcoin rival
- IPO Timelines Cut by 80% After SEC's Private Filing Decision
- How the Carried Interest Break Survived the Tax Bill
- FINRA: The Neutral Corner
- Coinbasex Says Buying and Selling Temporarily Disabled Amid Price Rout
- Bitcoin plunges by more than a third in a single day
- Goldman Is Setting Up a Cryptocurrency Trading Desk
- Jefferies Lets Employees Choose When to Receive Their Bonuses
- UBS Told to Pay $903K After Losing Retaliation Verdict
- BEWARE: Long Island Iced Tea Shares Soar After Changing Name to Long Blockchain
- Gary Cohn’s Last Laugh: Cashing Out on Trump’s Tax Plan
- E*Trade Lets Customers Trade in CBOE Bitcoin Futures
- Swiss Find Serious Shortcomings at JPMorgan in 1MDB Case
- Washington-based Investment Adviser and His Business Partner Charged in Multi-Million Dollar Scheme
- FINRA Board of Governors Meeting
- Cryptocurrency Market Now Doing Same Daily Volume as the NYSE
- Jailed Barclays Trader Must Pay $400,000 From Libor Profits
- Trump Asks ‘How’s Your 401(k)?’ But Most Voters Don’t Have One
- A Bitcoin Hedge Fund’s Return: 25,004% (That Wasn’t a Typo)
- Madoff Victims Near Full Recovery of Principal With Payout
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Donald Trump & Co.
The Culture of Dishonesty
by Howard Haykin
For any or all of the positive credible elements that Donald Trump brought to the Presidency - promises to rebuild America's infrastructure, to jump-start the country's economy, to forcefully represent the country against our enemies, and to "drain the swamp" in our nation's capital - little seems to have been accomplished except to establish and perpetuate a culture of dishonesty.
Donald Trump, along with members of his cabinet and his administration, has introduced a culture to the highest office in America where conflicts of interest, lies, 'alt news' and breaches of memory and ethics are not only accepted, but are encouraged. Unfortunately, partisan politics merely solidifies this culture's 'raison d'etre'.
The New York Times, which often presents a jaundiced, liberal bent to its reporting, "strikes the right notes" with today's editorial about Donald Trump and his administration. Click this link to access: NYTimes, 7/11/17.