BROWSE BY TOPIC
- Bad Brokers
- Compliance Concepts
- Investor Protection
- Investments - Unsuitable
- Investments - Strategies
- Investments - Private
- Rules & Regulations
- Bad Advisors
- Boiler Rooms
- Terminations/Cost Cutting
- Wall Street News
- General News
- Donald Trump & Co.
- Regulatory Sanctions
- Big Banks
Stories of Interest
- Sarah ten Siethoff is New Associate Director of SEC Investment Management Rulemaking Office
- Catherine Keating Appointed CEO of BNY Mellon Wealth Management
- Credit Suisse to Pay $47Mn to Resolve DOJ Asia Probe
- SEC Chair Clayton Goes 'Hat in Hand' Before Congress on 2019 Budget Request
- SEC's Opening Remarks to the Elder Justice Coordinating Council
- Massachusetts Jury Convicts CA Attorney of Securities Fraud
- Deutsche Bank Says 3 Senior Investment Bankers to Leave Firm
- World’s Biggest Hedge Fund Reportedly ‘Bearish On Financial Assets’
- SEC Fines Constant Contact, Popular Email Marketer, for Overstating Subscriber Numbers
- SocGen Agrees to Pay $1.3 Billion to End Libya, Libor Probes
- Cryptocurrency Exchange Bitfinex Briefly Halts Trading After Cyber Attack
- SEC Names Valerie Szczepanik Senior Advisor for Digital Assets and Innovation
- SEC Modernizes Delivery of Fund Reports, Seeks Public Feedback on Improving Fund Disclosure
- NYSE Says SEC Plan to Limit Exchange Rebates Would Hurt Investors
- Deutsche Bank faces another challenge with Fed stress test
- Former JPMorgan Broker Files racial discrimination suit against company
- $3.3Mn Winning Bid for Lunch with Warren Buffett
- Julie Erhardt is SEC's New Acting Chief Risk Officer
- Chyhe Becker is SEC's New Acting Chief Economist, Acting Director of Economic and Risk Analysis Division
- Getting a Handle on Virtual Currencies - FINRA
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Wall Street News
If You Purchased 'Bitcoin Cash' One Week Ago ...
December 23, 2018
... you're sitting on a 140% gain.
Because over the span of the week, the price of Bitcoin Cash rose from ~$82 (on Sunday, December 16) to $197 (noon on Sunday, December 23) - a $115 differential. That's great if you're a trader.
But what if you're more of an investor? Not so grand. Let's compare today's price to a couple of earlier markers:
- On Wednesday, December 20, 2017 - one year ago - Bitcoin Cash hit an intraday high of $4,092. When compared to today's unit price of $197, this cryptocurrency has dropped in value by $3,895 (or 95%).
- On Wednesday, November 7, 2018 - 1-1/2 months ago - Bitcoin Cash had an intraday high of $616. When compared to today's unit price of $197, this cryptocurrency has dropped in value by $419 (or 68%).
Note: Prices obtained from CoinMarketCap.com.
FINANCIALISH TAKE AWAY. All this talk about Bitcoin Cash (BCH) might be somewhat confusing - for starters, what's the difference between Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin (BTC)? Well, they're not interchangeable names for the same cryptocurrency. The are different cryptocurrencies operating on separate and unique blockchains. As far as which of the 2 cryptocurrencies might be better, I'll take a pass on explaining - being a cryptocurrency novice. But the debate is intense and, according to some internet posts, much of it relates to the issue of scalability - a technical reference that pertains to capacity and processing speed of each blockchain.
For a brief explanation, click on the following Investpodia post, Bitcoin vs. Bitcoin Cash: What's the Difference?]