BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Sarah ten Siethoff is New Associate Director of SEC Investment Management Rulemaking Office
- Catherine Keating Appointed CEO of BNY Mellon Wealth Management
- Credit Suisse to Pay $47Mn to Resolve DOJ Asia Probe
- SEC Chair Clayton Goes 'Hat in Hand' Before Congress on 2019 Budget Request
- SEC's Opening Remarks to the Elder Justice Coordinating Council
- Massachusetts Jury Convicts CA Attorney of Securities Fraud
- Deutsche Bank Says 3 Senior Investment Bankers to Leave Firm
- World’s Biggest Hedge Fund Reportedly ‘Bearish On Financial Assets’
- SEC Fines Constant Contact, Popular Email Marketer, for Overstating Subscriber Numbers
- SocGen Agrees to Pay $1.3 Billion to End Libya, Libor Probes
- Cryptocurrency Exchange Bitfinex Briefly Halts Trading After Cyber Attack
- SEC Names Valerie Szczepanik Senior Advisor for Digital Assets and Innovation
- SEC Modernizes Delivery of Fund Reports, Seeks Public Feedback on Improving Fund Disclosure
- NYSE Says SEC Plan to Limit Exchange Rebates Would Hurt Investors
- Deutsche Bank faces another challenge with Fed stress test
- Former JPMorgan Broker Files racial discrimination suit against company
- $3.3Mn Winning Bid for Lunch with Warren Buffett
- Julie Erhardt is SEC's New Acting Chief Risk Officer
- Chyhe Becker is SEC's New Acting Chief Economist, Acting Director of Economic and Risk Analysis Division
- Getting a Handle on Virtual Currencies - FINRA
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Donald Trump & Co.
Timing Is Everything: U.S. Attacks Syria
[Photo: The New Jersey firing a Tomahawk cruise missile / web.mst.edu]
THE LEFT JAB. On Thursday evening, in front of Chinese President XI Jinping, who's in Florida for talks at Trump's Mar-a-Lago, Donald Trump announces in 'prime time' that the U.S. has launched a Tomahawk missile strike on Syria. The attack was arranged to minimize outrage - few, if any, lives were taken, and damage by the 59 missiles was limited to an airforce base, ammunition depots and the like.
The meetings, which are strategically important to both the United States and China, have several key agenda items, including nuclear threats from North Korea, and the countries' competing economic policies.
NOW FOR THE RIGHT CROSS. Having set up his target, President Xi, Trump is ready to pounce and say something like this:
Okay, Xi, now that you know that I'm all business, let's hear what you're going to do about the nuclear threats coming out of North Korea and its crazed Chairman, Kim Jong-un? And, while we're at it, what's going on with the manipulation of China's currency?
With that, the next move belongs to President Xi Jinping.
Grudgingly, we admit the 'tactical brilliance' of Trump's strategy.