BROWSE BY TOPIC
- Bad Brokers
- Compliance Concepts
- Investor Protection
- Investments - Unsuitable
- Investments - Strategies
- Wall Street News
- Investments - Private
- Rules & Regulations
- Bad Advisors
- Boiler Rooms
- Terminations/Cost Cutting
- General News
- Donald Trump & Co.
- Regulatory Sanctions
- Big Banks
Stories of Interest
- Sarah ten Siethoff is New Associate Director of SEC Investment Management Rulemaking Office
- Catherine Keating Appointed CEO of BNY Mellon Wealth Management
- Credit Suisse to Pay $47Mn to Resolve DOJ Asia Probe
- SEC Chair Clayton Goes 'Hat in Hand' Before Congress on 2019 Budget Request
- SEC's Opening Remarks to the Elder Justice Coordinating Council
- Massachusetts Jury Convicts CA Attorney of Securities Fraud
- Deutsche Bank Says 3 Senior Investment Bankers to Leave Firm
- World’s Biggest Hedge Fund Reportedly ‘Bearish On Financial Assets’
- SEC Fines Constant Contact, Popular Email Marketer, for Overstating Subscriber Numbers
- SocGen Agrees to Pay $1.3 Billion to End Libya, Libor Probes
- Cryptocurrency Exchange Bitfinex Briefly Halts Trading After Cyber Attack
- SEC Names Valerie Szczepanik Senior Advisor for Digital Assets and Innovation
- SEC Modernizes Delivery of Fund Reports, Seeks Public Feedback on Improving Fund Disclosure
- NYSE Says SEC Plan to Limit Exchange Rebates Would Hurt Investors
- Deutsche Bank faces another challenge with Fed stress test
- Former JPMorgan Broker Files racial discrimination suit against company
- $3.3Mn Winning Bid for Lunch with Warren Buffett
- Julie Erhardt is SEC's New Acting Chief Risk Officer
- Chyhe Becker is SEC's New Acting Chief Economist, Acting Director of Economic and Risk Analysis Division
- Getting a Handle on Virtual Currencies - FINRA
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Deutsche Bank Reorg Plan to Profitability
[Photo: Garth Ritchie and Dr. Marcus Schenck / DB Management Profiles]
Deutsche Bank has reorganized its investment bank in an effort to achieve greater efficiency and cost savings. What will change, beginning July 1?
- The markets, corporate finance and global transaction banking divisions will be combined into a single corporate and investment bank (CIB) - to reduce bureaucracy and simplify the organization.
- Marcus Schenck and Garth Ritchie will co-head the CIB.
- Marcus Schenck would concentrate on clients, overseeing corporate finance, global capital markets, and the bank's institutional client group.
- Garth Ritchie will focus on products and processes, supervising equities, fixed income and currencies, global transaction banking, electronic trading, listed derivatives and clearing, research and the division's technology and operations.
- Alexander von zur Muehlen and Mark Fedorcik will jointly head the new global capital markets division - from Frankfurt and New York, respectively.
DR. MARCUS SCHENCK PROFILE. Schenck is DB's Chief Financial Officer. In January 2015, Mr. Schenck joined Deutsche Bank from Goldman Sachs International, where he was Partner and Head of Investment Banking Services for Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA). He also was a member of the Operating Committee of the Investment Banking Division of Goldman Sachs. From 2006 to 2013, Dr. Schenck was CFO and a member of the Management Board of German energy supplier E.ON. From 1997 to 2006, he held a number of senior positions at Goldman Sachs in Frankfurt. Prior to that, he was a consultant at McKinsey & Company.
GARTH RITCHIE PROFILE. Ritchie is DB's Head of Corporate & Investment Bank. He joined Deutsche Bank in 1996 and had been Head of Equities in the Corporate Banking & Securities business division since 2010. He held positions in trading and derivatives for over 2 decades.