BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Sarah ten Siethoff is New Associate Director of SEC Investment Management Rulemaking Office
- Catherine Keating Appointed CEO of BNY Mellon Wealth Management
- Credit Suisse to Pay $47Mn to Resolve DOJ Asia Probe
- SEC Chair Clayton Goes 'Hat in Hand' Before Congress on 2019 Budget Request
- SEC's Opening Remarks to the Elder Justice Coordinating Council
- Massachusetts Jury Convicts CA Attorney of Securities Fraud
- Deutsche Bank Says 3 Senior Investment Bankers to Leave Firm
- World’s Biggest Hedge Fund Reportedly ‘Bearish On Financial Assets’
- SEC Fines Constant Contact, Popular Email Marketer, for Overstating Subscriber Numbers
- SocGen Agrees to Pay $1.3 Billion to End Libya, Libor Probes
- Cryptocurrency Exchange Bitfinex Briefly Halts Trading After Cyber Attack
- SEC Names Valerie Szczepanik Senior Advisor for Digital Assets and Innovation
- SEC Modernizes Delivery of Fund Reports, Seeks Public Feedback on Improving Fund Disclosure
- NYSE Says SEC Plan to Limit Exchange Rebates Would Hurt Investors
- Deutsche Bank faces another challenge with Fed stress test
- Former JPMorgan Broker Files racial discrimination suit against company
- $3.3Mn Winning Bid for Lunch with Warren Buffett
- Julie Erhardt is SEC's New Acting Chief Risk Officer
- Chyhe Becker is SEC's New Acting Chief Economist, Acting Director of Economic and Risk Analysis Division
- Getting a Handle on Virtual Currencies - FINRA
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Malapropisms in Season: Adidas Apologizes for Putting its ‘Foot (Sneaker) in Its Mouth’
Patriot’s (or Patriots’) Day was celebrated in Massachusetts and Maine last Monday, April 17th, to commemorate the battles of Lexington and Concord, which were fought near Boston in 1775. And, as tradition would have it, the Boston Marathon was held on that state holiday – 2017 marked the 121st anniversary of the annual race.
On Tuesday, Adidas, which sponsored the event, emailed the following message to all 2017 Boston Marathon finishers:
"Congrats, you survived the Boston Marathon!"
However, the well-intentioned but entirely inappropriate email was attacked as insensitive because it related all too closely to the tragedy that took place in 2013, when 3 people were killed and more than 260 were injured in that year’s Boston Marathon bombing.
A spokesperson for Adidas apologized for the email:
"We are incredibly sorry. Clearly, there was no thought given to the insensitive email subject line we sent Tuesday."
"We deeply apologize for our mistake. The Boston Marathon is one of the most inspirational sporting events in the world. Every year we're reminded of the hope and resiliency of the running community at this event."