BROWSE BY TOPIC
- Bad Brokers
- Compliance Concepts
- Investor Protection
- Investments - Unsuitable
- Investments - Strategies
- Investments - Private
- Rules & Regulations
- Bad Advisors
- Boiler Rooms
- Terminations/Cost Cutting
- Wall Street News
- General News
- Donald Trump & Co.
- Regulatory Sanctions
- Big Banks
Stories of Interest
- Sarah ten Siethoff is New Associate Director of SEC Investment Management Rulemaking Office
- Catherine Keating Appointed CEO of BNY Mellon Wealth Management
- Credit Suisse to Pay $47Mn to Resolve DOJ Asia Probe
- SEC Chair Clayton Goes 'Hat in Hand' Before Congress on 2019 Budget Request
- SEC's Opening Remarks to the Elder Justice Coordinating Council
- Massachusetts Jury Convicts CA Attorney of Securities Fraud
- Deutsche Bank Says 3 Senior Investment Bankers to Leave Firm
- World’s Biggest Hedge Fund Reportedly ‘Bearish On Financial Assets’
- SEC Fines Constant Contact, Popular Email Marketer, for Overstating Subscriber Numbers
- SocGen Agrees to Pay $1.3 Billion to End Libya, Libor Probes
- Cryptocurrency Exchange Bitfinex Briefly Halts Trading After Cyber Attack
- SEC Names Valerie Szczepanik Senior Advisor for Digital Assets and Innovation
- SEC Modernizes Delivery of Fund Reports, Seeks Public Feedback on Improving Fund Disclosure
- NYSE Says SEC Plan to Limit Exchange Rebates Would Hurt Investors
- Deutsche Bank faces another challenge with Fed stress test
- Former JPMorgan Broker Files racial discrimination suit against company
- $3.3Mn Winning Bid for Lunch with Warren Buffett
- Julie Erhardt is SEC's New Acting Chief Risk Officer
- Chyhe Becker is SEC's New Acting Chief Economist, Acting Director of Economic and Risk Analysis Division
- Getting a Handle on Virtual Currencies - FINRA
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Gary Goldsholle Leaving the SEC
Gary Goldsholle, who's served the securities industry for 23 years in various regulatory roles with the CFTC, FINRA, the MSRB, and the SEC, is stepping down as Deputy Director with the SEC's Division of Trading and Markets.
Goldsholle joined the SEC staff in 2015 as a deputy director in the Division of Trading and Markets with responsibility for its Offices of Market Supervision, Chief Counsel, and Clearance and Settlement. In that role, he was substantially involved in many market structure initiatives, including the SEC’s approval of new national securities exchanges, approval of the plan to establish the Consolidated Audit Trail, and rulemakings to enhance operational transparency for alternative trading systems and expand order handling disclosures.
More recently, Mr. Goldsholle served as a key member of the SEC’s Fintech Working Group, where he worked closely with other SEC divisions on cryptocurrency and digital asset security issues, including registration, custody, trading practices, and compliance for market participants seeking to conduct initial coin offerings and trade in digital asset securities.
Prior to joining the SEC, Gary served as General Counsel with the MSRB (2012 to 2014), FINRA (1997 to 2012), the CFTC (1995-1997), and Steptoe & Johnson (1991 to 1995).