BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Address at ICI's 2017 Securities Law Developments Conference - SEC Commissioner Stein
- New York Pension Fund Seeks More Pay Disclosure from Wells Fargo
- Wells Fargo Sanctions Are on Ice Under Trump Official
- Josh Brown: Here's How to Buy Bitcoin, But Realize It Could Be One Giant Bubble
- Trump's New Tax Plan Could Cost Citigroup $20 Billion
- Morgan Stanley Fires Former Congressman Harold Ford Jr.
- Al Franken Will Resign Over Sexual Misconduct Allegations - His Full Resignation Speech
- Ex-NFL Player Gets 40 Years for Running $10Mn Fraud
- Bitcoin Blows Past $15K, Adding $2K in Under 12 Hours
- Financial Adviser Settles Charges for Defrauding Private Equity Fund Investors
- New Cross Market Equity Supervision Report Cards - FINRA Phone-In Workshop, WebEx Presentation
- Mueller Just Crossed Trump's Red Line, With Deutsche Bank Subpoena
- Wildfire Rages Near Los Angeles
- Former Company Insider Has $4.1Mn Payday as a Whistleblower
- Audit Firm, Anton & Chia, Conducted Fraudulent Audits of Penny Stock Companies - SEC
- Mueller Subpoenas Deutsche Bank Records on Trump and Family
- Bitcoin Nearly Halfway to $400Bn Value Predicted by Winklevoss Twins 4 Years Ago
- Fidelity Clients Suffer Second Website Glitch in Week
- CBOE Beats CME to Bitcoin Futures Launch with December 10 Start
- McKinsey Senior Exec Thomas Barkin Named New Head of Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Donald Trump & Co.
Trump Spokesman Speaks Volumes with Insulting, Indiscreet, Incompetent, Incorrect Gaffes
[Photo: Melissa McCarthy as Sean Spicer, NBC's SNL]
At Tuesday's press briefing, when asked about Russia's possible complicity in last week's Syrian chemical attack, White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer responded:
You had someone who was as despicable as Hitler who didn't even sink to using chemical weapons." ... "So you have to, if you are Russia, ask yourself is this a country that you and a regime that you want to align yourself with."
Later, when asked to clarify his comments, Spicer compounded his gaffe:
"I think when you come to sarin gas, [Hitler] was not using the gas on his own people the same way that Assad is doing." He then added: "But in the way that Assad used them, where he went into towns and dropped them down to innocents in the middle of towns."
Some 30 minutes after leaving the podium, Spicer went for the "trifecta:"
"In no way was I trying to lessen the horrendous nature of the Holocaust. I was trying to draw a distinction of the tactic of using airplanes to drop chemical weapons on population centers. Any attack on innocent people is reprehensible and inexcusable."
RESPONSE WAS SWIFT.
- Chelsea Clinton Tweeted: I hope @PressSec takes time to visit @HolocaustMuseum. It's a few blocks away. https://twitter.com/yashar/status/851857294061174785 …
- Steven Goldstein, Executive Director of the Anne Frank Center for Mutual Respect, Said: "Sean Spicer now lacks the integrity to serve as White House press secretary, and President Trump must fire him at once,"
TAKE AWAY. This is a disgrace.
- Why is Sean Spicer still representing this country and the President of the United States?
- Who in the administration is feeding him these talking points?
- Why can't this country move on without having to fear what this individual will next say? [It's enough that we have a president who shoots from the hip all too often.]