BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Sarah ten Siethoff is New Associate Director of SEC Investment Management Rulemaking Office
- Catherine Keating Appointed CEO of BNY Mellon Wealth Management
- Credit Suisse to Pay $47Mn to Resolve DOJ Asia Probe
- SEC Chair Clayton Goes 'Hat in Hand' Before Congress on 2019 Budget Request
- SEC's Opening Remarks to the Elder Justice Coordinating Council
- Massachusetts Jury Convicts CA Attorney of Securities Fraud
- Deutsche Bank Says 3 Senior Investment Bankers to Leave Firm
- World’s Biggest Hedge Fund Reportedly ‘Bearish On Financial Assets’
- SEC Fines Constant Contact, Popular Email Marketer, for Overstating Subscriber Numbers
- SocGen Agrees to Pay $1.3 Billion to End Libya, Libor Probes
- Cryptocurrency Exchange Bitfinex Briefly Halts Trading After Cyber Attack
- SEC Names Valerie Szczepanik Senior Advisor for Digital Assets and Innovation
- SEC Modernizes Delivery of Fund Reports, Seeks Public Feedback on Improving Fund Disclosure
- NYSE Says SEC Plan to Limit Exchange Rebates Would Hurt Investors
- Deutsche Bank faces another challenge with Fed stress test
- Former JPMorgan Broker Files racial discrimination suit against company
- $3.3Mn Winning Bid for Lunch with Warren Buffett
- Julie Erhardt is SEC's New Acting Chief Risk Officer
- Chyhe Becker is SEC's New Acting Chief Economist, Acting Director of Economic and Risk Analysis Division
- Getting a Handle on Virtual Currencies - FINRA
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
CFTC Gets Newly-Confirmed Commissioners
The U.S. Senate voted Thursday to unanimously confirm Christopher Giancarlo as Chairman for the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC). Mr. Giancarlo has served as Acting Chairman since January.
Before joining the CFTC, Giancarlo was EVP for GFI Group Inc., an interdealer broker offering brokerage services, trade execution, market data, trading platforms and software products. He was U.S. legal counsel for Fenics Software when GFI acquired that firm in 2005. Earlier in his career, Mr. Giancarlo was a corporate partner with Brown Raysman Millstein Felder & Steiner.
The Senate also unanimously confirmed Brian Quintenz and Rostin Behnam as Commissioners. Mr. Quintenz will join the CFTC from Saeculum Capital Management, where he is the Founder, Managing Principal, and Chief Investment Officer. Mr. Behnam, who has served as Senior Counsel to Senator Debbie Stabenow, the top Democrat on the Senate Agriculture Committee, has worked in federal government since 2011.
Mr. Giancarlo, who expressed his appreciation for the bipartisan support in the Senate, said he looks forward “to the swift confirmation of Dawn Stump and getting a full Commission soon.” Mr. Giancarlo added his gratitude to CFTC Commissioner Sharon Bowen, who recently announced her intention to step down in the near future.