BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Sarah ten Siethoff is New Associate Director of SEC Investment Management Rulemaking Office
- Catherine Keating Appointed CEO of BNY Mellon Wealth Management
- Credit Suisse to Pay $47Mn to Resolve DOJ Asia Probe
- SEC Chair Clayton Goes 'Hat in Hand' Before Congress on 2019 Budget Request
- SEC's Opening Remarks to the Elder Justice Coordinating Council
- Massachusetts Jury Convicts CA Attorney of Securities Fraud
- Deutsche Bank Says 3 Senior Investment Bankers to Leave Firm
- World’s Biggest Hedge Fund Reportedly ‘Bearish On Financial Assets’
- SEC Fines Constant Contact, Popular Email Marketer, for Overstating Subscriber Numbers
- SocGen Agrees to Pay $1.3 Billion to End Libya, Libor Probes
- Cryptocurrency Exchange Bitfinex Briefly Halts Trading After Cyber Attack
- SEC Names Valerie Szczepanik Senior Advisor for Digital Assets and Innovation
- SEC Modernizes Delivery of Fund Reports, Seeks Public Feedback on Improving Fund Disclosure
- NYSE Says SEC Plan to Limit Exchange Rebates Would Hurt Investors
- Deutsche Bank faces another challenge with Fed stress test
- Former JPMorgan Broker Files racial discrimination suit against company
- $3.3Mn Winning Bid for Lunch with Warren Buffett
- Julie Erhardt is SEC's New Acting Chief Risk Officer
- Chyhe Becker is SEC's New Acting Chief Economist, Acting Director of Economic and Risk Analysis Division
- Getting a Handle on Virtual Currencies - FINRA
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Wall Street News
6/21 Weekly Recap: Financial Stocks Advance, But Lag the Broad Market ... With BLK Up, USB Down
by Howard Haykin
For the Week ended Friday, 6/21, financial stocks (as measured by The Financialish 30 Index) were a distant second compared to the broad market (as measured by The S&P 500 Index). The financial sector simply could not overcome its disastrous start to the week – losing 1.2% on Monday, 6/17.
Biggest movers among the 11 Largest Financial Stocks (with BlackRock and Goldman pushing out CME Group) ...
- BlackRock (+4.7%) and American Express (+2.5%) were standouts.
- U.S. Bancorp (-1.9%) and JPMorgan (-0.9%) were the only losers.
► Stock prices and market capitalization rankings for the above 11 stocks obtained from Yahoo! Finance
► Click here for 6/21/19 closing prices of all stocks in The Financialish 30 Index.