BROWSE BY TOPIC
- Investments - Private
- Investor Protection
- Investments - Unsuitable
- Compliance Concepts
- Investments - Strategies
- Regulatory Sanctions
- Rules & Regulations
- Bad Advisors
- Bad Brokers
- Boiler Rooms
- Wall Street News
- Terminations/Cost Cutting
- General News
- Donald Trump & Co.
- Big Banks
Stories of Interest
- Sarah ten Siethoff is New Associate Director of SEC Investment Management Rulemaking Office
- Catherine Keating Appointed CEO of BNY Mellon Wealth Management
- Credit Suisse to Pay $47Mn to Resolve DOJ Asia Probe
- SEC Chair Clayton Goes 'Hat in Hand' Before Congress on 2019 Budget Request
- SEC's Opening Remarks to the Elder Justice Coordinating Council
- Massachusetts Jury Convicts CA Attorney of Securities Fraud
- Deutsche Bank Says 3 Senior Investment Bankers to Leave Firm
- World’s Biggest Hedge Fund Reportedly ‘Bearish On Financial Assets’
- SEC Fines Constant Contact, Popular Email Marketer, for Overstating Subscriber Numbers
- SocGen Agrees to Pay $1.3 Billion to End Libya, Libor Probes
- Cryptocurrency Exchange Bitfinex Briefly Halts Trading After Cyber Attack
- SEC Names Valerie Szczepanik Senior Advisor for Digital Assets and Innovation
- SEC Modernizes Delivery of Fund Reports, Seeks Public Feedback on Improving Fund Disclosure
- NYSE Says SEC Plan to Limit Exchange Rebates Would Hurt Investors
- Deutsche Bank faces another challenge with Fed stress test
- Former JPMorgan Broker Files racial discrimination suit against company
- $3.3Mn Winning Bid for Lunch with Warren Buffett
- Julie Erhardt is SEC's New Acting Chief Risk Officer
- Chyhe Becker is SEC's New Acting Chief Economist, Acting Director of Economic and Risk Analysis Division
- Getting a Handle on Virtual Currencies - FINRA
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Elizabeth McFadden Named Deputy General Counsel at SEC
The SEC named Elizabeth McFadden as its new Deputy General Counsel for General Law and Management.
As Deputy General Counsel for General Law and Management, Ms. McFadden will provide daily oversight into representation of the Commission, its members and employees in litigation and will advise the Commission and Divisions and Offices within the Commission with respect to general law responsibilities, personnel management and budget. She will also serve as Managing Executive for the Office of the General Counsel.
Ms. McFadden joins the SEC from the U.S. Department of Education, where she has served as Deputy General Counsel for Ethics, Legislative Counsel, and Regulatory Services since February 2011. In that role, she advised the agency's senior leadership on complex legal issues, including the interpretation of Federal statutes and regulations, litigation strategy, agency policy, operations and procedures. Prior to assuming that position, Ms. McFadden served as the Assistant General Counsel for Regulatory Services, where she focused on procurement, labor and employment law, FOIA and interagency agreements, among other areas.
Prior to joining the Department of Education in 2003, Ms. McFadden was a law partner at Dow Lohnes, where she represented private and public corporations on a wide range of legal matters.
Ms. McFadden earned a JD from UVa School of Law, where she was Special Projects Editor of the Virginia Journal of International Law. She earned her a BA Summa Cum Laude from Trinity Washington University.