BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Sarah ten Siethoff is New Associate Director of SEC Investment Management Rulemaking Office
- Catherine Keating Appointed CEO of BNY Mellon Wealth Management
- Credit Suisse to Pay $47Mn to Resolve DOJ Asia Probe
- SEC Chair Clayton Goes 'Hat in Hand' Before Congress on 2019 Budget Request
- SEC's Opening Remarks to the Elder Justice Coordinating Council
- Massachusetts Jury Convicts CA Attorney of Securities Fraud
- Deutsche Bank Says 3 Senior Investment Bankers to Leave Firm
- World’s Biggest Hedge Fund Reportedly ‘Bearish On Financial Assets’
- SEC Fines Constant Contact, Popular Email Marketer, for Overstating Subscriber Numbers
- SocGen Agrees to Pay $1.3 Billion to End Libya, Libor Probes
- Cryptocurrency Exchange Bitfinex Briefly Halts Trading After Cyber Attack
- SEC Names Valerie Szczepanik Senior Advisor for Digital Assets and Innovation
- SEC Modernizes Delivery of Fund Reports, Seeks Public Feedback on Improving Fund Disclosure
- NYSE Says SEC Plan to Limit Exchange Rebates Would Hurt Investors
- Deutsche Bank faces another challenge with Fed stress test
- Former JPMorgan Broker Files racial discrimination suit against company
- $3.3Mn Winning Bid for Lunch with Warren Buffett
- Julie Erhardt is SEC's New Acting Chief Risk Officer
- Chyhe Becker is SEC's New Acting Chief Economist, Acting Director of Economic and Risk Analysis Division
- Getting a Handle on Virtual Currencies - FINRA
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
SEC Appoints New Associate Regional Director for Examinations in New York Region
The SEC named Thomas Butler as its Associate Regional Director for the Investment Adviser and Investment Company examination program in the agency's New York Regional Office. Mr. Butler is leaving his current position as Director of the SEC's Office of Credit Ratings (OCR), a position he has held since June 2012.
Thomas Butler's Credentials. Butler had been the first Director of the SEC’s Office of Credit Ratings in June 2012, charged with assisting the Commission in executing its responsibility for the oversight of nationally recognized statistical rating organizations. Prior to that appointment, Mr. Butler was a Managing Director at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney and Citigroup. Prior to Citigroup, he held senior financial advisory and structuring roles at UBS and Babcock & Brown. Mr. Butler began his career as an attorney at two major law firms.
Jessica Kane, Director of the SEC's Office of Municipal Securities, will serve as Acting Director of OCR on an interim basis following Mr. Butler's departure. In turn, Rebecca Olsen, Deputy Director of OMS, will serve as Acting Director of that office while Ms. Kane is assigned to OCR.