BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Sarah ten Siethoff is New Associate Director of SEC Investment Management Rulemaking Office
- Catherine Keating Appointed CEO of BNY Mellon Wealth Management
- Credit Suisse to Pay $47Mn to Resolve DOJ Asia Probe
- SEC Chair Clayton Goes 'Hat in Hand' Before Congress on 2019 Budget Request
- SEC's Opening Remarks to the Elder Justice Coordinating Council
- Massachusetts Jury Convicts CA Attorney of Securities Fraud
- Deutsche Bank Says 3 Senior Investment Bankers to Leave Firm
- World’s Biggest Hedge Fund Reportedly ‘Bearish On Financial Assets’
- SEC Fines Constant Contact, Popular Email Marketer, for Overstating Subscriber Numbers
- SocGen Agrees to Pay $1.3 Billion to End Libya, Libor Probes
- Cryptocurrency Exchange Bitfinex Briefly Halts Trading After Cyber Attack
- SEC Names Valerie Szczepanik Senior Advisor for Digital Assets and Innovation
- SEC Modernizes Delivery of Fund Reports, Seeks Public Feedback on Improving Fund Disclosure
- NYSE Says SEC Plan to Limit Exchange Rebates Would Hurt Investors
- Deutsche Bank faces another challenge with Fed stress test
- Former JPMorgan Broker Files racial discrimination suit against company
- $3.3Mn Winning Bid for Lunch with Warren Buffett
- Julie Erhardt is SEC's New Acting Chief Risk Officer
- Chyhe Becker is SEC's New Acting Chief Economist, Acting Director of Economic and Risk Analysis Division
- Getting a Handle on Virtual Currencies - FINRA
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
America’s 10 Biggest Banks Right Now
With the 4th-quarter earnings season nearing a close, it's time to update the list of the 10 biggest banks in America.
JPMorgan Chaseis way out in front with $2.5 trillion worth of assets. If one was to factor in the assets JPMorgan administers for institutional investors, the figure would climb to $23 trillion.
Bank of America retained its position at #2, with Wells Fargoat #3 amd Citigroup #4.
What's really interesting is the immense dropoff to U.S. Bancorp, which is #5. Outside the big 4 banks, U.S. Bancorp remains the nation's largest regional bank. Based in Minneapolis, USB is arguably better positioned than any of its competitors to outperform the industry in the years ahead.
- U.S. Bancorp is big enough to benefit from economies of scale, which is one of the reasons it's such an efficient bank.
- Yet it's small enough to avoid the more onerous regulatory environment confronting its multitrillion-dollar peers.