BROWSE BY TOPIC
- Investments - Unsuitable
- Investments - Strategies
- Investments - Private
- Investor Protection
- Bad Advisors
- Bad Brokers
- Boiler Rooms
- Regulatory Sanctions
- Wall Street News
- Rules & Regulations
- Terminations/Cost Cutting
- Compliance Concepts
- General News
- Donald Trump & Co.
- Big Banks
Stories of Interest
- Sarah ten Siethoff is New Associate Director of SEC Investment Management Rulemaking Office
- Catherine Keating Appointed CEO of BNY Mellon Wealth Management
- Credit Suisse to Pay $47Mn to Resolve DOJ Asia Probe
- SEC Chair Clayton Goes 'Hat in Hand' Before Congress on 2019 Budget Request
- SEC's Opening Remarks to the Elder Justice Coordinating Council
- Massachusetts Jury Convicts CA Attorney of Securities Fraud
- Deutsche Bank Says 3 Senior Investment Bankers to Leave Firm
- World’s Biggest Hedge Fund Reportedly ‘Bearish On Financial Assets’
- SEC Fines Constant Contact, Popular Email Marketer, for Overstating Subscriber Numbers
- SocGen Agrees to Pay $1.3 Billion to End Libya, Libor Probes
- Cryptocurrency Exchange Bitfinex Briefly Halts Trading After Cyber Attack
- SEC Names Valerie Szczepanik Senior Advisor for Digital Assets and Innovation
- SEC Modernizes Delivery of Fund Reports, Seeks Public Feedback on Improving Fund Disclosure
- NYSE Says SEC Plan to Limit Exchange Rebates Would Hurt Investors
- Deutsche Bank faces another challenge with Fed stress test
- Former JPMorgan Broker Files racial discrimination suit against company
- $3.3Mn Winning Bid for Lunch with Warren Buffett
- Julie Erhardt is SEC's New Acting Chief Risk Officer
- Chyhe Becker is SEC's New Acting Chief Economist, Acting Director of Economic and Risk Analysis Division
- Getting a Handle on Virtual Currencies - FINRA
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Consolidated Reports – Your Financial New Worth on a Single Page
by Howard Haykin
A "Consolidated Report" combines information about most or all of a customer's assets, regardless of where those assets are held – i.e., including assets held away from the firm that is preparing the report. In many cases, these Consolidated Reports are prepared at the request of a customer, who may also identify which of his or her accounts to include and provide access to data for accounts held away from the firm that’s preparing the consolidated report.
The Consolidated Reports themselves may contain a variety of information and may be produced as a highly customized document created by an individual representative, or as a standardized report created by a firm system. To the extent individual representatives create consolidated reports, firms are required to supervise this activity, and both the firm and the individual representatives are responsible for compliance with all applicable rules.
AN INVESTOR’S NEXT STEP. Customers wishing to avail of this valuable resource should consult with their financial advisers. Industry rules and regulations require Consolidated Reports, which are communications with the public, to be clear, accurate and not misleading. Furthermore, brokerage firms must rigorously supervise the preparation, dissemination, and retention of all such reports.
[For industry rules applicable to Consolidated Reports, click on FINRA Regulatory Notice 10-19.]