BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Sarah ten Siethoff is New Associate Director of SEC Investment Management Rulemaking Office
- Catherine Keating Appointed CEO of BNY Mellon Wealth Management
- Credit Suisse to Pay $47Mn to Resolve DOJ Asia Probe
- SEC Chair Clayton Goes 'Hat in Hand' Before Congress on 2019 Budget Request
- SEC's Opening Remarks to the Elder Justice Coordinating Council
- Massachusetts Jury Convicts CA Attorney of Securities Fraud
- Deutsche Bank Says 3 Senior Investment Bankers to Leave Firm
- World’s Biggest Hedge Fund Reportedly ‘Bearish On Financial Assets’
- SEC Fines Constant Contact, Popular Email Marketer, for Overstating Subscriber Numbers
- SocGen Agrees to Pay $1.3 Billion to End Libya, Libor Probes
- Cryptocurrency Exchange Bitfinex Briefly Halts Trading After Cyber Attack
- SEC Names Valerie Szczepanik Senior Advisor for Digital Assets and Innovation
- SEC Modernizes Delivery of Fund Reports, Seeks Public Feedback on Improving Fund Disclosure
- NYSE Says SEC Plan to Limit Exchange Rebates Would Hurt Investors
- Deutsche Bank faces another challenge with Fed stress test
- Former JPMorgan Broker Files racial discrimination suit against company
- $3.3Mn Winning Bid for Lunch with Warren Buffett
- Julie Erhardt is SEC's New Acting Chief Risk Officer
- Chyhe Becker is SEC's New Acting Chief Economist, Acting Director of Economic and Risk Analysis Division
- Getting a Handle on Virtual Currencies - FINRA
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Municipal Compliance Outreach Program
The SEC, MSRB and FINRA will hold a day-long Compliance Outreach Program for Municipal Advisors on February 7, 2019. The event, to be held in San Francisco, is open to all municipal advisor and securities industry professionals. In-person attendance is limited to a first-come, first-served basis. The program will also be available live via audio webcast on the SEC’s website. There is no cost to attend.
The program, which provides an open forum for municipal advisory industry professionals to discuss regulatory and compliance issues with regulators, is a collaboration of the SEC’s Office of Compliance Inspections and Examinations (OCIE), the SEC's Office of Municipal Securities, the MSRB and FINRA.
Topics of discussion include:
- duties and standards of conduct for solicitor and non-solicitor municipal advisors under MSRB Rule G-42 and the Securities Exchange Act of 1934;
- municipal advisor compliance with new MSRB rules;
- municipal advisor and underwriter roles in a public offering of municipal securities and in the investment of bond proceeds;
- SEC and FINRA examination processes, common exam observations, and relevant enforcement actions.
[For further details and to register for the program, click below link.]