BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Sarah ten Siethoff is New Associate Director of SEC Investment Management Rulemaking Office
- Catherine Keating Appointed CEO of BNY Mellon Wealth Management
- Credit Suisse to Pay $47Mn to Resolve DOJ Asia Probe
- SEC Chair Clayton Goes 'Hat in Hand' Before Congress on 2019 Budget Request
- SEC's Opening Remarks to the Elder Justice Coordinating Council
- Massachusetts Jury Convicts CA Attorney of Securities Fraud
- Deutsche Bank Says 3 Senior Investment Bankers to Leave Firm
- World’s Biggest Hedge Fund Reportedly ‘Bearish On Financial Assets’
- SEC Fines Constant Contact, Popular Email Marketer, for Overstating Subscriber Numbers
- SocGen Agrees to Pay $1.3 Billion to End Libya, Libor Probes
- Cryptocurrency Exchange Bitfinex Briefly Halts Trading After Cyber Attack
- SEC Names Valerie Szczepanik Senior Advisor for Digital Assets and Innovation
- SEC Modernizes Delivery of Fund Reports, Seeks Public Feedback on Improving Fund Disclosure
- NYSE Says SEC Plan to Limit Exchange Rebates Would Hurt Investors
- Deutsche Bank faces another challenge with Fed stress test
- Former JPMorgan Broker Files racial discrimination suit against company
- $3.3Mn Winning Bid for Lunch with Warren Buffett
- Julie Erhardt is SEC's New Acting Chief Risk Officer
- Chyhe Becker is SEC's New Acting Chief Economist, Acting Director of Economic and Risk Analysis Division
- Getting a Handle on Virtual Currencies - FINRA
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Morgan Stanley Hikes James Gorman's Pay to $22.5Mn
Morgan Stanley CEO James Gorman received a 7% increase in his overall compensation for 2016 as the Wall Street bank's stock soared and it edged closer to hitting a key profitability target. The announcement follows the report that JPMorgan had increased Jamie Dimon’s comp 3.7% to $28Mn.
Gorman’s compensation includes a $5 million stock bonus - 117,293 shares- in addition to $1.5 million in salary, cash, deferred cash and long-term incentives. No further details were provided
Gorman, who became CEO in 2010, has been focused on building Morgan Stanley's wealth management business, a more stable revenue source than trading. Morgan Stanley posted an 8% return on equity (ROE) in 2016, moving closer to the 9-11% range Gorman aims to achieve by the end of 2017. The fixed income unit rebounded after the first quarter, exceeding Gorman's target of $1 billion in revenue per quarter.