BROWSE BY TOPIC
- Bad Brokers
- Compliance Concepts
- Investor Protection
- Investments - Unsuitable
- Investments - Strategies
- Investments - Private
- Rules & Regulations
- Bad Advisors
- Boiler Rooms
- Terminations/Cost Cutting
- Wall Street News
- General News
- Donald Trump & Co.
- Regulatory Sanctions
- Big Banks
Stories of Interest
- Sarah ten Siethoff is New Associate Director of SEC Investment Management Rulemaking Office
- Catherine Keating Appointed CEO of BNY Mellon Wealth Management
- Credit Suisse to Pay $47Mn to Resolve DOJ Asia Probe
- SEC Chair Clayton Goes 'Hat in Hand' Before Congress on 2019 Budget Request
- SEC's Opening Remarks to the Elder Justice Coordinating Council
- Massachusetts Jury Convicts CA Attorney of Securities Fraud
- Deutsche Bank Says 3 Senior Investment Bankers to Leave Firm
- World’s Biggest Hedge Fund Reportedly ‘Bearish On Financial Assets’
- SEC Fines Constant Contact, Popular Email Marketer, for Overstating Subscriber Numbers
- SocGen Agrees to Pay $1.3 Billion to End Libya, Libor Probes
- Cryptocurrency Exchange Bitfinex Briefly Halts Trading After Cyber Attack
- SEC Names Valerie Szczepanik Senior Advisor for Digital Assets and Innovation
- SEC Modernizes Delivery of Fund Reports, Seeks Public Feedback on Improving Fund Disclosure
- NYSE Says SEC Plan to Limit Exchange Rebates Would Hurt Investors
- Deutsche Bank faces another challenge with Fed stress test
- Former JPMorgan Broker Files racial discrimination suit against company
- $3.3Mn Winning Bid for Lunch with Warren Buffett
- Julie Erhardt is SEC's New Acting Chief Risk Officer
- Chyhe Becker is SEC's New Acting Chief Economist, Acting Director of Economic and Risk Analysis Division
- Getting a Handle on Virtual Currencies - FINRA
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
And the Next President of Goldman Sachs May Be …
With President David Solomon set to succeed Lloyd Blankfein as Goldman Sachs Chief Executive Officer in October, the big question at the firm is … who will be named president? It's likely that the decision will not be announced until sometime in September.
In any event, it's looking like a 4-person race, and the leading contenders are ...
JOHN WALDRON, 49, joined Goldman in 2000 and, since 2014, has been co-head of the advisory division.
MARTY CHAVEZ, 54, returned to Goldman in 2005 (after taking a hiatus to, among other things, co-found a pair of technology start-ups), and currently is CFO. [Chavez previously headed Goldman’s IT group and the firm has frequently referred to itself more as a ‘technology firm’ than a bank.]
STEPHEN SCHERR, 54, joined Goldman in 1993, and currently heads the consumer and commercial banking division. He previously served as chief strategy officer from 2014 to 2017.
ERIC LANE, 44, joined Goldman in 1996 and is co-head of the firm's investment management division.
[For further details on the candidates, click link below.]
[And for a related story of interest, click on ... Why Goldman Sachs’ Next CEO Is The ‘Perfect Candidate’]