BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- White House Now Doesn’t Dispute Details of Trump's Call with Army Widow
- Goldman Sachs’ Lloyd Blankfein Just Threw Some Serious Brexit Shade
- Guggenheim Partners ‘Bank Wrecker’ Could Get $100Mn Exit Package
- Proposed Arbitration Rule Change: For Customers Dealing with an Inactive Firm or Associated Person
- This Family Bet It All on Bitcoin
- Clearinghouses Pass CFTC Liquidity Stress Tests
- President Trump Admits He’s Trying to Kill Obamacare. That’s Illegal.
- Trump Plunges Down List of ‘America’s Richest’
- Is Trump’s “Foreclosure King” in Over His Head?
- FBI Arrests NCAA Basketball Coaches and Adidas Rep in Bribery Probe Involving Recruitment
- Equifax CEO Steps Down Amid Hacking Scandal
- Litigation Costs to Rub Salt in RBS Investor Wounds
- RIAs Poised to Land Wirehouse Recruits - Dan Jamieson
- Citibank and U.K. Affiliate to Pay $550K Penalty for Swap Data Reporting Violations - CFTC
- AIG to Restructure into 3 New Units, Marking CEO's First Big Move
- Accounting Firm Deloitte Says It Suffered Cyberattack (subsc reqd)
- Upcoming FINRA Board Meeting and FINRA360 Update
- Elizabeth Warren Lifts Hold on Trump DOJ Antitrust Nominee
- Bigger Mergers Narrow Indy Reps' Options, Alter IBD Channel - Dan Jamieson
- Dentons to Merge with U.K.'s Murray & Spens
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Donald Trump & Co.
Trump Spokesman Speaks Volumes with Insulting, Indiscreet, Incompetent, Incorrect Gaffes
[Photo: Melissa McCarthy as Sean Spicer, NBC's SNL]
At Tuesday's press briefing, when asked about Russia's possible complicity in last week's Syrian chemical attack, White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer responded:
You had someone who was as despicable as Hitler who didn't even sink to using chemical weapons." ... "So you have to, if you are Russia, ask yourself is this a country that you and a regime that you want to align yourself with."
Later, when asked to clarify his comments, Spicer compounded his gaffe:
"I think when you come to sarin gas, [Hitler] was not using the gas on his own people the same way that Assad is doing." He then added: "But in the way that Assad used them, where he went into towns and dropped them down to innocents in the middle of towns."
Some 30 minutes after leaving the podium, Spicer went for the "trifecta:"
"In no way was I trying to lessen the horrendous nature of the Holocaust. I was trying to draw a distinction of the tactic of using airplanes to drop chemical weapons on population centers. Any attack on innocent people is reprehensible and inexcusable."
RESPONSE WAS SWIFT.
- Chelsea Clinton Tweeted: I hope @PressSec takes time to visit @HolocaustMuseum. It's a few blocks away. https://twitter.com/yashar/status/851857294061174785 …
- Steven Goldstein, Executive Director of the Anne Frank Center for Mutual Respect, Said: "Sean Spicer now lacks the integrity to serve as White House press secretary, and President Trump must fire him at once,"
TAKE AWAY. This is a disgrace.
- Why is Sean Spicer still representing this country and the President of the United States?
- Who in the administration is feeding him these talking points?
- Why can't this country move on without having to fear what this individual will next say? [It's enough that we have a president who shoots from the hip all too often.]