BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Deutsche Bank Reports Q2 Profit Surge, But Revenue Shortfall
- Deutsche Bank Warns on Outlook as Cryan's Turnaround Slows
- Jeff Bezos Surpasses Bill Gates as World's Richest Person
- Piper Jaffray Posts 2Q Profit
- Raymond James Beats Q3 Earnings on Improved Revenues
- Libor Funeral Set for 2021 - Now to Find a Rreplacement
- Halliburton Paying $29.2 Million to Settle FCPA Violations
- SEC Charges Two Las Vegas-Based Individuals and Their Company in "Prime Bank" Fraud
- Cohn and Yellen are Contenders to Lead the Fed - Trump
- The Boss Wants You Back in the Office
- Bond Trader Barred by FINRA Wins Arbitration for Unpaid Wages - Bill Singer
- How Does this Square with Trump? Putin Puts North Korea Ties Before Missile Threat
- Venture Funds Reach Dot-Com Era Levels (subsc reqd)
- Libor and London Whale Cases Show Hurdles With Foreign Defendants
- Silence Equals Complicity in Workplace Sexism
- Strange Case of Martin Shkreli Is Wrapping Up
- Citi Private Bank Promotes David Bailin to Global Head of Investments
- Billionaire Dan Loeb Bets Big on BlackRock, World's Largest Asset Manager
- Steve Cohen Planning to Launch $20Bn Hedge Fund
- ‘A Bleak Picture’ for Women Trying to Rise at Law Firms
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
White House Has New Nominee for CFTC Commissioner
Russ Behnam is expected to be nominated as Democrat Commissioner for the CFTC. A senior counsel to Senator Debbie Stabenow, the top Democrat on the Senate Agriculture Committee, Mr. Behnam would essentially replace Democratic Commissioner Sharon Bowen, who recently announced plans to step down. Ms. Bowen has been frustrated that the Commission has been operating since January with just 2 members - her self and acting Chairm Christopher Giancarlo. Two Republican candidates have been nominated as commissioners and await confirmation hearings - Dawn Stump, a former derivatives lobbyist and former Senate staffer, and Brian Quintenz, a former House aide.
RUSS BEHNAM CREDENTIALS. Behnam currently serves as Senior Counsel to the Senate Agriculture Committee’s Ranking Member, Senator Debbie Stabenow. Since joining the Committee in May, 2011, Russ has been an advisor to Senator Stabenow on all policy and legislative issues regarding agricultural biotechnology and crop protection issues regulated under FIFRA. Russ also serves as an advisor on all policy and legislative issues regarding the CFTC, including the Committee’s current effort to reauthorize the Commodity Exchange Act. Behnam also handles all executive nominations that are referred to the Committee for the ranking member.
As a senior advisor to Chairwoman Stabenow during negotiation and passage of the Agricultural Act of 2014, Russ helped find bipartisan agreement on all FIFRA related issues, and acted as legal counsel for the Research, Rural Development, and the Forestry titles of the bill. Prior to joining the Senate Agriculture Committee, Behnam practiced law in New York City. He received a bachelor’s degree from Georgetown and a law degree from Syracuse College of Law. [source: Bio.org]