BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Sarah ten Siethoff is New Associate Director of SEC Investment Management Rulemaking Office
- Catherine Keating Appointed CEO of BNY Mellon Wealth Management
- Credit Suisse to Pay $47Mn to Resolve DOJ Asia Probe
- SEC Chair Clayton Goes 'Hat in Hand' Before Congress on 2019 Budget Request
- SEC's Opening Remarks to the Elder Justice Coordinating Council
- Massachusetts Jury Convicts CA Attorney of Securities Fraud
- Deutsche Bank Says 3 Senior Investment Bankers to Leave Firm
- World’s Biggest Hedge Fund Reportedly ‘Bearish On Financial Assets’
- SEC Fines Constant Contact, Popular Email Marketer, for Overstating Subscriber Numbers
- SocGen Agrees to Pay $1.3 Billion to End Libya, Libor Probes
- Cryptocurrency Exchange Bitfinex Briefly Halts Trading After Cyber Attack
- SEC Names Valerie Szczepanik Senior Advisor for Digital Assets and Innovation
- SEC Modernizes Delivery of Fund Reports, Seeks Public Feedback on Improving Fund Disclosure
- NYSE Says SEC Plan to Limit Exchange Rebates Would Hurt Investors
- Deutsche Bank faces another challenge with Fed stress test
- Former JPMorgan Broker Files racial discrimination suit against company
- $3.3Mn Winning Bid for Lunch with Warren Buffett
- Julie Erhardt is SEC's New Acting Chief Risk Officer
- Chyhe Becker is SEC's New Acting Chief Economist, Acting Director of Economic and Risk Analysis Division
- Getting a Handle on Virtual Currencies - FINRA
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
JPMorgan Executive is the New SEC Director of Trading & Markets
Brett Redfearn is leaving JPMorgan to join the SEC as Director of the Trading and Markets Division. He currently serves as Global Head of Market Structure for JPMorgan's Corporate & Investment Bank.
Mr. Redfearn began his career at the American Stock Exchange, where he ran Business Strategy and Equity Order Flow. During his career, Mr. Redfearn has served on the boards of BATS Global Markets, the Chicago Stock Exchange, BIDS Trading, and the National Organization of Investment Professionals.
Here’s Mr. Redfearn’s experience as profiled on LinkedIn.com:
- 1996-2004: Amex: Head of Business Strategy and Equity Order Flow Division.
- 2004-2008: Bear Stearns: Responsible for market structure strategy and exchange relationships.
- 2006-2008: CHX: Board of Directors.
- 2008-2009: JPMorgan: Global Head of Algorithmic Trading
- 2008-2010: JPMorgan: Americas Head of Product, Electronic Client Solutions.
- 2008-2010: JPMorgan: Global Head of Liquidity.
- 2008-2010: BIDS Trading: Board of Directors.
- 2010-2016: JPMorgan: Americas Head of Market Structure Strategy.
- 2008-2016: BATS Exchange: Board of Directors.
- 2016-Present: JPMorgan: Global Head, Equity Market Structure Strategy.
- 2017-Present: JPMorgan: Head of Market Structure, Global Markets.
Mr. Redfearn has a long history in the U.S. equity markets, having worked with investors, exchanges and broker-dealers. During his career, Mr. Redfearn has focused on how technology, regulation and business trends are changing trading patterns across asset classes and geographic regions. He has helped build electronic trading products, worked closely with exchanges and other trading venues as these products evolved, and engaged with global asset managers on major regulatory developments. He has also been a frequent contributor at policy forums surrounding U.S. equity markets, and has been an active participant at several meetings of the SEC's Equity Market Structure Advisory Committee.