BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Sarah ten Siethoff is New Associate Director of SEC Investment Management Rulemaking Office
- Catherine Keating Appointed CEO of BNY Mellon Wealth Management
- Credit Suisse to Pay $47Mn to Resolve DOJ Asia Probe
- SEC Chair Clayton Goes 'Hat in Hand' Before Congress on 2019 Budget Request
- SEC's Opening Remarks to the Elder Justice Coordinating Council
- Massachusetts Jury Convicts CA Attorney of Securities Fraud
- Deutsche Bank Says 3 Senior Investment Bankers to Leave Firm
- World’s Biggest Hedge Fund Reportedly ‘Bearish On Financial Assets’
- SEC Fines Constant Contact, Popular Email Marketer, for Overstating Subscriber Numbers
- SocGen Agrees to Pay $1.3 Billion to End Libya, Libor Probes
- Cryptocurrency Exchange Bitfinex Briefly Halts Trading After Cyber Attack
- SEC Names Valerie Szczepanik Senior Advisor for Digital Assets and Innovation
- SEC Modernizes Delivery of Fund Reports, Seeks Public Feedback on Improving Fund Disclosure
- NYSE Says SEC Plan to Limit Exchange Rebates Would Hurt Investors
- Deutsche Bank faces another challenge with Fed stress test
- Former JPMorgan Broker Files racial discrimination suit against company
- $3.3Mn Winning Bid for Lunch with Warren Buffett
- Julie Erhardt is SEC's New Acting Chief Risk Officer
- Chyhe Becker is SEC's New Acting Chief Economist, Acting Director of Economic and Risk Analysis Division
- Getting a Handle on Virtual Currencies - FINRA
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Deutsche Bank Replaces CEO - Who's Laughing Now?
[Photo: John Cryan (left) and Christian Sewing at news conference in February 2018 / by Andreas Arnold, Bloomberg]
Weeks of speculation at Deutsche Bank have ended with the board's selection of Cristian Sewing as the new Chief Executive Officer. Sewing replaces beleaguered John Cryan who, during his 3 years heading Germany's largest bank, has been stymied by ongoing losses, a plunging share price and a troubled investment bank.
A financial media circus followed the announcement - so here's a sampling of stories, canvassed mostly from Bloomberg.com.
> Ritchie to become sole head of investment bank; Schenck leaves
> ‘We need a new execution dynamic,’ says Chairman Achleitner
> Retail co-head Christian Sewing spent three decades at lender
> Ascent marks return of a German national as sole CEO of bank
> Fate of board chairman Achleitner still up in the air
> Investment bank strategy is most pressing issue for Sewing
> Deutsche Bank chairman faces tough questions at May 24 AGM
> Aramea’s Meyer says Achleitner should leave for bad decisions
> Sewing says time pressure in on as industry changes rapidly
> New CEO calls meeting cost targets at bank ‘non-negotiable
> From Ackermann to Jain to Cryan, CEOs fail to restore growth
> Achleitner turns to veteran German banker in latest gambit