BROWSE BY TOPIC
- Compliance Concepts
- Investor Protection
- Investments - Unsuitable
- Investments - Strategies
- Wall Street News
- Bad Brokers
- Investments - Private
- Rules & Regulations
- Bad Advisors
- Boiler Rooms
- Terminations/Cost Cutting
- General News
- Donald Trump & Co.
- Big Banks
- Regulatory Sanctions
Stories of Interest
- Sarah ten Siethoff is New Associate Director of SEC Investment Management Rulemaking Office
- Catherine Keating Appointed CEO of BNY Mellon Wealth Management
- Credit Suisse to Pay $47Mn to Resolve DOJ Asia Probe
- SEC Chair Clayton Goes 'Hat in Hand' Before Congress on 2019 Budget Request
- SEC's Opening Remarks to the Elder Justice Coordinating Council
- Massachusetts Jury Convicts CA Attorney of Securities Fraud
- Deutsche Bank Says 3 Senior Investment Bankers to Leave Firm
- World’s Biggest Hedge Fund Reportedly ‘Bearish On Financial Assets’
- SEC Fines Constant Contact, Popular Email Marketer, for Overstating Subscriber Numbers
- SocGen Agrees to Pay $1.3 Billion to End Libya, Libor Probes
- Cryptocurrency Exchange Bitfinex Briefly Halts Trading After Cyber Attack
- SEC Names Valerie Szczepanik Senior Advisor for Digital Assets and Innovation
- SEC Modernizes Delivery of Fund Reports, Seeks Public Feedback on Improving Fund Disclosure
- NYSE Says SEC Plan to Limit Exchange Rebates Would Hurt Investors
- Deutsche Bank faces another challenge with Fed stress test
- Former JPMorgan Broker Files racial discrimination suit against company
- $3.3Mn Winning Bid for Lunch with Warren Buffett
- Julie Erhardt is SEC's New Acting Chief Risk Officer
- Chyhe Becker is SEC's New Acting Chief Economist, Acting Director of Economic and Risk Analysis Division
- Getting a Handle on Virtual Currencies - FINRA
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Lauren Simmons, 24, Featured NYSE Equity Trader
by Howard Haykin
Lauren Simmons, 24, is a NYSE floor trader with Rosenblatt Securities. Kiersey Clemons, 25, is an American film actress. And now the pair will forever be linked to a film ACG Studios will produce about Ms. Simmons’ journey to becoming the youngest full-time female trader on the New York Stock Exchange.
In June 2018, CNBC Make It published a feature story on Lauren Simmons, How this 23-year-old became the only full-time woman trader at the New York Stock Exchange, relating Ms. Simmons' move from college graduate to NYSE Floor trader. After graduating from Kennesaw State University in December 2016, Lauren Simmons moved to New York, where she planned to pursue a career in medicine. However, she quickly switched her sights to finance and secured a job with Rosenblatt Securities in March 2017. Upon her passing the NYSE Floor Clerk/Member Series 19 Exam, Ms. Simmons became the youngest and, at the time, only full-time female trader at the NYSE.
Shortly after the feature story appeared on CNBC Make It, Ms. Simmons was approached by several production studios about developing a biopic. She opted for AGC Studios because she connected with Kiersey Clemons, who will produce the film and also play Lauren Simmons in the movie.
[For a further read, click on … Story of 24-Year-Old NYSE Equity Trader Lauren Simmons Will Become a Film …, and/or 23-Year-Old Became the Only Full-Time Woman Trader at the NYSE.]