BROWSE BY TOPIC
- Bad Brokers
- Compliance Concepts
- Investor Protection
- Investments - Unsuitable
- Investments - Strategies
- Wall Street News
- Investments - Private
- Rules & Regulations
- Bad Advisors
- Boiler Rooms
- Terminations/Cost Cutting
- General News
- Donald Trump & Co.
- Regulatory Sanctions
- Big Banks
Stories of Interest
- Sarah ten Siethoff is New Associate Director of SEC Investment Management Rulemaking Office
- Catherine Keating Appointed CEO of BNY Mellon Wealth Management
- Credit Suisse to Pay $47Mn to Resolve DOJ Asia Probe
- SEC Chair Clayton Goes 'Hat in Hand' Before Congress on 2019 Budget Request
- SEC's Opening Remarks to the Elder Justice Coordinating Council
- Massachusetts Jury Convicts CA Attorney of Securities Fraud
- Deutsche Bank Says 3 Senior Investment Bankers to Leave Firm
- World’s Biggest Hedge Fund Reportedly ‘Bearish On Financial Assets’
- SEC Fines Constant Contact, Popular Email Marketer, for Overstating Subscriber Numbers
- SocGen Agrees to Pay $1.3 Billion to End Libya, Libor Probes
- Cryptocurrency Exchange Bitfinex Briefly Halts Trading After Cyber Attack
- SEC Names Valerie Szczepanik Senior Advisor for Digital Assets and Innovation
- SEC Modernizes Delivery of Fund Reports, Seeks Public Feedback on Improving Fund Disclosure
- NYSE Says SEC Plan to Limit Exchange Rebates Would Hurt Investors
- Deutsche Bank faces another challenge with Fed stress test
- Former JPMorgan Broker Files racial discrimination suit against company
- $3.3Mn Winning Bid for Lunch with Warren Buffett
- Julie Erhardt is SEC's New Acting Chief Risk Officer
- Chyhe Becker is SEC's New Acting Chief Economist, Acting Director of Economic and Risk Analysis Division
- Getting a Handle on Virtual Currencies - FINRA
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
SEC Exodus: Chief of Staff Andrew Donohue is Leaving
[Photo: by Brendan Hoffman for Bloomberg]
The SEC announced that Chief of Staff Andrew ‘Buddy’ Donohue will be leaving at the end of January. SEC Chair Mary Jo White named Mr. Donohue as Chief of Staff in May 2015.
As Chief of Staff, Mr. Donohue was a senior adviser to the Chair on all policy, management, and regulatory issues. Mr. Donohue had previously served as the Director of the SEC’s Division of Investment Management from May 2006 to November 2010. In between those two stints at the SEC, Mr. Donohue served in the following capacities:
- With Goldman Sachs as MD, Associate GC and investment company GC (from November 2012 to May 2015).
- With Morgan Lewis & Bockius as a partner in the investment management practice group (from March 2011 to October 2012).
Earlier in his career, Mr. Donohue served as global GC at Merrill Lynch Investment Managers (from May 2003 to May 2006), and as EVP/ GC at OppenheimerFunds (from June 1991 to November 2001).
Mr. Donohue earned his J.D. from NYU Law and his BA from Hofstra.