BROWSE BY TOPIC
- Bad Brokers
- Compliance Concepts
- Investor Protection
- Investments - Unsuitable
- Investments - Strategies
- Investments - Private
- Rules & Regulations
- Bad Advisors
- Boiler Rooms
- Terminations/Cost Cutting
- Wall Street News
- General News
- Donald Trump & Co.
- Regulatory Sanctions
- Big Banks
Stories of Interest
- Sarah ten Siethoff is New Associate Director of SEC Investment Management Rulemaking Office
- Catherine Keating Appointed CEO of BNY Mellon Wealth Management
- Credit Suisse to Pay $47Mn to Resolve DOJ Asia Probe
- SEC Chair Clayton Goes 'Hat in Hand' Before Congress on 2019 Budget Request
- SEC's Opening Remarks to the Elder Justice Coordinating Council
- Massachusetts Jury Convicts CA Attorney of Securities Fraud
- Deutsche Bank Says 3 Senior Investment Bankers to Leave Firm
- World’s Biggest Hedge Fund Reportedly ‘Bearish On Financial Assets’
- SEC Fines Constant Contact, Popular Email Marketer, for Overstating Subscriber Numbers
- SocGen Agrees to Pay $1.3 Billion to End Libya, Libor Probes
- Cryptocurrency Exchange Bitfinex Briefly Halts Trading After Cyber Attack
- SEC Names Valerie Szczepanik Senior Advisor for Digital Assets and Innovation
- SEC Modernizes Delivery of Fund Reports, Seeks Public Feedback on Improving Fund Disclosure
- NYSE Says SEC Plan to Limit Exchange Rebates Would Hurt Investors
- Deutsche Bank faces another challenge with Fed stress test
- Former JPMorgan Broker Files racial discrimination suit against company
- $3.3Mn Winning Bid for Lunch with Warren Buffett
- Julie Erhardt is SEC's New Acting Chief Risk Officer
- Chyhe Becker is SEC's New Acting Chief Economist, Acting Director of Economic and Risk Analysis Division
- Getting a Handle on Virtual Currencies - FINRA
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
FINRA Reports Disciplinary Actions Against 14 Firms, 51 Individuals
by Howard Haykin
FIRM'S CASES. Fines for these cases ranged from $5K to $550K. Among the topics covered in these cases are, the following:
- Sales of Non-Traditional ETFs: AWC #2015043362701; AWC #2016048934301.
- Customer Trade Confirmations: AWC #2014039653701.
- Email Retention (WORM): AWC #2016047872901.
- AML (International Business): AWC #2015046020002.
- SEC Regulation S-P: AWC #2014042979701.
- S-T Trading in UITs: AWC #2017052215401.
INDIVIDUAL'S CASES. Twenty-four individuals were barred, which included 13 for refusing or failing to cooperate with FINRA investigations. Among the topics covered in the remaining 27 cases, are, the following:
- Mutual Fund Switching: AWC #2015045549301.
- Conversion of Customer Funds: AWC #2018058343001.
- Impersonation of a Customer: AWC #2015048332401.
- False Expense Reports: AWC #2017053816101.
- Borrowing From Customers: AWC #2016051931501; AWC #2017055404901.
- Disclosure of Non-Public Customer Info: AWC #2015046807002.
- Willful Failure to Update Form U4: AWC #2015044600801.
For details on any of these cases: