BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Sarah ten Siethoff is New Associate Director of SEC Investment Management Rulemaking Office
- Catherine Keating Appointed CEO of BNY Mellon Wealth Management
- Credit Suisse to Pay $47Mn to Resolve DOJ Asia Probe
- SEC Chair Clayton Goes 'Hat in Hand' Before Congress on 2019 Budget Request
- SEC's Opening Remarks to the Elder Justice Coordinating Council
- Massachusetts Jury Convicts CA Attorney of Securities Fraud
- Deutsche Bank Says 3 Senior Investment Bankers to Leave Firm
- World’s Biggest Hedge Fund Reportedly ‘Bearish On Financial Assets’
- SEC Fines Constant Contact, Popular Email Marketer, for Overstating Subscriber Numbers
- SocGen Agrees to Pay $1.3 Billion to End Libya, Libor Probes
- Cryptocurrency Exchange Bitfinex Briefly Halts Trading After Cyber Attack
- SEC Names Valerie Szczepanik Senior Advisor for Digital Assets and Innovation
- SEC Modernizes Delivery of Fund Reports, Seeks Public Feedback on Improving Fund Disclosure
- NYSE Says SEC Plan to Limit Exchange Rebates Would Hurt Investors
- Deutsche Bank faces another challenge with Fed stress test
- Former JPMorgan Broker Files racial discrimination suit against company
- $3.3Mn Winning Bid for Lunch with Warren Buffett
- Julie Erhardt is SEC's New Acting Chief Risk Officer
- Chyhe Becker is SEC's New Acting Chief Economist, Acting Director of Economic and Risk Analysis Division
- Getting a Handle on Virtual Currencies - FINRA
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Columbia Law Professor to be Nominated as SEC Commissioner
Robert Jackson Jr., a Professor of Law and director of the Program on Corporate Law and Policy at Columbia Law School, will be nominated for the vacant Democratic seat on the SEC. Earlier this summer, the White House nominated Hester Peirce, a former SEC counsel and Senate aide, to serve as an SEC Republican Commissioner. The SEC currently is headed by Chair Jay Clayton and Commissioners Michael Pinowar and Kara Stein.
ROBERT JACKSON JR. BACKGROUND. According to the Columbia University site, Jackson joined the faculty in 2010. As director of the Program on Corporate Law and Policy, Jackson's research emphasizes empirical study of executive compensation and corporate governance matters. His most recent project focuses on leakage of material non-public information when activist hedge funds gain corporate board seats, and activist derivative usage.
Other research includes: (i) the first study to examine the time delays of corporate filings posted to the SEC's EDGAR website, its FTP server, and the PDF subscription service; (ii) the first study of the effect of mandatory disclosures required by the JOBS Act on trading by individual investors; (iii) the first empirical study of incentives throughout the managerial hierarchy of a large investment bank; and, (iv) the first comprehensive study of CEO pay in firms owned by private equity.
Before joining the faculty in 2010, Jackson served as an adviser to senior officials at the Department of the Treasury and in the Office of the Special Master for TARP Executive Compensation. Before that, Jackson practiced in the executive compensation department of Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen and Katz.