BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Sarah ten Siethoff is New Associate Director of SEC Investment Management Rulemaking Office
- Catherine Keating Appointed CEO of BNY Mellon Wealth Management
- Credit Suisse to Pay $47Mn to Resolve DOJ Asia Probe
- SEC Chair Clayton Goes 'Hat in Hand' Before Congress on 2019 Budget Request
- SEC's Opening Remarks to the Elder Justice Coordinating Council
- Massachusetts Jury Convicts CA Attorney of Securities Fraud
- Deutsche Bank Says 3 Senior Investment Bankers to Leave Firm
- World’s Biggest Hedge Fund Reportedly ‘Bearish On Financial Assets’
- SEC Fines Constant Contact, Popular Email Marketer, for Overstating Subscriber Numbers
- SocGen Agrees to Pay $1.3 Billion to End Libya, Libor Probes
- Cryptocurrency Exchange Bitfinex Briefly Halts Trading After Cyber Attack
- SEC Names Valerie Szczepanik Senior Advisor for Digital Assets and Innovation
- SEC Modernizes Delivery of Fund Reports, Seeks Public Feedback on Improving Fund Disclosure
- NYSE Says SEC Plan to Limit Exchange Rebates Would Hurt Investors
- Deutsche Bank faces another challenge with Fed stress test
- Former JPMorgan Broker Files racial discrimination suit against company
- $3.3Mn Winning Bid for Lunch with Warren Buffett
- Julie Erhardt is SEC's New Acting Chief Risk Officer
- Chyhe Becker is SEC's New Acting Chief Economist, Acting Director of Economic and Risk Analysis Division
- Getting a Handle on Virtual Currencies - FINRA
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
NBA, NFL Stars Hit Morgan Stanley, Wells Fargo with Arbitration Claims
Arbitration claims continue to flow in against Aaron Parthemer, a former financial adviser to NFL and NBA star athletes who worked for Morgan Stanley and Wells Fargo. FINRA barred the rogue broker from the industry in April 2015, but that was way after he mismanaged several clients’ finances and, in some cases, solicited clients to invest in his nightclub, which he owned from 2009 to 2012.
So, too, arbitration claims pouring in against Parthemer’s former employers, Morgan Stanley and Wells Fargo. Parthemer, who entered the industry in 1994, worked 2-1/2 years for Morgan Stanley Smith Barney (June 2009 to November 2011) and 3-1/2 years for Wells Fargo Advisors (October 2011 to May 2015). Parthemer also worked 2-1/2 for Citigroup Global Markets, the predecessor to Smith Barney.
New Claim: Two NFL players, Arizona Cardinals safety Antoine Bethea and former NY Jets linebacker Antwan Barnes filed $1.8 million in claims against MS and WF, accusing the firms of failing to supervise Parthemer. [Financial Planning]
Pending Claim: NFL cornerback Asante Samuel and Mega Millions lottery winner James Groves are jointly seeking $7.8 million in damages against Morgan Stanley in a pending arbitration case. [On Wall Street]
Awarded Claim: Former NBA player Keyon Dooling and former NFL player John St. Clair were awarded $819,000 in May 2016 in an arbitration case against Morgan Stanley. [Investment News]