BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Sarah ten Siethoff is New Associate Director of SEC Investment Management Rulemaking Office
- Catherine Keating Appointed CEO of BNY Mellon Wealth Management
- Credit Suisse to Pay $47Mn to Resolve DOJ Asia Probe
- SEC Chair Clayton Goes 'Hat in Hand' Before Congress on 2019 Budget Request
- SEC's Opening Remarks to the Elder Justice Coordinating Council
- Massachusetts Jury Convicts CA Attorney of Securities Fraud
- Deutsche Bank Says 3 Senior Investment Bankers to Leave Firm
- World’s Biggest Hedge Fund Reportedly ‘Bearish On Financial Assets’
- SEC Fines Constant Contact, Popular Email Marketer, for Overstating Subscriber Numbers
- SocGen Agrees to Pay $1.3 Billion to End Libya, Libor Probes
- Cryptocurrency Exchange Bitfinex Briefly Halts Trading After Cyber Attack
- SEC Names Valerie Szczepanik Senior Advisor for Digital Assets and Innovation
- SEC Modernizes Delivery of Fund Reports, Seeks Public Feedback on Improving Fund Disclosure
- NYSE Says SEC Plan to Limit Exchange Rebates Would Hurt Investors
- Deutsche Bank faces another challenge with Fed stress test
- Former JPMorgan Broker Files racial discrimination suit against company
- $3.3Mn Winning Bid for Lunch with Warren Buffett
- Julie Erhardt is SEC's New Acting Chief Risk Officer
- Chyhe Becker is SEC's New Acting Chief Economist, Acting Director of Economic and Risk Analysis Division
- Getting a Handle on Virtual Currencies - FINRA
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
New Deputy Directors in SEC Trading and Markets Division
The SEC announced that Elizabeth Baird and Christian Sabella have been named Deputy Directors in the Division of Trading and Markets.
LIZZIE BAIRD joins the SEC ... from Morgan, Lewis & Bockius, where she was a partner in the firm's Washington, D.C. office and served as a leading adviser to businesses and investors in the fixed income, equities, and options markets. Prior to attending law school, Ms. Baird spent nearly a decade trading bonds. She earned her bachelor's degree from Brown and her law degree from Georgetown Law.
According to her LinkedIn page, Lizzie Baird's professional experience reads like this:
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius: Co-Managing Partner, D.C. Office (2014 – July 2018)
- Bingham McCutchen: Partner (2010 – 2014)
- O'Melveny & Myers: Partner (2001 – 2010)
- K&L Gates: Attorney (1996 – 2001)
- Meridian: Bond Trader (1991 – 1992)
- Tucker Anthony & R.L. Day: Bond Trader (1987 – 1990)
- Mabon Nugent: Bond Trader (1983 – 1987)
CHRISTIAN SABELLA, who joined the SEC in 2011, has been ... an Associate Director in the division's Office of Clearance and Settlement since 2015, and played a key role in the development, implementation and oversight of financial market infrastructure policy initiatives, including standards for systemically important clearing agencies and shortening the standard settlement cycle. When he joined the SEC in 2011, he did so as a branch chief in the division's Office of Derivatives Policy and Trading Practices and later served as counsel to the director of the Division of Trading and Markets. Mr. Sabella earned his bachelor's degree from Notre Dame and his law degree from Georgetown Law.