BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- This Family Bet It All on Bitcoin
- Clearinghouses Pass CFTC Liquidity Stress Tests
- President Trump Admits He’s Trying to Kill Obamacare. That’s Illegal.
- Trump Plunges Down List of ‘America’s Richest’
- Is Trump’s “Foreclosure King” in Over His Head?
- FBI Arrests NCAA Basketball Coaches and Adidas Rep in Bribery Probe Involving Recruitment
- Equifax CEO Steps Down Amid Hacking Scandal
- Litigation Costs to Rub Salt in RBS Investor Wounds
- RIAs Poised to Land Wirehouse Recruits - Dan Jamieson
- Citibank and U.K. Affiliate to Pay $550K Penalty for Swap Data Reporting Violations - CFTC
- AIG to Restructure into 3 New Units, Marking CEO's First Big Move
- Accounting Firm Deloitte Says It Suffered Cyberattack (subsc reqd)
- Upcoming FINRA Board Meeting and FINRA360 Update
- Elizabeth Warren Lifts Hold on Trump DOJ Antitrust Nominee
- Bigger Mergers Narrow Indy Reps' Options, Alter IBD Channel - Dan Jamieson
- Dentons to Merge with U.K.'s Murray & Spens
- BigLaw Hogan Lovells Announces Hundreds of Buyouts, Layoffs - Almost 500 Affected
- Faith-Based Advisor Censured for Selling Class A Shares to Clergy
- After FINRA Bar, CFP Board Suspends Texas Advisor
- iCapital Network to Acquire U.S. Private Equity Access Fund Platform from Deutsche Bank
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Donald Trump & Co.
Timing Is Everything: U.S. Attacks Syria
[Photo: The New Jersey firing a Tomahawk cruise missile / web.mst.edu]
THE LEFT JAB. On Thursday evening, in front of Chinese President XI Jinping, who's in Florida for talks at Trump's Mar-a-Lago, Donald Trump announces in 'prime time' that the U.S. has launched a Tomahawk missile strike on Syria. The attack was arranged to minimize outrage - few, if any, lives were taken, and damage by the 59 missiles was limited to an airforce base, ammunition depots and the like.
The meetings, which are strategically important to both the United States and China, have several key agenda items, including nuclear threats from North Korea, and the countries' competing economic policies.
NOW FOR THE RIGHT CROSS. Having set up his target, President Xi, Trump is ready to pounce and say something like this:
Okay, Xi, now that you know that I'm all business, let's hear what you're going to do about the nuclear threats coming out of North Korea and its crazed Chairman, Kim Jong-un? And, while we're at it, what's going on with the manipulation of China's currency?
With that, the next move belongs to President Xi Jinping.
Grudgingly, we admit the 'tactical brilliance' of Trump's strategy.