BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Sarah ten Siethoff is New Associate Director of SEC Investment Management Rulemaking Office
- Catherine Keating Appointed CEO of BNY Mellon Wealth Management
- Credit Suisse to Pay $47Mn to Resolve DOJ Asia Probe
- SEC Chair Clayton Goes 'Hat in Hand' Before Congress on 2019 Budget Request
- SEC's Opening Remarks to the Elder Justice Coordinating Council
- Massachusetts Jury Convicts CA Attorney of Securities Fraud
- Deutsche Bank Says 3 Senior Investment Bankers to Leave Firm
- World’s Biggest Hedge Fund Reportedly ‘Bearish On Financial Assets’
- SEC Fines Constant Contact, Popular Email Marketer, for Overstating Subscriber Numbers
- SocGen Agrees to Pay $1.3 Billion to End Libya, Libor Probes
- Cryptocurrency Exchange Bitfinex Briefly Halts Trading After Cyber Attack
- SEC Names Valerie Szczepanik Senior Advisor for Digital Assets and Innovation
- SEC Modernizes Delivery of Fund Reports, Seeks Public Feedback on Improving Fund Disclosure
- NYSE Says SEC Plan to Limit Exchange Rebates Would Hurt Investors
- Deutsche Bank faces another challenge with Fed stress test
- Former JPMorgan Broker Files racial discrimination suit against company
- $3.3Mn Winning Bid for Lunch with Warren Buffett
- Julie Erhardt is SEC's New Acting Chief Risk Officer
- Chyhe Becker is SEC's New Acting Chief Economist, Acting Director of Economic and Risk Analysis Division
- Getting a Handle on Virtual Currencies - FINRA
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
FINRA Reports Disciplinary Actions Against 7 Firms, 43 Individuals
by Howard Haykin
In Disciplinary and Other FINRA Actions for June 2019, FINRA reported cases (AWC's) involving 7 member firms and 43 associated persons. FINRA also reported 3 complaints against individuals. Financialish will be analyzing some of the closed or settled cases in upcoming posts.
FIRMS' CASES. In cases involving member firms, fines ranged up to $105K and restitutions ranged up to $126K.
- 1 firm was barred for permitting an unregistered individual to conduct firm business while he served a FINRA suspension.
- 1 firm were sanctioned for erroneous trade submissions to Form 211 Charges.
- 1 firm were sanctioned for transactions involving mutual funds.
INDIVIDUALS' CASES. In cases involving individuals, fines ranged from $0K to $50K, disgorgements or restitutions ranged up to $154K, and suspensions ranged from 10 days to 15 months.
- 19 individuals were barred, 11 of which for refusing / failing to cooperate with FINRA investigations.
- Cases involving Email Violations: AWC #’s 2017054076501; 2017055426201; 2015047201702.
- Cases involving Private Securities Transactions: AWC #’s 2014039839101; 2018057754401; 2017054221601; 2018059400801; 2017055910301; 2018057602801.