BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- New Cyberattack Goes Global, Hits WPP, Rosneft, Maersk
- Deutsche Bank Said to Lose as Much as $60Mn Over Derivative Trade
- Dimon Says JPMorgan Headcount to Keep Rising Despite Automation
- RBS to Cut 443 Jobs In UK, Move Many of Them to India
- Deutsche Bank Bullish on London Despite Brexit
- Supreme Court Nears Finish With Big Cases, Retirement Rumors
- The Richest Person in Every State
- LPL Tabs Scott Seese, Former eBay Exec, as Chief Information Officer
- Fired Biglaw Associate Arrested for Trying to Extort Partners
- Canada's CIBC Completes $5Bn PrivateBancorp Buy
- Word ‘Women’ Literally Never Appears in U.S. Senate’s 142-Page Health-Care Bill
- Stephen Pierce, Goldman Sachs Global Head of Equity Markets, To Retire
- Al Gore 'Not Very Smart,’ But Became Filthy Rich Using Simple Investing Formula - Charlie Munger
- U.S. Regulators, Lawmakers Support Volcker Rule Revamp at Hearing
- Morgan Stanley Opts for Frankfurt as New EU Hub
- A New Risk for Goldman, Morgan Stanley in Stress Tests (subsc reqd)
- A Trump Bump for Law Firm of President’s Lawyer - Kasowitz Benson Torres
- JPMorgan, BofA, Goldman, Citi, Wells Fargo Pass Fed's Stress Test
- Blackstone Stock Still Trading at $31 - Its IPO Price From 10 Years Ago
- NJ Resident and NY-Based Global FX Club Charged with Solicitation Fraud, Misappropriation - CFTC
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Donald Trump & Co.
Trump Spokesman Speaks Volumes with Insulting, Indiscreet, Incompetent, Incorrect Gaffes
[Photo: Melissa McCarthy as Sean Spicer, NBC's SNL]
At Tuesday's press briefing, when asked about Russia's possible complicity in last week's Syrian chemical attack, White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer responded:
You had someone who was as despicable as Hitler who didn't even sink to using chemical weapons." ... "So you have to, if you are Russia, ask yourself is this a country that you and a regime that you want to align yourself with."
Later, when asked to clarify his comments, Spicer compounded his gaffe:
"I think when you come to sarin gas, [Hitler] was not using the gas on his own people the same way that Assad is doing." He then added: "But in the way that Assad used them, where he went into towns and dropped them down to innocents in the middle of towns."
Some 30 minutes after leaving the podium, Spicer went for the "trifecta:"
"In no way was I trying to lessen the horrendous nature of the Holocaust. I was trying to draw a distinction of the tactic of using airplanes to drop chemical weapons on population centers. Any attack on innocent people is reprehensible and inexcusable."
RESPONSE WAS SWIFT.
- Chelsea Clinton Tweeted: I hope @PressSec takes time to visit @HolocaustMuseum. It's a few blocks away. https://twitter.com/yashar/status/851857294061174785 …
- Steven Goldstein, Executive Director of the Anne Frank Center for Mutual Respect, Said: "Sean Spicer now lacks the integrity to serve as White House press secretary, and President Trump must fire him at once,"
TAKE AWAY. This is a disgrace.
- Why is Sean Spicer still representing this country and the President of the United States?
- Who in the administration is feeding him these talking points?
- Why can't this country move on without having to fear what this individual will next say? [It's enough that we have a president who shoots from the hip all too often.]