BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Credit Suisse Fully Compliant on Sanctions: CEO
- Ex-UBS Metals Trader Beats Spoofing Conspiracy Charge
- Investment Advisor, WCAS Management Corp, To Pay Nearly $800K Over Conflicts of Interest
- Altaba, fka Yahoo!, to Pay $35Mn for Failing to Disclose Massive Cybersecurity Breach - SEC
- SEC Formerly Bars Martin Shkreli from Industry
- HF Billionaire Steve Cohen Buying Into Fintech Start-Ups
- Deutsche Bank Is Weighing Massive Cuts in Its U.S. Cash Equities Unit
- Richard Jenrette, Co-Founder of DLJ Investment Bank, Dies at 89
- Goldman Sachs Makes First Hire in Cryptocurrency Markets Unit
- Special FINRA Election to Fill Large Firm Governor Vacancy
- Chicago-Based Investment Adviser Sentenced to 151 Months in Prison - SEC
- Dun & Bradstreet Hit With FCPA Violations - SEC
- SEC Charges Additional Defendant in Fraudulent ICO Scheme
- Warren Buffett Simply Blew it on Wells Fargo Stock: Dick Bove (Video)
- Barclays and Deutsche Bank to Lag U.S. Trading Peers
- NY AG Schneiderman Seeks to Close Loophole That Could Let Trump Pardons Block State Charges
- 'Fearless Girl' is Moving to NYSE After Year Staring Down 'Charging Bull'
- What's In Your Wallet - American Express Shares Soar After Earnings Release
- Deutsche Bank's Executive Departures Continue Following Change in CEO
- Reflections of an Economist Commissioner (SEC's Piwowar)
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Donald Trump & Co.
Timing Is Everything: U.S. Attacks Syria
[Photo: The New Jersey firing a Tomahawk cruise missile / web.mst.edu]
THE LEFT JAB. On Thursday evening, in front of Chinese President XI Jinping, who's in Florida for talks at Trump's Mar-a-Lago, Donald Trump announces in 'prime time' that the U.S. has launched a Tomahawk missile strike on Syria. The attack was arranged to minimize outrage - few, if any, lives were taken, and damage by the 59 missiles was limited to an airforce base, ammunition depots and the like.
The meetings, which are strategically important to both the United States and China, have several key agenda items, including nuclear threats from North Korea, and the countries' competing economic policies.
NOW FOR THE RIGHT CROSS. Having set up his target, President Xi, Trump is ready to pounce and say something like this:
Okay, Xi, now that you know that I'm all business, let's hear what you're going to do about the nuclear threats coming out of North Korea and its crazed Chairman, Kim Jong-un? And, while we're at it, what's going on with the manipulation of China's currency?
With that, the next move belongs to President Xi Jinping.
Grudgingly, we admit the 'tactical brilliance' of Trump's strategy.