BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- FINRA RegNote 17-40: AML/KYC Requirements Under FINRA Rule 3310
- Trump defends Roy Moore: 'He totally denies it'
- Barclays CEO Staley's New Investment Banking Strategy Falters
- FIFO: Senate Plan Lets Mutual Funds Skip A Tax Change That Hurts Individual Investors
- FINRA Introduces New Functionality and Design to Fund Analyzer
- Oyster Bay, NY, and Former Top Official Charged with Defrauding Muni Investors
- State Street Challenging BNY Mellon As Largest Custody Bank
- Changes to FINRA Advisory Committees: Phase 1
- SEC Approves CAT Fee Dispute Resolution Process
- Boston-Area Consultant & Friend Settle SEC Insider Trading Charges
- SEC Chair Clayton: Statement on Status of the Consolidated Audit Trail ('CAT')
- Goldman to Launch $5bn Fund with China Investment Corp.
- Wells Fargo Launches Robo-Adviser Targeting Millenial Investors
- Barclays Fails to End U.S. 'Dark Pool' Class Action
- Goldman Sachs' Chief Risk Officer, Craig Broderick, to Retire
- Time to Renew FINRA Registrations - B/D, IA, Agent, IA Rep, Branches
- New Jersey’s Next Governor Could Be a Democrat Who Worked at Goldman Sachs
- FINRA New York Region Networking Seminar - December 1st
- SEC Approves “Pay-to-Play” and Related Rules for Capital Acquisition Brokers
- Hedge Fund Giant Paul Singer Targeted for Destruction by Steve Bannon
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
White House Has New Nominee for CFTC Commissioner
Russ Behnam is expected to be nominated as Democrat Commissioner for the CFTC. A senior counsel to Senator Debbie Stabenow, the top Democrat on the Senate Agriculture Committee, Mr. Behnam would essentially replace Democratic Commissioner Sharon Bowen, who recently announced plans to step down. Ms. Bowen has been frustrated that the Commission has been operating since January with just 2 members - her self and acting Chairm Christopher Giancarlo. Two Republican candidates have been nominated as commissioners and await confirmation hearings - Dawn Stump, a former derivatives lobbyist and former Senate staffer, and Brian Quintenz, a former House aide.
RUSS BEHNAM CREDENTIALS. Behnam currently serves as Senior Counsel to the Senate Agriculture Committee’s Ranking Member, Senator Debbie Stabenow. Since joining the Committee in May, 2011, Russ has been an advisor to Senator Stabenow on all policy and legislative issues regarding agricultural biotechnology and crop protection issues regulated under FIFRA. Russ also serves as an advisor on all policy and legislative issues regarding the CFTC, including the Committee’s current effort to reauthorize the Commodity Exchange Act. Behnam also handles all executive nominations that are referred to the Committee for the ranking member.
As a senior advisor to Chairwoman Stabenow during negotiation and passage of the Agricultural Act of 2014, Russ helped find bipartisan agreement on all FIFRA related issues, and acted as legal counsel for the Research, Rural Development, and the Forestry titles of the bill. Prior to joining the Senate Agriculture Committee, Behnam practiced law in New York City. He received a bachelor’s degree from Georgetown and a law degree from Syracuse College of Law. [source: Bio.org]