BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Sarah ten Siethoff is New Associate Director of SEC Investment Management Rulemaking Office
- Catherine Keating Appointed CEO of BNY Mellon Wealth Management
- Credit Suisse to Pay $47Mn to Resolve DOJ Asia Probe
- SEC Chair Clayton Goes 'Hat in Hand' Before Congress on 2019 Budget Request
- SEC's Opening Remarks to the Elder Justice Coordinating Council
- Massachusetts Jury Convicts CA Attorney of Securities Fraud
- Deutsche Bank Says 3 Senior Investment Bankers to Leave Firm
- World’s Biggest Hedge Fund Reportedly ‘Bearish On Financial Assets’
- SEC Fines Constant Contact, Popular Email Marketer, for Overstating Subscriber Numbers
- SocGen Agrees to Pay $1.3 Billion to End Libya, Libor Probes
- Cryptocurrency Exchange Bitfinex Briefly Halts Trading After Cyber Attack
- SEC Names Valerie Szczepanik Senior Advisor for Digital Assets and Innovation
- SEC Modernizes Delivery of Fund Reports, Seeks Public Feedback on Improving Fund Disclosure
- NYSE Says SEC Plan to Limit Exchange Rebates Would Hurt Investors
- Deutsche Bank faces another challenge with Fed stress test
- Former JPMorgan Broker Files racial discrimination suit against company
- $3.3Mn Winning Bid for Lunch with Warren Buffett
- Julie Erhardt is SEC's New Acting Chief Risk Officer
- Chyhe Becker is SEC's New Acting Chief Economist, Acting Director of Economic and Risk Analysis Division
- Getting a Handle on Virtual Currencies - FINRA
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
FINRA Reports Disciplinary Actions Against 4 Firms, 27 Individuals
by Howard Haykin
In Disciplinary and Other FINRA Actions for March 2019, FINRA reported cases (AWC's) involving 4 member firms and 27 associated persons. FINRA also reported complaints against 1 firm and 7 individuals. Financialish will analyze some of the closed or settled cases in upcoming posts.
FIRMS' CASES. In cases involving member firms, fines ranged up to $125K and in one case $305K in restitutions were ordered. The largest case involved early exchanges of Unit Investment Trusts.
INDIVIDUALS' CASES. In cases involving individuals, fines ranged from $3.5K to $20K, disgorgements or restitutions ranged up to $130K, and suspensions ranged up to 12 months. Seven individuals were barred for refusing / failing to cooperate with FINRA investigations, while 3 individuals were barred for more egregious violative conduct.
Among the topics covered in cases involving individuals:
- Misrepresentations or Omissions: AWC #'s ... 2017055262601; 2015043646501.
- Forgery: AWC #s ... 2017054419802; 2018057636001; 2018057513901.
- Unauthorized Discretion: AWC #'s ... 2017054919301; 2017056098601; 2017055797701; 2017056676201.