BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Sarah ten Siethoff is New Associate Director of SEC Investment Management Rulemaking Office
- Catherine Keating Appointed CEO of BNY Mellon Wealth Management
- Credit Suisse to Pay $47Mn to Resolve DOJ Asia Probe
- SEC Chair Clayton Goes 'Hat in Hand' Before Congress on 2019 Budget Request
- SEC's Opening Remarks to the Elder Justice Coordinating Council
- Massachusetts Jury Convicts CA Attorney of Securities Fraud
- Deutsche Bank Says 3 Senior Investment Bankers to Leave Firm
- World’s Biggest Hedge Fund Reportedly ‘Bearish On Financial Assets’
- SEC Fines Constant Contact, Popular Email Marketer, for Overstating Subscriber Numbers
- SocGen Agrees to Pay $1.3 Billion to End Libya, Libor Probes
- Cryptocurrency Exchange Bitfinex Briefly Halts Trading After Cyber Attack
- SEC Names Valerie Szczepanik Senior Advisor for Digital Assets and Innovation
- SEC Modernizes Delivery of Fund Reports, Seeks Public Feedback on Improving Fund Disclosure
- NYSE Says SEC Plan to Limit Exchange Rebates Would Hurt Investors
- Deutsche Bank faces another challenge with Fed stress test
- Former JPMorgan Broker Files racial discrimination suit against company
- $3.3Mn Winning Bid for Lunch with Warren Buffett
- Julie Erhardt is SEC's New Acting Chief Risk Officer
- Chyhe Becker is SEC's New Acting Chief Economist, Acting Director of Economic and Risk Analysis Division
- Getting a Handle on Virtual Currencies - FINRA
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Rules & Regulations
FINRA Board of Governors Meeting (May 9-10)
The FINRA Board of Governors held its 2nd of five planned meetings for 2018. According to FINRA President and CEO Robert Cook, the Board, among other things: (i) approved 2 new rule proposals; (ii) previewed a draft of FINRA’s 2017 Annual Financial Report (to be published in June); and, (iii) conducted it annual review of the membership of FINRA’s advisory committees.
RULE PROPOSAL: Discovery of Insurance Information in Arbitration. FINRA would amend the Discovery Guide’s Firm/Associated Persons Document Production List to require firms and associated persons, upon request, to produce documents concerning 3rd-party insurance coverage. The proposal seeks to address firms’ concerns about prejudice by limiting the circumstances under which insurance coverage information could be presented to arbitrators. [comments to be requested in a Regulatory Notice]
RULE PROPOSAL: TRACE Dissemination of Agency Debt Securities. FINRA would amend Trade Reporting and Compliance Engine (TRACE) rules to expand the definition of “Agency Debt Security” to address a new issuance structure by government-sponsored enterprises (“GSE”) and modify dissemination protocols to apply the $5 million volume dissemination cap to all Agency Debt Securities.