BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Stephen Hicks Barred for Defrauding His CT Hedge Funds - SEC
- Barclays CEO Staley Sees Pay Decline - Frankly, He's Lucky to Still be Employed
- Barclays Female Investment Bankers Earn 21% Less in Bonuses than Male Counterparts
- FINRA Eliminates $400 Fee for Explained Arbitration Decision
- SEC Adopts Statement and Interpretive Guidance on Public Company Cybersecurity Disclosures
- SEC Charges Former Bitcoin Exchange and Its Founder With Fraud
- JPMorgan Chase to Replace NYC Headquarters with 70-Story Skyscraper
- Citigroup Raises CEO Corbat's Pay 48% to $23Mn
- Should Congress Create a Crypto-Cop?
- JPMorgan Weighs Buying an Exchange-Traded Funds Firm
- Hey, Goldman Sachs: Wanna Buy BNY Mellon?
- SEC Order Rejecting Acquisition of Chicago Stock Exchange (CSX) by Chinese-Baesd Company
- Kyle Moffatt Named Chief Accountant in SEC CorpFinance
- SEC Suspends Trading in 3 Issuers Claiming Involvement in Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Technology
- Karen Garnett, Assoc. Director of SEC CorpFinance, to Leave After 23 Years of Service
- Louisiana Adviser Barred for Hiding Losses from Investors
- Connecticut HF Manager Illegally Diverted Investor Money - Now Owes Nearly $13Mn
- White House Cleaning House of Advisors Without Full Security Clearance
- Goldman Projects 30% Growth in Wealth Management Advisor Force
- Whistleblower Alleges Manipulation of CBOE Volatility Index
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Donald Trump & Co.
Trump Spokesman Speaks Volumes with Insulting, Indiscreet, Incompetent, Incorrect Gaffes
[Photo: Melissa McCarthy as Sean Spicer, NBC's SNL]
At Tuesday's press briefing, when asked about Russia's possible complicity in last week's Syrian chemical attack, White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer responded:
You had someone who was as despicable as Hitler who didn't even sink to using chemical weapons." ... "So you have to, if you are Russia, ask yourself is this a country that you and a regime that you want to align yourself with."
Later, when asked to clarify his comments, Spicer compounded his gaffe:
"I think when you come to sarin gas, [Hitler] was not using the gas on his own people the same way that Assad is doing." He then added: "But in the way that Assad used them, where he went into towns and dropped them down to innocents in the middle of towns."
Some 30 minutes after leaving the podium, Spicer went for the "trifecta:"
"In no way was I trying to lessen the horrendous nature of the Holocaust. I was trying to draw a distinction of the tactic of using airplanes to drop chemical weapons on population centers. Any attack on innocent people is reprehensible and inexcusable."
RESPONSE WAS SWIFT.
- Chelsea Clinton Tweeted: I hope @PressSec takes time to visit @HolocaustMuseum. It's a few blocks away. https://twitter.com/yashar/status/851857294061174785 …
- Steven Goldstein, Executive Director of the Anne Frank Center for Mutual Respect, Said: "Sean Spicer now lacks the integrity to serve as White House press secretary, and President Trump must fire him at once,"
TAKE AWAY. This is a disgrace.
- Why is Sean Spicer still representing this country and the President of the United States?
- Who in the administration is feeding him these talking points?
- Why can't this country move on without having to fear what this individual will next say? [It's enough that we have a president who shoots from the hip all too often.]