BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Address at ICI's 2017 Securities Law Developments Conference - SEC Commissioner Stein
- New York Pension Fund Seeks More Pay Disclosure from Wells Fargo
- Wells Fargo Sanctions Are on Ice Under Trump Official
- Josh Brown: Here's How to Buy Bitcoin, But Realize It Could Be One Giant Bubble
- Trump's New Tax Plan Could Cost Citigroup $20 Billion
- Morgan Stanley Fires Former Congressman Harold Ford Jr.
- Al Franken Will Resign Over Sexual Misconduct Allegations - His Full Resignation Speech
- Ex-NFL Player Gets 40 Years for Running $10Mn Fraud
- Bitcoin Blows Past $15K, Adding $2K in Under 12 Hours
- Financial Adviser Settles Charges for Defrauding Private Equity Fund Investors
- New Cross Market Equity Supervision Report Cards - FINRA Phone-In Workshop, WebEx Presentation
- Mueller Just Crossed Trump's Red Line, With Deutsche Bank Subpoena
- Wildfire Rages Near Los Angeles
- Former Company Insider Has $4.1Mn Payday as a Whistleblower
- Audit Firm, Anton & Chia, Conducted Fraudulent Audits of Penny Stock Companies - SEC
- Mueller Subpoenas Deutsche Bank Records on Trump and Family
- Bitcoin Nearly Halfway to $400Bn Value Predicted by Winklevoss Twins 4 Years Ago
- Fidelity Clients Suffer Second Website Glitch in Week
- CBOE Beats CME to Bitcoin Futures Launch with December 10 Start
- McKinsey Senior Exec Thomas Barkin Named New Head of Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Donald Trump & Co.
Timing Is Everything: U.S. Attacks Syria
[Photo: The New Jersey firing a Tomahawk cruise missile / web.mst.edu]
THE LEFT JAB. On Thursday evening, in front of Chinese President XI Jinping, who's in Florida for talks at Trump's Mar-a-Lago, Donald Trump announces in 'prime time' that the U.S. has launched a Tomahawk missile strike on Syria. The attack was arranged to minimize outrage - few, if any, lives were taken, and damage by the 59 missiles was limited to an airforce base, ammunition depots and the like.
The meetings, which are strategically important to both the United States and China, have several key agenda items, including nuclear threats from North Korea, and the countries' competing economic policies.
NOW FOR THE RIGHT CROSS. Having set up his target, President Xi, Trump is ready to pounce and say something like this:
Okay, Xi, now that you know that I'm all business, let's hear what you're going to do about the nuclear threats coming out of North Korea and its crazed Chairman, Kim Jong-un? And, while we're at it, what's going on with the manipulation of China's currency?
With that, the next move belongs to President Xi Jinping.
Grudgingly, we admit the 'tactical brilliance' of Trump's strategy.