BROWSE BY TOPIC
- Bad Brokers
- Compliance Concepts
- Investor Protection
- Investments - Unsuitable
- Investments - Strategies
- Wall Street News
- Investments - Private
- Rules & Regulations
- Bad Advisors
- Boiler Rooms
- Terminations/Cost Cutting
- General News
- Donald Trump & Co.
- Big Banks
- Regulatory Sanctions
Stories of Interest
- Sarah ten Siethoff is New Associate Director of SEC Investment Management Rulemaking Office
- Catherine Keating Appointed CEO of BNY Mellon Wealth Management
- Credit Suisse to Pay $47Mn to Resolve DOJ Asia Probe
- SEC Chair Clayton Goes 'Hat in Hand' Before Congress on 2019 Budget Request
- SEC's Opening Remarks to the Elder Justice Coordinating Council
- Massachusetts Jury Convicts CA Attorney of Securities Fraud
- Deutsche Bank Says 3 Senior Investment Bankers to Leave Firm
- World’s Biggest Hedge Fund Reportedly ‘Bearish On Financial Assets’
- SEC Fines Constant Contact, Popular Email Marketer, for Overstating Subscriber Numbers
- SocGen Agrees to Pay $1.3 Billion to End Libya, Libor Probes
- Cryptocurrency Exchange Bitfinex Briefly Halts Trading After Cyber Attack
- SEC Names Valerie Szczepanik Senior Advisor for Digital Assets and Innovation
- SEC Modernizes Delivery of Fund Reports, Seeks Public Feedback on Improving Fund Disclosure
- NYSE Says SEC Plan to Limit Exchange Rebates Would Hurt Investors
- Deutsche Bank faces another challenge with Fed stress test
- Former JPMorgan Broker Files racial discrimination suit against company
- $3.3Mn Winning Bid for Lunch with Warren Buffett
- Julie Erhardt is SEC's New Acting Chief Risk Officer
- Chyhe Becker is SEC's New Acting Chief Economist, Acting Director of Economic and Risk Analysis Division
- Getting a Handle on Virtual Currencies - FINRA
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Lucy Fato Joins AIG as EVP and General Counsel
[Photo: AIG's Lucy Fato / BusinessWire.com]
by Howard Haykin
American International Group (AIG) announced on Monday that Lucy Fato will join the company as EVP and General Counsel, effective 10/16/17. She is currently Managing Director, Head of the Americas and General Counsel at the global investigations firm Nardello & Co. Earlier in her career, Ms. Fato served as VP, Deputy General Counsel and Corporate Secretary at Marsh & McLennan Companies.
At AIG, Ms. Fato will oversee the Global Legal, Compliance, Regulatory and Government Affairs function, and will report to AIG President and CEO Brian Duperreault. She’ll also serve as a member of AIG’s Executive Leadership Team, and will participate in all strategic and policy decisions affecting the company’s operations. Ms. Fato succeeds Peter Solmssen, who has served as AIG’s General Counsel since 2016 and is returning to retirement.
At Nardello & Co., Ms. Fato has overseen the firm’s North American and South American practices in addition to acting as the firm’s global General Counsel. She will continue to serve the firm in an advisory capacity. Prior to Nardello & Co. and after MMC, Ms. Fato was Executive Vice President and General Counsel of McGraw Hill Financial (now known as S&P Global). Ms. Fato began her legal career in 1991 at the law firm Davis Polk & Wardwell, where she spent 14 years, including 5 as a partner in the capital markets group.
LUCY FATO EXPERIENCE. (LinkedIn)
October 2016 - October 2017. Nardello & Co. - MD / Head of the Americas / General Counsel.
August 2014 - October 2016. S&P Global - EVP / General Counsel.
September 2005 - July 2014. Marsh & McLennan - Deputy General Counsel / Corporate Secretary.
June 2000 - Septemer 2005. Davis Polk & Wardwell - Partner, Capital Markets .
October 1991 - June 2000. Davis Polk & Wardwell - Associate.
[For additional background, click to access profile at Nardello & Co.]