BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Sarah ten Siethoff is New Associate Director of SEC Investment Management Rulemaking Office
- Catherine Keating Appointed CEO of BNY Mellon Wealth Management
- Credit Suisse to Pay $47Mn to Resolve DOJ Asia Probe
- SEC Chair Clayton Goes 'Hat in Hand' Before Congress on 2019 Budget Request
- SEC's Opening Remarks to the Elder Justice Coordinating Council
- Massachusetts Jury Convicts CA Attorney of Securities Fraud
- Deutsche Bank Says 3 Senior Investment Bankers to Leave Firm
- World’s Biggest Hedge Fund Reportedly ‘Bearish On Financial Assets’
- SEC Fines Constant Contact, Popular Email Marketer, for Overstating Subscriber Numbers
- SocGen Agrees to Pay $1.3 Billion to End Libya, Libor Probes
- Cryptocurrency Exchange Bitfinex Briefly Halts Trading After Cyber Attack
- SEC Names Valerie Szczepanik Senior Advisor for Digital Assets and Innovation
- SEC Modernizes Delivery of Fund Reports, Seeks Public Feedback on Improving Fund Disclosure
- NYSE Says SEC Plan to Limit Exchange Rebates Would Hurt Investors
- Deutsche Bank faces another challenge with Fed stress test
- Former JPMorgan Broker Files racial discrimination suit against company
- $3.3Mn Winning Bid for Lunch with Warren Buffett
- Julie Erhardt is SEC's New Acting Chief Risk Officer
- Chyhe Becker is SEC's New Acting Chief Economist, Acting Director of Economic and Risk Analysis Division
- Getting a Handle on Virtual Currencies - FINRA
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Bridget Fitzpatrick Named SEC Chief Litigation Counsel
The SEC announced that Bridget Fitzpatrick will lead its trial unit, while David Gottesman will continue to serve as the agency’s Deputy Chief Litigation Counsel.
Since December 2016, Ms. Fitzpatrick and Mr. Gottesman have served as Co-Acting Chief Litigation Counsel. In that role, they were jointly responsible for supervising the trial unit at the agency’s Washington, D.C. headquarters as well as coordinating with litigators in the SEC’s 11 regional offices around the country.
BRIDGET FITZPATRICK. In her new role, Ms. Fitzpatrick will oversee the sec'S national litigation program. She previously served as a supervisor and a trial lawyer in the SEC’s Enforcement Division, where she supervised the litigation of several successful cases and tried highly complex matters. In recognition of her contributions to the SEC’s litigation program, she has twice received the Chairman’s Award for Excellence, and also received the Arthur F. Flemming Award for excellence in public service. Before joining the SEC, Ms. Fitzpatrick served as a federal prosecutor for more than 5 years and, prior to that, was an attorney for 7 years with DLA Piper. She received her bachelor’s degree from Cornell and her law degree from Georgetown.
DAVID GOTTESMAN. As Deputy, Mr. Gottesman’s responsibilities will include oversight of all trial lawyers in the SEC’s Washington, D.C., headquarters. He also has managed and advised the agency’s nationwide trial unit on litigation strategies and trial preparation. Mr. Gottesman previously served as a supervisor and a trial lawyer in the SEC’s Enforcement Division. Before joining the SEC, Mr. Gottesman was a trial attorney in the Commercial Litigation Branch of the Civil Division of the U.S. Department of Justice. Prior to that, he was a law partner for Rosenthal and Schanfield in Chicago. Mr. Gottesman received his bachelor‘s and law degrees from the U. of Minnesota.