BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Barclays and Deutsche Bank to Lag U.S. Trading Peers
- NY AG Schneiderman Seeks to Close Loophole That Could Let Trump Pardons Block State Charges
- 'Fearless Girl' is Moving to NYSE After Year Staring Down 'Charging Bull'
- What's In Your Wallet - American Express Shares Soar After Earnings Release
- Deutsche Bank's Executive Departures Continue Following Change in CEO
- Reflections of an Economist Commissioner (SEC's Piwowar)
- Billionaire HF Manager and The Fed Chair Runner-Up are Investing in New Cryptocurrency
- Court Finds 2 Brokers Liable for Fraud Involving Mortgage-Backed Securities
- One FINRA: An Organization’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- 2018 GASB Accounting Support Fee to Fund the Governmental Accounting Standards Board
- Barclays Eyes Move Into Cryptocurrency Trading
- Goldman Breaks From Wall Street Pack with Bond-Trading Boom
- Janney Montgomery Scott CEO Joins FINRA Board of Governors
- SEC Encourages Investors to Do Background Checks on Investor.gov
- The Martin Act: Wall Street Titan Takes Aim at Law That Tripped Him Up
- Bank of America’s Cost-Cutting Drive Pushes Profit to Record
- Larry Fink: Wall Street’s $6 Trillion Man Finally Worth $1Bn
- Activist Investor Wants Barclays Investment Banking Overhaul (Video)
- House Passes Bill to Streamline 'Volcker Rule'
- CEO Charged with Penny Stock Fraud - SEC
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Donald Trump & Co.
Trump Spokesman Speaks Volumes with Insulting, Indiscreet, Incompetent, Incorrect Gaffes
[Photo: Melissa McCarthy as Sean Spicer, NBC's SNL]
At Tuesday's press briefing, when asked about Russia's possible complicity in last week's Syrian chemical attack, White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer responded:
You had someone who was as despicable as Hitler who didn't even sink to using chemical weapons." ... "So you have to, if you are Russia, ask yourself is this a country that you and a regime that you want to align yourself with."
Later, when asked to clarify his comments, Spicer compounded his gaffe:
"I think when you come to sarin gas, [Hitler] was not using the gas on his own people the same way that Assad is doing." He then added: "But in the way that Assad used them, where he went into towns and dropped them down to innocents in the middle of towns."
Some 30 minutes after leaving the podium, Spicer went for the "trifecta:"
"In no way was I trying to lessen the horrendous nature of the Holocaust. I was trying to draw a distinction of the tactic of using airplanes to drop chemical weapons on population centers. Any attack on innocent people is reprehensible and inexcusable."
RESPONSE WAS SWIFT.
- Chelsea Clinton Tweeted: I hope @PressSec takes time to visit @HolocaustMuseum. It's a few blocks away. https://twitter.com/yashar/status/851857294061174785 …
- Steven Goldstein, Executive Director of the Anne Frank Center for Mutual Respect, Said: "Sean Spicer now lacks the integrity to serve as White House press secretary, and President Trump must fire him at once,"
TAKE AWAY. This is a disgrace.
- Why is Sean Spicer still representing this country and the President of the United States?
- Who in the administration is feeding him these talking points?
- Why can't this country move on without having to fear what this individual will next say? [It's enough that we have a president who shoots from the hip all too often.]