BROWSE BY TOPIC
- Bad Brokers
- Compliance Concepts
- Investor Protection
- Investments - Unsuitable
- Investments - Strategies
- Wall Street News
- Investments - Private
- Rules & Regulations
- Bad Advisors
- Boiler Rooms
- Terminations/Cost Cutting
- General News
- Donald Trump & Co.
- Big Banks
- Regulatory Sanctions
Stories of Interest
- Sarah ten Siethoff is New Associate Director of SEC Investment Management Rulemaking Office
- Catherine Keating Appointed CEO of BNY Mellon Wealth Management
- Credit Suisse to Pay $47Mn to Resolve DOJ Asia Probe
- SEC Chair Clayton Goes 'Hat in Hand' Before Congress on 2019 Budget Request
- SEC's Opening Remarks to the Elder Justice Coordinating Council
- Massachusetts Jury Convicts CA Attorney of Securities Fraud
- Deutsche Bank Says 3 Senior Investment Bankers to Leave Firm
- World’s Biggest Hedge Fund Reportedly ‘Bearish On Financial Assets’
- SEC Fines Constant Contact, Popular Email Marketer, for Overstating Subscriber Numbers
- SocGen Agrees to Pay $1.3 Billion to End Libya, Libor Probes
- Cryptocurrency Exchange Bitfinex Briefly Halts Trading After Cyber Attack
- SEC Names Valerie Szczepanik Senior Advisor for Digital Assets and Innovation
- SEC Modernizes Delivery of Fund Reports, Seeks Public Feedback on Improving Fund Disclosure
- NYSE Says SEC Plan to Limit Exchange Rebates Would Hurt Investors
- Deutsche Bank faces another challenge with Fed stress test
- Former JPMorgan Broker Files racial discrimination suit against company
- $3.3Mn Winning Bid for Lunch with Warren Buffett
- Julie Erhardt is SEC's New Acting Chief Risk Officer
- Chyhe Becker is SEC's New Acting Chief Economist, Acting Director of Economic and Risk Analysis Division
- Getting a Handle on Virtual Currencies - FINRA
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
SEC Deputy Director of Trading and Markets is Retiring
Gary Barnett, Deputy Director in the SEC’s Division of Trading and Markets, will retire from the agency at the end of the year. His next move was not disclosed.
Since joining the SEC in January 2015, Mr. Barnett has overseen the division’s Office of Broker-Dealer Finances, Office of Derivatives Policy, Office of Trading Practices, its Volcker rule team, and its participation in various global regulatory initiatives. In addition, he has been a member of the agency’s Cybersecurity Working Group and its Fintech Working Group and has been its senior most representative on multiagency groups including the Senior Supervisors Group and the Supervisors Roundtable on Governance Effectiveness.
Prior to joining the SEC, Mr. Barnett … had been at the CFTC from 2011 to 2015, where he served as director of the Division of Swap Dealer and Intermediary Oversight. From 2004 to 2011, he was a partner at Linklaters law in New York, heading its U.S. Structured Finance and Derivatives practice. From 1999 to 2004, he was a partner at Shearman and Sterling law, co-heading its structured finance and derivatives group. Mr. Barnett earned his bachelor’s degree from University of Tulsa, his JD from the University of Tulsa Law and an LLM from NYU Law.